1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cheap phpLd deeplink mod?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by agnivo007, Apr 22, 2007.

1. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe I was wrong this thread has 'some more legs' as ! Ask ! has just chucked his post into the ring ;)

britishguy, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  2. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    So what I get from this full conversation is that an0n's charges are justified for his lifetime support and complexity of the mod installation.

I wonder :
    - Why not have it as a default phpLd mod ? I hope the owners aren't biased that they'd not include a cool feature just because their friend is selling the same mod.

- Why doesn't an0n release a self-service version of the mod (priced cheaper) where experienced people can install and maintain it themselves, lessening an0n's headache and extra time required to upgrade again and again?

- Why not put up a forum/wiki so that self-service version takers can share/discuss and solve out the problems themselves.

- Is an0n fearing that giving the mod as a package means loss to him? If so, then how is phpLD itself is surviving?

- Why not offer discounted self-service pack for 5,10 domains?

agnivo007, Apr 22, 2007 IP
    romow and LeopardAt1 like this.
  3. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Whatever Whatever :)
    Anon's Mods , Support, quality, free lifetime service, unlimited features Rock!

amitpatel_3001, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  4. shortd81

shortd81 Banned

Best Answers:
    ;) ;)
    totally agree

shortd81, Apr 22, 2007 IP
    1 person likes this.
  5. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Amit, your statement has already been established numerous times (who likes it and finds good is totally subjective) so let's skip that...

Why not discuss things after that (see my questions) or some alternatives ?

I'm not against an0n or any other programmer,etc. It's a mere discussion and I'm looking for a good yet cheap solution.

6. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    I could not find anyone who could get this thing installed for me, BTW you know unique stays longer :) and from what all i know an0n started this mod first and thats the reason i would go for him.

What's the use of getting it pre installed with phpld? dont you think david didnt get this idea too? why didnt he do this then? May be ts not possible for him too :rolleyes: or may be he does not expect so much support for these pre installed mods ;) anyway thats david's script & his wish to pre install it or not :)

Iam just waiting for an0n's version of phpld :=

Also if you think you will find someone else who will install this mod for cheap, why do you think all the best directories have this mod installed?

7. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not all are technically challenged and not all are technically blessed.
    I guess that's why you have additional support as an option for most established scripts.

Anyway, I see the discussion is taking a turn which I dont think is good.

8. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    ok, then here is a deal,
    Last month i installed a quick categories added announced by David - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=198485

And which totally ****ed my best directorie's backend, where i lost all my categories around 5000 :rolleyes: and had to instantly contact An0n who helped me and finally i got my directory back.

Now do you think the Official mods announced by David are good aka pre installed ones which you are referring to (or) the Best supported mods by An0n are good? :cool:

Note : Please use David's Mod on your directory - http://www.phpld.com/mods/quick-subcategory-adder.zip and see how you lose your directory ;)

9. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    This clearly proves that my concern for the discussion going taking the wrong turn was true.

This thread is not for throwing or accepting challenges...so cool down a bit, Amit (I know Indian summer is really hot) ;)

10. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok agnivo007, lets bring this back to the topic. You state that you want to find a cheaper version of the mod.

What would such a mod be worth to you and how much would you be prepared to pay for it?

I think this - - Why doesn't an0n release a self-service version of the mod (priced cheaper) where experienced people can install and maintain it themselves, lessening an0n's headache and extra time required to upgrade again and again?

Would be a great idea, a good way for an0n to remove some of the pressure perhaps?

Also, an0n may very well offer bulk discounts, you should contact and ask him.

SilkySmooth, Apr 22, 2007 IP
    1 person likes this.
  11. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it would happen if you rest your necks for a little bit.....

You guys come woofin and you have no clue whats going on around you...

Give it a week or so and im sure things will be a bit different...

thx
    bye
    malcolm

malcolm1, Apr 22, 2007 IP
    agnivo007 likes this.
  12. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think everything has been explained here. There are only 2 solutions.
    Either you get it or don't. :)

Options are later.

popotalk, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  13. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that cheap doesn’t always mean it’s going to be of poor quality.
    Like lots of things today it’s always a matter of choice, I have learnt that quality goods can also go wrong.
    Maybe I’m a little old fashioned but I tend to stick with what I like.

Before I bought the deep link mod from an0n I would have jumped at the chance of getting it from elsewhere at half the price.
    After I bought the mod I made my money back in days, while I was upgrading to the new version of PHPld I managed to lose the deep links I was past myself.
    A quick pm to an0n and my problem was sorted I didn’t have to pay anything, and it was my fault remember. That speaks volumes of the man himself.
    I’m not saying you won’t get the same service elsewhere but I know where my next Mod is coming from.

The problem now is which Mod?

Thank Brian

Brian1970, Apr 23, 2007 IP
    1 person likes this.
  14. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well let me tell you what you sound like agniv

you are basically saying ...

Bill Gates you provide so much support for all your windows version, and make it so expensive why don't you just make it avail. for free and no support no updates.

you are basically telling a guy to let his codes go the one he is making profit from.

No phpld should not have this mod installed because havin this mod shows that you are serious about your directory or (directories for some ;)).

So by giving every one the chance this industry will suffer because there will be nothing different and the prices for links will get so low that people will just leave.

Nothing against you, but you dont sound fair in this judgemental you are just saying to phpld hey hey hey ... just put this mod in there ... like you are saying

take one of the templates from www.allphpld.com and put it in because you like it and dont wanna pay $25 for a premium template.

its JUST NOT FAIR

smub, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  15. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    At present I can not afford - the $$$ for an0n's mod. But I have been waiting and waiting till I can afford --and the day --my PP will allow me--I'll order it from an0n. No doubt about that. Hopefully -I can get it in the next few weeks -- till then I'll just admire :)

jhnrang, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  16. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow...2 red reps from some real mom f'kers !

Who are the real losers? you both...cause you don't even have the courage to mention your userid while giving the red reps! LOL

Stop stinging other's asses out of no valid reason...get a life, lame f'kers! :p

agnivo007, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  17. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    And smub, I think the possibilities were to be discussed...nothing rigid.

And what is fair ? I dont wanna dig old stuff out, but was your template ripoff scandal fair enough? (dont get angry, pal!) ;)

agnivo007, Apr 23, 2007 IP
    Velocity likes this.
  18. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    That must be why all these fortune 500 companies and other huge corporations who outsource so much of their work to 3rd world countries are making no money, right?

jabb, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  19. Antonio

Antonio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same point here.

Script is not the most important but the services, I don't think cheap one can offer lifetime support and upgrade. People will not re-install a script for 3 times if you only pay $10.

Antonio, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  20. aspidov

aspidov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If $100 is too much, pm me and ask me how much I will design you a skin for ;) note: you might want to leave this industry after that much information

aspidov, Apr 24, 2007 IP