1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rants & Raves of Forum Moderators at a Car Forum

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by EGS, Apr 22, 2007.

Man, I'm registered at this one car forum, and I must say their moderators are complete stubborn assholes. :mad:

Excuse the language, but the moderators over at the forum I'm talking about are complete dicks.

I own a '05 Pontiac Grand AM. I'd like to modify my car for performance and appearance a little bit, so I searched Google to find a pretty big Grand AM forum:
    www.grandamgt.com/forum/

Alright, so I registered. I began reading the threads there, and learned quite a bit of information. Everytime I make a new thread asking for information, moderators are always closing my threads telling me to "search".

First off, everybody knows vBulletin's search feature isn't the greatest. :mad: Second off, the stuff I type for isn't an exact match of the thread title or thread's content, so I will hardly ever find the results/information I am looking for.

I'm trying to constantly gather information there by creating new threads doing what members do: ask questions. The moderators are complete dicks to me and always close my threads, give infractions or warnings, and tell me to "search".

If members cannot ask questions, the site should be an article website, and not a forum. :mad:

Duplicate questions are being asked here all of the time. It's not fair to members of this forum to not be able to ask questions. Sure they can search, but everyone is different, and so is their car and their question (questions and needs always vary of every user).

I am always polite and professional in my threads trying to ask questions, but the moderators always seem to bash me and close my threads. Observe, here is the latest one:
    http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68029

Wow I asked how I can get a new spedometer similar to the GT's. I was receiving answers and then that dick of a moderator decides to warn me, close my thread, and tell me to "go find it". That's complete bullshit.

Foreal, the moderators there don't have to be such dicks. I run a moderatly large gaming forum (over 2k members) and certainly my moderators are not dicks like that.

EGS, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  2. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just forget about and move on to an other forum, there are so many out their right now.

BigBadWolf, Apr 22, 2007 IP
    EGS likes this.
  3. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd love to do that, but it's the only place that has the members that know the information and the car so well..

EGS, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  4. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    i feel your pain, EGS. i once participated a gaming forum (phpBB). i searched till my keyboard went on strike, read the stickies over and over and over again.

couldn't find, so i posted my question. the first reply:
    my reply:
    the reply:
    i'm like, wtf???

this coming from a low XX post member.

i just ignored and waited for another reply.

next reply:
    :mad:

devin, Apr 22, 2007 IP
    EGS likes this.
  5. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    I can't stand forums like that...every forum I run, that's the one thing I tell any mod that works at the forum...DO NOT close threads or be an ass to people when they ask questions...

if they do it like 3-4 times, then yes...we'll start being a little mean...but closing a thread for that reason is stupid...like you said...it's a FORUM..

I hate going to those forums where you are scared to post for fear of being flamed...IMHO that means the admins have really screwed that forum up

Stax_Daniel, Apr 22, 2007 IP
    EGS likes this.
  6. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly if they don't want duplicate questions or discussion, I'd suggest the damn forum to be converted into an article site.

I am abused and offended at that forum. :(
    Luckily, I have not paid for a premium membership there, and I was considering it. No way in hell they'll get my $ for the way they treat me.

EGS, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  7. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    we could always get a big group of people together to go post the same question hundreds of times :D

(ok...maybe not...but hey...it just popped into my head :eek: )

Stax_Daniel, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  8. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yes, I have seen that before. That would be awesome. :D:D

EGS, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  9. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    EGS, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  10. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    glad you found another forum to bring you what you need!!

Stax_Daniel, Apr 25, 2007 IP