1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free way to get lots of links!

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by catyack, Apr 12, 2007.

1. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your kind of right, as I mentioned, this blog is brand new, and it already has some indexed pages, which considering it has been live for like 2 weeks, thats pretty good.

I asked a question earlier in the forum about what pr does a site start at, nobody responded, maybe because they know that my reason for asking that was to prove a point. ALL SITES start at 0 - so I don't understand the people that only want the quick easy link, I mean I understand it, but I think if you invest some time and write a little about your sites, especially in numerous posts, then you are going to end up with a page that gets indexed and talks exactly about your site.

http://www.dunriteprinting.com is a pr4, and I didn't have to do too much to get it there, so I don't see it being that difficult to get this blog site to a higher pr fairly quickly.

I think people should understand, that if you create a blog, you should use it, just go in there and write a little bit about YOUR topic, if you have a website about cats and your linking to http://www.foolishcat.com then your articles should talk about cats - - even if you write one article every few days, you are building content, and it is specific to your niche, it is ideal.

Very important, write for people not search engines, if you only write to get search engines to index you, then that will hurt you in the long run. Google doesn't like keyword spamming and crap like that. Also, don't just post a bunch of links, that is pretty useless, but a great lead in to your site is good.

Also, since you have your own blog, give other people access to it, and have them write some articles for you about your topic.

I think a really good way is to create a a topic about the site as if you are a third party and do a review of your site. For example, for http://www.catyack.com I might say something like "I found this great site, they mostly sell items on Ebay, but they also have some fantastic articles about cats. Even though I am allergic to cats, I still love them, they are so soft and cute, and my son gets a real kick out of them, literally, 8 months old, he doesn't quite understand the concept of don't kick the kitty. Anyways, here is a pic I got from catyack.com it's regarding a cat getting a massage from another cat, it is co cute. Maybe they will posts some other pictures, if they do I will try to put a link here so everyone can enjoy them. That's it for now, let me know what you think of the site.

make sure you use good grammar and use a freaking spell checker, and make it something that someone might actually want to read. Above is not a great example, since I am just taking a few minute break from screen printing, but you get the idea.

catyack, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  2. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    So my uniques below are looking pretty good then? Considering the site went live, basically April 1st.

With all the new blogs started, I think it is going to get better fast, I have only released it to dp so far.

Day Number of visits Pages Hits Bandwidth
    01 Apr 2007 32 625 858 4.02 MB
    02 Apr 2007 54 920 2018 8.76 MB
    03 Apr 2007 47 906 1355 6.80 MB
    04 Apr 2007 23 2753 3988 27.04 MB
    05 Apr 2007 48 880 1200 9.71 MB
    06 Apr 2007 90 2066 3135 22.00 MB
    07 Apr 2007 128 2288 4104 103.21 MB
    08 Apr 2007 96 1291 1884 77.70 MB
    09 Apr 2007 89 727 881 6.41 MB
    10 Apr 2007 100 784 1489 13.82 MB
    11 Apr 2007 95 561 781 10.55 MB
    12 Apr 2007 120 1077 2297 13.02 MB
    13 Apr 2007 142 1405 2783 15.06 MB

catyack, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  3. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    just wanted to point out how quickly this will work. I noticed gfxwired created a blog and his site already got indexed - which means google followed the link in his only post directly to his site. If the people that created blogs wrote just 1 article ever few days, they would be getting extra crawls, which is really what its all about. Especially if you have numerous domains, just go in there and talk about the same topic as your domain. It's like a third party review of your site. The more information you put, the better chance you have. You should put a new article every few days. I mean come on, it takes like 5 minutes to create an account and write a full article. Is that not worth getting backlinks and getting indexed? Besides, when checkmyhead.com is getting crawled daily, don't you want your information to be included.

I wont tolerate just link farms from my server though, or keyword spamming, google ranks that stuff, and you need to write for the user not for google, just be real and be legit.

below is right from google, just copy and pasted.

"gfxwired.com
    Get your own free Blog right now at CheckMyHead.com ... Welcome to CheckMyHead.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging! ...
    gfxadmin.checkmyhead.com/ - 11k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this"

catyack, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  4. Pleb

Pleb Peon

Best Answers:
    So any evidence this is actually doing something for the targetted sites' PR? I can't see that it would do a whole lot since the source blog is at PR0. Unless you got the source blog ranking higher via Technorati / etc back-links I can't see it doing much.

I'm not saying this strategy will have _no_ effect, just not sure it's best use of time?

Pleb, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  5. Adeel-Chowdhry

Adeel-Chowdhry Peon

Best Answers:
    Forget about PR for the minute.

I say just start with getting traffic, even if you are using blogs with little or no PR.

A small river can turn into a gushing stream. This will in turn start building your site a reputation.

PR will increase with time. You can also link to higher PR sites as you go along.

ADEEL CHOWDHRY

Adeel-Chowdhry, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  6. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Finally, thank you. Someone who gets it.

I don't know why someone wouldn't take the few minutes to do this. I thought it was a good way, but people just keep saying because it is a pr0 that they are not going to get anything for it. Well, I am getting close to 200 visits a day now in less than a month, plus I get crawled fairly often. It's not like the site is going to stay a pr0 forever, why not ride the train in.

The thing is, what is it going to hurt? I just think there are so many people that are not willing to put in any time to succeed. If it ain't easy, they ain't doing it. Then you see them in another forum asking why they are getting any hits.

you create the blog, you write a couple of articles every once and a while, and you help the entire blog and it helps you.

You DON'T just throw up a bunch of links, because that just hurts everyone, you keep the outgoing links low.

Imagine you have a fishing site you want to promote. You create a blog separate from where your site is hosted and you talk about fishing stuff, and then you put just a few links to your sites.

catyack, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  7. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just curious about this because I'm new to wordpress mu:

Can the individual user (i.e. me) use a different theme, or will every blog at your site have the black/red theme?

MTbiker, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  8. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I thought about this for a while. You can easily setup wordpress mu to use themes, but since I wanted to control certain aspects of all the sites, I decided on just using one theme, for now anyways. If I use one theme, I can modify only a couple of files and update all the sites, like where my ads are placed and my most recent change a list on the right that shows the most recently added and updated sites at the top. If I get it setup the way I want, then I will add some more themes. When I first setup the site, I thought cool, I will add all these themes, I think I must have had 50 on there, but then I realized that meant I had to manually edit 50 templates every time I made a change:eek:

catyack, Apr 22, 2007 IP
    MTbiker likes this.
  9. cpucandy

cpucandy Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, forget about PR.

PR does not pay the bills, quality traffic does!!

cpucandy, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  10. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Too many PR0 links can hurt your linking efforts. I learned that the hard way :(

scart3r, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  11. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    can you explain?

I have noticed people say this a lot, but then I check and their sites have 7000 pr0 links and a pr2 or something.

It's all about traffic, and links, and the quality of the link. The quality of the link is determined by google and it is not based strictly on pr

catyack, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  12. Fret-Less

Fret-Less Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Adeel. just because a page is ranked PR0 now, it doesn't mean it will always be that way...

Fret-Less, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  13. KNEB

KNEB Peon

Best Answers:
    KNEB, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  14. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    catyack, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  15. mothproof

mothproof Banned

Best Answers:

it does look neater than having the suffix blogspot.
    but in terms of crawlability, blogspot is better since it is owned by google.

mothproof, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  16. Muneeb2Good

Muneeb2Good Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing the idea !

i will try it out soon

Muneeb2Good, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  17. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    You think google would show bias towards blogspot? Seems like they would try to not do that, but hey, I say create a blog there too!

I don't know who here created this one blog, but man, this is how it should be done, it looks really nice. I think it is a good start, if they add something even once a week, more the better, I think it is going to help. take a look at it http://mrblogrome.checkmyhead.com/

catyack, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  18. TheGrin

TheGrin Peon

Best Answers:
    at this point would be better just using blogger.com? for sure would be spidered by google sooner.

TheGrin, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  19. littlebobek

littlebobek Peon

Best Answers:
    I created one blog and I think that it really helped

littlebobek, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  20. gurusecrets

gurusecrets Peon

Best Answers:
    It can be handy to gain bloglink backlinks like this, i.e. for things like Technorati Backlinks.

It won't help your Technorati score much but it doesn't hurt either.

gurusecrets, Apr 30, 2007 IP