1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google IMAGE (duplicate) search

Discussion in 'Google' started by Cyrus255, Apr 21, 2007.

Is there any way, to find an image on google, by inputting it into software which then runs random queries till it gets it?

Like this software does on the hard disk
    http://visual-similarity-duplicate-image-finder.mindgems-inc.qarchive.org/

But instead with queries from google image search? It doesn't have to be random necessarily as I could wildcard it, but you get the idea.

I don't care if I'd have to leave it running for 3 months or more. I NEED it to find the exact replicate image and in so doing, I would find the site it's on.

If there is no software for it, is it possible to have someone develop it on the cheap?

Thanks in advance.

Cyrus255, Apr 21, 2007 IP
    heinlein99 likes this.
  2. Cyrus255

Cyrus255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What the heck, I recieved bad rep for that. It's not stupid.

I have software that will search my hard disk for visual replicates of the image. I just want one that will run queries on say, Google image, and find visual replicates.

It's not complicated, and there probably is one out there. I mean I know tons of people who could use this. Whether searching for a long lost friend, identifying a criminal, or just trying to find out who a person is.

Cyrus255, Apr 23, 2007 IP
    GTech likes this.
  3. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you check if there is something in the Google API?

infonote, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  4. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nop, I don't think that there is currently anything that does what your looking for, only if the filename was the same everywhere you could find it.

BigBadWolf, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  5. heinlein99

heinlein99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting question, Cyrus. I wouldn't mind having a piece of software like that myself.

Is there some reason you don't want everyone to know the specific image you're looking for? If not, let us know - there are a lot of clever people here who may be able to help. And me, too.

[Positive rep given. What the heck is green rep for, anyway? Meh.]

heinlein99, Apr 24, 2007 IP