1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thoughts on Cindy Sheehan (anti-Bush lady)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by zman, Aug 23, 2005.

1. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats about right- yes. Well, you can complain, but others can also say well you shouldnt have...

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    A) back in the day when ??? Martin Luther King's day ? The cotton trading days ? Emancipation proclamation ? When the original inhabitants owned and lived on the land (before us europeans stole it away) ? when madonna was number 1 for like a virgin ? when you kicked the english out? when the axis of evil was discovered? maybe vietnams days ? im looking for that time when the country was 'fine' - depends who you were born to huh?

B) The constitution was created to stop those in power abusing their powers fundementally. It has and needs to change. The UK has never had a written constitution. There is still less murder, ore freedom of speech (until recently - and why because everyone screams terrorist)

C) Your choice, I guess Im an abashed capitalist - I dont believe the world is ours to destroy as we do, but Im not going to wear vegan socks either.

Yeah, you do have the right to counter them, but I am SURE if they came to your rallies and protested you'd have a fit. - You are insighting trouble. Ps its a FLAG (infact they bought the flag, thereby funding the flag manufacturers, making patriots more money), when they spit on you, knock em out. To me a flag and a country are NOT the same thing at all.

It was a figure of speech.. Brittney probably gets death threats - whats your point ? "look at me Im standing up for what I believe in"

Yours (as are mine) are opinions. That sounds like the answer give by someone who doesnt actually want to confront an issue. btw your opinions *can* be 'invalid' (see A above) - most people I know call this kind of thing a 'debate' - if you want to just pick out 1 liners to respond to then as a politician you should know that people see straight through soundbites ;)

Design Agent, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  3. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    They may say I shouldnt have, but they will be sympathetic.

You have no sympathy if I crash a car and die, because I chose to drive it??

another *invalid* im afraid

excuse the double post ;)

4. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, thats a heavy post. I disagree with all of it. :p

I'm no politician, Ive got too many tattoos and an ugly face. I'll stick with being an activist, its more fun.

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  5. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    I ran across this movie about Iraq called "The Voices of Iraq" -- a documentary where the filmmakers handed out cameras to Iraqis, and then assembled a film out of what they had to say/shoot. It's very revealing, and I think it's a shame not a lot of people has seen it, much less even heard of it.

Look at it this way -- we ALL have opinions on Iraq, but are ANY of us Iraqis? Well, these people are. They're living there right now, and this is what they have to say. Don't take it from Michael Moore or George W. Bush or Cindy Sheehan. TAke it from the IRaqis.

Here's a review I found of it: http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2005/08/richard_reviews_voices_of_iraq.html#more

You can find out more about the film at it's official site here: http://www.voicesofiraq.com

toocoolforschool, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  6. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting. I havent heard about this flick yet. I may just pick up a copy.

Oh by the way, your link is a bit off there.

http://www.voicesofiraq.com

That one should work.

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  7. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    You sound like a politician - you just think 'activist' sounds cooler :p

Answer 1 question:

WHEN was it better back in the day ?

8. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    You may have a good point there but Im not sure Im willing to accept it just yet. :D

When I say better I am speaking of WAY back. When those men first sat down and decided they didnt want to pay too much in taxes, they didnt want to be told they were less than what they were. This was long before my time.

Sure times have changed, that is why we have amendments. ;)

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  9. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Only because your spirit will die if you believe you are a politician :p

What ??

Mexicans, native americans, afro americans, chinese, Irish - It was NOT better for them..

It sounds like you care about how it was for 'white' americans generally.. is that it?

10. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    gworld,

Thanks for the stats, but you're wrong. Casey didn't join the Army to get money to go to college. HEre's an article in the AP about him after he died:

"Sheehan was killed Sunday in a fire-fight outside Baghdad. Sheehan’s family members said his sergeant told them he and another soldier, Cpl. Forest J. Jostes, volunteered to be part of a quick response team when rioting started in Baghdad.

“He didn’t have to go,” said Sheehan’s 23-year-old sister, Carly. “He would do anything for anybody. He’d give you the shirt off his back. He was just a loving and caring person.”

Carly Sheehan said her brother was active in his Catholic church, spending 10 years as an altar server and serving in the youth ministry.

“That’s all he wanted to do was serve God and his country his whole life,” Carly Sheehan said. “He was a boy scout from age 6 or 7 and an Eagle Scout. It was kind of a natural progression to go into the military from that. He said he was enjoying the military because it was just like the boy scouts but they got guns.”

You can read the full link here: http://www.militarycity.com/valor/257123.html

toocoolforschool, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  11. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Only because I am more interested in building my student travel sites and starting my floating hostel business in Europe. Capitalism is my long term goal, not politics.

Not the race card. :rolleyes:

Seriously, the race card gets old. This has nothing to do with race and to bring that in is sad and desperate.

I was born in 1979, I had absolutly nothing to do with what happened in those times. I cant go back and change it so I strive to make the best of what I have today.

Since you are trying to derail the thread and move on to desperate tactics let's try and get back on topic shall we?

Cindy Sheehan, I disagree with her tactics. You on the other hand feel that that her being there letting the left wing groups use her sons death to promote a political agenda is ok.

I think her son did what he wanted to do, he faught for America and felt it was worth dying for. His mother felt the same way before Moore and Moveon came along.

Now her husband has filed for divorse, her mother is suffering from a stroke, and she is more miserable than she was a year ago.

I have shared my opinion and you have shared yours. Would you like to expand on that opinion or can you find it in yourself to agree to disagree? ;)

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  12. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry guys for pulling the old post up - but I was laughing about this one.

Flat world?? We are on a turtles back for pete's sake, didn't you know. (flat world is what them scientist who didn't listen to mohamad think)
    :eek:

debunked, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  13. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, I got a kick out of that one as well.

(Little off topic debunked, but did you ever hear back from that guy about the forum posts? I never got a reply.)

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The first line of my posting was that I don't know about his case but to answer why most people do it. If his death can be used to stop the death of other poor youngster who just joined so they can get out of the poverty and instead getting killed for commercial interest of few then may be his death will serve a purpose as he wished for.

gworld, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  15. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    To assume that is silly.

I scored high on the asvab and was ready to go into the AF as air traffic control only to find upon arrival at meps in Sacramento that I had a physical problem that would keep me out of the military.

I wasnt poor, I owned a window cleaning business at only 19 and would have given it up for my country.

My sister joined and went gladly, my little brother went through a hell of a basic in the winter in Chicago to join the Navy and he wasnt poor or desperate for anything.

G, dont try and make up shit to pretend everything conforms to your opinion.

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't assumed anything, look at the link, it is army's own material.

gworld, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  17. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    So you are going to insult the guy by saying he didnt go in for America? He didnt go in to protect freedom?

Why do you think the re-enlistment levels are at record highs? Why do you think people join the military knowing they very well could die for thier country? Im curious.

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  18. isaiasd2003

isaiasd2003 Guest

Best Answers:
    Man! I so wish I could put my adsense ad on my signature stuff or whatever. I'm guessing the big G. would call it spamming :(, but can't blame a dude for dreaming :D . Speaking of that, I'm getting sleepy zzzz

isaiasd2003, Aug 23, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  19. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Huh? :confused:

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  20. eiso

eiso Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel you should not discuss politics in a forum, always ends up in fights or making enemies.

eiso, Aug 23, 2005 IP