1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR4 - Online Shop Directory

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by Elwood, Apr 20, 2007.

hi folks,

this directory is for Online Stores ONLY!
    nicely designed affiliate stores are of course very welcome.

if you register on my site, you will have your own little microsite to present your company, PLUS you can show and add as many of your products you want with pictures and description. we have integrated a XML solution for those willing to upload a big number of products.
    shop owners/webmasters will of course receive clean direct backlinks to their main page as well as deeplinks to every single product listed, which you don't get from "normal" directories. every shop and product page has of course keyword URLs.

there are some more goodies, as you will be able to choose the title, description and even the keywords for every single one of your pages yourself - keyword spamming will get you banned!
    use propper title, description and keywords as this is what attracts people and search engines most.

all i ask for is a backlink!
    every shop gets his personalized backlink-code once registered and loged in. as we do have a ranking system on this new plattform, this code functions also as a counter, as unique visitors and pageviews are part of the ranking algorithm we use.
    your entry will go live as soon as your backlink is active.
    there is no way to buy your position, you can only earn it.this is a free service and will be free of charge for ever.
    therefore a footer link will of course bring better results for your ranking, but that's up to you, as long as the backlink is coming from your shops domain and contains the correct code.

the top 4 of each main category will have a link to their microsite from the main page plus there will be a 5th link from a random site to give everybody some kind of a chance.
    further more there will be 3 random products shown and linked on the main page.

some might say that this is just one more directory, but i say that it is something realy unique with many features you can't find anywhere else and with incredible potential and linkpower.
    at the moment we accept stores in english and german language. a spanish version is already planned and will be launched depending on demand.

sites and actions that are not welcome:
    * X-rated stuff and nudity of any kind ( lingery is fine if pictures are )
    * Ref-IDs in your descriptions or product links
    * racist or insulting content
    * keyword spamming

if you want to take a look or register right away, you can do that here: http://shopulate.com
    there is a little more information about my baby here: http://shopulate.com/why_register_/

the goal of this project is not to be just another backlink provider but to drive real traffic to the web shops in the near future.

any feedback from your side is of course very much appreciated.

greetz, elwood

Elwood, Apr 20, 2007 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  2. dumphead

dumphead Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great offer, we'll give it a try! Is there a fix limit of shops we are allowed to enter?

dumphead, Apr 21, 2007 IP
  3. wamchu

wamchu Peon

Best Answers:
    Your directory is empty, I sugest to make to popular, your remove the link back coment.

wamchu, Apr 21, 2007 IP
  4. Elwood

Elwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    @dumphead

of course you may register as many shops you want.
    you only need to open an account for every single online store.

@wamchu
    the diretory went public 2 days ago, no wonder that there just a few shops registered.
    the reason i ask for a backlink is that this is a high quality directory, offering many unique features and an unlimited number of backlinks the the shop owners product pages.

greetz elwood

Elwood, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  5. donttrustthisposter

donttrustthisposter Peon

Best Answers:
    I honestly don't think you'll get to where you want to be with the link back. I filled out the application/etc taking a bit of time as I really liked the idea and format, but the link back killed it for me, the lengthy registration almost did.

Great idea, but it's not going to get anywhere with a recip mandatory option IMHO. Paid after some PR and/or traffic would go a lot farther.

donttrustthisposter, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  6. Elwood

Elwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    @donttrustthisposter

the backlink might be a problem for the one or the other shop owner, but I forgot to mention that the backlink code actually contains to links, one to the shopulate mainpage and the other pointing to the shops microsite.
    this is to give direct linkpower to the subpages.
    plus the backlink is a counter too, that is part of my ranking system.

backlinks are not very popular but they make sense in this case.
    there is a similar project in germany that gained tremedous linkpower in very short time and the linkpages are ranking great.

the same is already happending with my project. my own stores subpages are ranking on page 1 and 2 after a couple of month.

once again, this is no fun directory like most of the others, this is a serious custom built project with a powerfull backend, and I spent serious money to have all the functions I wanted and that make sense.

what I will accept if there is no other way, is a link from a third party page with PR 1+!
    just send a mail to support, and I will accept that.

greetz elwood

Elwood, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  7. Innuendo

Innuendo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Elwood,

do you also accept shops without any english content? I have 2 shops with english content, but also some without any english content.

The idea is awesome, especially the possibilty of the import of a list of all my products. I will give it a try for one shop, which isn't really good listed in yahoo and google.

The backlink... hm... maybe it's fair if your directory is skyrocking...

Innuendo

Innuendo, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  8. Elwood

Elwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Innuendo

please just go ahead and register any shop you have.
    we will find a nice place for it. ;-)

and thx for your kind words, we invested quite some resources, money and time in this project.
    at the latest when store owners recognize the value of having backlinks even to their product pages, the whole thing will be "skyrocking" as you called it.

greetz elwood

Elwood, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  9. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Having some trouble reading some of your sites.. the descriptions of some of your sites trail all the way to the right of your site overlaying some other content.

daones, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  10. Elwood

Elwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    @daones

could you tell me on which pages this error occurs and which browser you are using.
    we can't reproduce that problem on none of our machines.

greetz elwood

Elwood, May 1, 2007 IP
  11. Elwood

Elwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    little update concerning the recent google update! :)

all shop main pages that were indexed in time, received a strong PR3!

greetz elwood

Elwood, May 2, 2007 IP
  12. dumphead

dumphead Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really appreciate that service, keep it up!

dumphead, Jun 10, 2007 IP