1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting unbanned

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by SERPalert, Aug 23, 2005.

SERPalert, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  2. seodelhi

seodelhi Active Member

Best Answers:
  3. PKwok

PKwok Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you know if a website is banned by Yahoo? I know for Google you look at the PR bar...if it's grey then the site is banned. How about Yahoo?

Thank!

PKwok, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  4. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I look for how many pages are indexed. If they show only the home page to be indexed then something is up.

Web Gazelle, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  5. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
  6. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    Dude, DP has over 200,000 pages indexed in Yahoo. I don't think they are banned.

7. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    not banned, per say, because yahoo wants to keep the # of pages in the index high, but like one of my sites, it does not show up for any search.

lorien1973, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  8. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    It doesn't show up in the search results because too many black hats are dominating the top positions. :rolleyes:

9. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have several sites in the same situation. All the sites are indexed (main site have 300,000+ pages indexed in Yahoo), but no SERP results... what good are sites indexed, but no traffic!? I think I get 3 visits from Yahoo a day. It use to be 500 visits per day from Yahoo on the main site.

No SERP = NO Traffic = "banned"!

maha, Aug 23, 2005 IP
    hurricane_sh likes this.
  10. jamjv

jamjv Peon

Best Answers:
    Banned or filtered? I have several sites that don't rank in yahoo but have all the pages indexed and gets spidered on a regular basis. These are not banned they are filtered.

jamjv, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  11. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok but whatever it is, how does one undo it. Guess that's the million dollar question?

12. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    How does one undo what?? Not showing up when people do a search? Well, do some seo on your site and try to get it ranked higher, there isn't anything to "undo", it is just that you are burried in the serps.

fryman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  13. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont see a way of undoing it... This happened to dp a while ago (from my recollection)..

If this is the way they deal with it, they will never really increase market share..

Yahoo, Ban me so I can legitmately complain ;)

Because even if I spammed dp with 000000000000000 links, its shouldnt be banned..... but dp already is, therefore yahoo is producing inaccurate results..websites are not built for search engines, search engines are built for websites...

So, as a search engine you 'should' include everything - regardless of spam (like google). If I type in digitalpoint - then NO site should rank higher than "Digitalpoint". Spam or otherwise - seems that google understands this...
    If yahoo IS actually banning a site that is 'making links' then they will just lose.

As a 'normal' visitor, if I type in "kodak" then I want to see "Kodak" - regardless of how hard "kodak" tried to spam the index. Ask any 'normal person' what they expect when they type in 'digitalpoint forums' - of which dp is not listed in the top 10.
    To me this says "YAHOO IS BROKEN" not dp AT ALL!

So, it seems Google realised this, but Yahoo is trying to tighten up on linking schemes... beyond a joke. The fact that G Bush STILL actually ranks for failure is a sign of a GOOD search engine NOT bad..

Design Agent, Aug 23, 2005 IP
    hurricane_sh likes this.
  14. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    I predict a hard fall for Yahoo in the near future. Ask Jeeves and AOL search will be used more than Yahoo. :D

Web Gazelle, Aug 24, 2005 IP
  15. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could be:rolleyes:cool:

Arnie, Aug 24, 2005 IP
  16. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Jeeves doesn't even use Ask Jeeves.

aeiouy, Aug 24, 2005 IP
  17. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. As long as not in the SERPS, no matter how many pages are indexed, it's as bad as "banned". I have three sites like this, all of them only have unique content!

hurricane_sh, Aug 24, 2005 IP
  18. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably no way. I removed all those links and waiting. If Yahoo dominate your traffic, using a new domain might be a solution.

hurricane_sh, Aug 24, 2005 IP
  19. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only way from what I've heard is if you know someone who works at Yahoo. A guy has his websites unbanned from Yahoo after he called his buddy at Yahoo. Otherwise, I've never heard of any site unbanned...

maha, Aug 24, 2005 IP
  20. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    This cannot be undone in most cases. There are some blackhat solutions such as mirroring a modified Yahoo friendly version of banned site and only allow 'slurp' in and don't allow 'Gbot' in (to avoid dup penalty). Myself, I've said it before I don't believe in black and white hat. If Yahoo bans your site from serps yet keeps your pages to boost the most robust index THAT'S BLACK HAT!!

If you wish to try to get back in you can try to do so here. I have tried 6 times and receive the same canned email every time.
    Ya, Ya alright already!

So because you see many pages using the site: command it doesn't mean your pages are being served up in serps. The best way to tell if Yahoo has issues with your domain is enter just the domain name (nothing else). This query should almost always produce your domain #1 or pretty close to the top. Like this.:mad: All my domains that are banned are exactly like this. The ones that aren't yield the correct result.

You can also try this link, where you may find the solution.

Good Luck

Homer, Aug 24, 2005 IP