1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Age?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Dash-2, Aug 23, 2005.

Hey guys, hopefully you can help me!

When applying for Adsense, they also deny it and say that its because of "Minimum age requirement"

How do they know this information?

Thanks!

Dash-2, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Ouer.. maybe that's because you gave them your date of birth? :)

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  3. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Because they ask you for your birthday or other information that would reveal your birthday?

Please don't even try to get around it and get in. Most of the failed adsense publishers have been younger. Just let it go and wait until you get a bit older... Say 25 or so. :)

aeiouy, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  4. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    19 is the magic number.

A year in college is what set me absolutely straight. This is serious shit, to be bluntly honest, and you have to start acting like a professional and less like a baby.

david_sakh, Aug 23, 2005 IP
    Liminal likes this.
  5. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm 16 I reg'd with my father's info, and I got in.

exaro, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  6. programmer

programmer Guest

Best Answers:
    very sharp mind u have

programmer, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  7. 1-script.com

1-script.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just don't tell that to IRS.

1-script.com, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  8. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Just want to give some of you younger folks a bit of advice.. There is a reason why most of the people we see banned from adsense are kids... And it is a shame too, because it is a fairly long-term and potentially permanent exclusion.

As someone who was once young, I realize that it is not always possible to take everything as seriously as you should. You lack perspective, so it is easy to push the boundaries a bit and do something that crosses the line. While you may feel it was nearly harmless it will still impact you.

So unless you are super-cognizant and really serious about what you are doing with adsense, I suggest you stay away from it. I would probably recommend it for that 1 in a million teenager who is just wise and mature beyond their years. As for the rest of us, it is a bad idea.

I started my first online business when I was a teenager, but it was long before anyone was regularly using the internet for such things. If anything remotely like adsense existed, I probably would have gotten banned myself.

So my advice is this.. stick with other more forgiving and less permanent sources of revenue stream for yourself and your sites. Take it slow and treat it as a learning process. If you really establish something worthwhile and long-term than you can look to capitalize on it with adsense.

aeiouy, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  9. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess because I'm less than 18 years old, it's assumed that I'm going to sit at home and click my own ads until I recieve my first check.

First of all, the owner of the account must be of age, not the person who owns a site that displays their ad, as I brought up before.

And I have put a lot of work into my sites, and take my businees seriously. If there is anyone on this forum who has seen my work, or worked with me, and thinks I've been immature, then please let me know. So far I believe I've played by the rules.

exaro, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  10. Dash-2

Dash-2 Peon

Best Answers:
    aeiouy, I think you under estimate teenagers in some since, just my opinion, I could run a bussnies as I have tons of Computer/Internet expericnce, just not with Clicksor..

As for the age thing. I never had to put my age in, and I just check the form again and all it says is, under the payee name, you must be 18. I understand that and that I am not supposed to sign up, but I want to know how they know my real age when I never told them.. do they look it up in a government database?

Dash-2, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    It has nothing to do with under-estimating teenagers. It is just a reality that teenagers tend to have some major defects that prevent them from being all they can be... They tend to make more mistakes, place less value on the consequences of their actions and a whole host of other things.

I know you don't believe me now. I didn't believe me when I was younger either. Check back with me in 15 years and see if I wasn't right. I don't expect you to believe me, that is one of the problems. :)

aeiouy, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  12. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    The above is why teenagers are not allowed adsense. I've had bad posts too but when defending yourself atleast sound like an intelligent teenager. I too am under age but keep my best to keep it on the "DL" as us teenagers would say so people treat me how they would treat any other person in this business. I'd like to not having to worry about working during college as hopefully my sites can give me a little support, but as I'm sure I'll learn a ton in college I too have learn a ton already about internet business.

mizt, Aug 23, 2005 IP
    exaro likes this.
  13. Dash-2

Dash-2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Normamly I do, that was a rushed post.

And aeiouy, I believe you, I am just saying not all billion teenagers make more mistakes, etc.

Anybody have an idea about the age issue with google?

Dash-2, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  14. Dash-2

Dash-2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I'm glad someone was helpful.
    [/sarcasm]

Sorry for the double post.

Dash-2, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  15. chris20492002

chris20492002 Guest

Best Answers:
    I got in awile ago when I was 17 i think :?

how old are you BTW?

chris20492002, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  16. Dash-2

Dash-2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am 18 now.
    When I posted this thread I was 17,
    and I couldn't figure out how Google knew that.
    They don't ask for your birthday when signing up for AdSense...

Dash-2, Feb 9, 2007 IP