1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

color of ads... different opinions?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by killafawk, Apr 19, 2007.

I hear people say that its best to blend in the ads so that it will come off as text. But i hear other people say that you should make them stand out so they catch peoples eye.

So far the second option has been really good to me. My blog had ads that blended in with the text and i din't get any clicks. Next thing you know i changed them to orange and the first day i had like 5 clicks. nothing big but its still improvement over nothing.

So whats the deal? blend the ads or make them stick out?

killafawk, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  2. lowco2525

lowco2525 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If sticking them out is working for you, than continue with that.
    Sometimes it just depends on the website to decide whether to stick out or blend.

lowco2525, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  3. fallen1

fallen1 Peon

Best Answers:
    the link title has to be different in color than your links for people to recognize them as links, i never heard that blending the link title color with your text is any good...but the text under your link title and the url is better to have them blend with your text color...

fallen1, Apr 19, 2007 IP
    8everything likes this.
  4. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Blending is the best! It should match with your site's color scheme.. you can make them stick out a bit but make sure you can blend it with another less significant object in your site (so it doesn't take up all of the attention)

8everything, Apr 19, 2007 IP