1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Now that Paypal said yes...

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by devin, Apr 18, 2007.

i filed a claim for a service not rendered (for those of you in the know, it's for the $600 that i lost).

today paypal has this to say:
    should i go to my bank now or wait for paypal to give me more information? i know they will limit your account if you do a chargeback without first going through them.

in my Resolution Center, it is listed as 'open cases', while in the details it says "case closed". =/

devin, Apr 18, 2007 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  2. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're crazy. I'd do a chargeback and never waste my time with PayPal. :rolleyes:
    I've been out thousands because of PayPal. Don't let the sellers get over you, and certainly don't let PayPal take their time. Take action immediately.

EGS, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I would think that waiting would be the best option. Do a chargeback if you never want to deal with Paypal again.

Paypal is not the one who took the money but the seller was the one which did so. You cannot penalize Paypal for this.

eddy2099, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  4. jenrey

jenrey Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with EGS. Don't waste time and document everything so that if your bank trips you have documentation and are covering yourself. Try out Google's new merchant services. I've heard good things about them. I just recently got approved for my own merchant account through Authorize.net and let me tell you what a good feeling that is. Make sure you don't give up and get what is rightfully yours. Put the pressure and call PayPal. I've had to call them in the past and they were pretty friendly to me.

jenrey, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  5. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well... I'd say you'll never get anything back. Paypal is a creep on this. You lost your money buddy.

Yfcadmin, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  6. webster13045

webster13045 Peon

Best Answers:
    well at least they are trying to refund you i lost $900 waited a month for them to tell me i wasn't entitled to a refund even though i never got the item

webster13045, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  7. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the experienced this before. Wait for few more days and the Open cases will be removed.

Sorry don't know what really happen, may I know who is involved here?(Pm me the name so that I could avoid him/her) or just post it here. Thanks!

Bondat, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  8. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with EGS! If you don't take action immediately- time runs out on such claims. Do a chargeback.

FOX LORE, Apr 18, 2007 IP
    inworx likes this.
  9. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Just wait for at least 100 years and then you'll get your money back:)

PayPal's fraud protection service is the WORST OF WORST in the world. EVen if I'd start a processor, that'd be more protected than PayPal's

inworx, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  10. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    looks like i'll be going to the bank tmr then.

just as insurance, what other alternatives for paypal besides 2CO?

if you have 2 hours to spare, head over here. after you're done with that, if you have energy left, more over here.

devin, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  11. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    I know the drama happen there. I thought lot of his clients got the refund already? Because I saw him posting another money making scheme after this thread. Well I hope you will get your $600 back. Goodluck! :)

Bondat, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  12. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    the one who opted out early got thier refunds. the ones who stayed back after 30 days (giving him more chance) got screwed.

the ones he posted after that were for those clients who 'threatened' him, but now no one is threatening him anymore, so he disappeared. he practically gave up. even called someone pathetic for wanting her money back.

filed report with FBI, FTC and IC3. Forwarded a copy to the PD in his county.

To sue him might take more money that what he owes us. :(

devin, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  13. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    IC, Well what can I say.. I just wish everyone will get their refund and praying for Oliver that he won't suffer(bad karma) that much because of this problem he gave to DP members. I have actually read Pammer's post and he told there on Oliver's forum that he badly need the money for him to continue his study. And if he won't get the money he will stop from studying. I hope Oliver's listening to this public announcement. Goodluck to all! God Bless!

Bondat, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  14. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    I would think that he would never fund his paypal account again...
    Paypal is not very trustworthy when it comes to settling disputes.

ReadyToGo, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  15. sukantab

sukantab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't wait wiith paypal... Their dispute handling is very bad. Go straight away with the chargeback.

sukantab, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  16. Your Content

Your Content Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes go ahead with Google and tomorrow you will be facing the same problem because Google isn't a bank service either, and even worst very limited at this time.

Take action passing on to your bank all documents to process a chargeback

Your Content, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  17. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    egold is the best way to go. No chargebacks and nothing. But there is no buyer protection so pay only the trusted members. Talking about disputes ... I dont think anyone ( paypal, neteller, MB, Google) can handle it... they all have enjoying it... And the buyer is Fucked up. No one cares so the chargebacks are pathetic. Even I did a job for someone and that guy chargeback the other night paypal simply did a reversal ($450). I lost all my efforts ... That's the reason why egold is best coz no chargeback. also when you go for big deals try to confirm the guys address and phone contact. Or you'll end up like this.

Talking about oliver ... I had a hunch that something wrong was going on.. he'she was a bit too fast for the deals and working over clients than can handle. It was like a money hungry monster. I would say never jump to anything like this. Devin had his lesson. I too had one which cost me $450.

I feel sorry about your condition Devin. Instead of waiting for paypal ... I'd say you take private action. Dont wait for paypal... they will do nothing. I know in many of the cases the cas is handle by a single paypal agent. And the result is pre developed one. I am happy that you have contacted FBI and other things.

Yfcadmin, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  18. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    go for it, get a chargeback and act immidiately. waiting never helps in these cases, $600 is a lot big ammount to be wasted!

uttoransen, Apr 19, 2007 IP