1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Show Off your Cj.com Website.

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by sundaybrew, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webfu

Webfu Peon

Best Answers:
    Check this one out - All Cj Products - Handmade, one page at a time my Reef Flip Flops website does pretty well every spring/summer with Cj's advertisers for the last four years.

My advice to anyone not doing well with CJ or affiliate marketing is to find a niche(s), build links, update content and stick with it for a couple years.

Webfu, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  2. Ronsuave87

Ronsuave87 Peon

Best Answers:
    So looking through this thread, my mind is loaded with ideas.

Bah... Booo for midterms being this week! College is fun, but too much work.

Can't wait until summer break! :)

Any other longhorns out there?

Ronsuave87, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  3. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice. Do you update the products by hand? Or do you use CJ Web service to populate the categories? I've been thinking about building a complete CJ Store, but not sure how to stay up2date with products being removed and added, etc.

Any ideas?

hanji

hanji, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  4. TextbookSwapShop

TextbookSwapShop Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice site you got there. One question: how do you promote your site?

TextbookSwapShop, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  5. tkroll

tkroll Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice site, Webfu. Do you surf?

Can you tell us more about your site? I'm curious about complete storefronts that lead to affiliate storefronts. How is the conversion with two different product pages?

Ty

tkroll, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  6. askax

askax Peon

Best Answers:
    Phillnet: thats pretty cool I love the design

Kaediem: adwords should be good, get some different ads for tickets and dvds

askax, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  7. Webfu

Webfu Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a seasonal website with only about 60 products so yes, I update the website and purchasing links by hand.

Theres only a couple categories so for me its pointless to try to automate this website. I am in the process of converting the back end over to Wordpress but even then, I will still be building the products by hand instead of using datafeeds. Even better is do all the copywriting myself, {pretty easy to do with sandals} <> Instead of using the descriptions from the advertisers, this makes my pages more unique....

If your thinking about building a complete Cj store, I would advise shooting for a store with a theme. Candle Store or, Lamp Store, Clock Store, Credit Card Loans, Etc.. Don't try to build your own version of Target. Shoot for a specific niche instead thats more focused on a category instead of hundreds of categories and then your more likely to succeed. I see this to be the most consistent recipe for affiliate marketing with products on the web.

Webfu, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  8. Webfu

Webfu Peon

Best Answers:
    I promote it by getting it ranked in the SE's for related terms. For the last several years its been all over the first pages of MSN, G, & Yahoo! Been dropped for 6 or months or so, but then back again. It teeters as the algo's change. I've experiemented with different types of cloaking in an effort to avoid the qksrv.net or cj affiliate link repercussions. Affiliate sites with a lot of Cj links don't seem to be doing so hot in the SERPS. I try to limit my pages to 1 affiliate out bound link per product page. Over kill? Maybe, but it stays ranked pretty well.

--------> Hey Ty I do surf. Heading to the Nicoya Peninusula of Costa Rica for the first time in May to go get my shred on.

As far as conversion goes... The conversion when people go from the publisher site to the advertiser varies. Im sure I loose a fair amont of people at that point, but it doesn't matter as long as they have their cookies enabled and I get a sale right? Judging by the checks it brings in 4 or 5 months out of the year I'd say it still converts pretty good. I put a portion of that back into link building to keep it ranked. It takes money to make money...

Webfu, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  9. Kaediem

Kaediem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know the feeling! I'm going through what I had hoped would last me at least a week or so, or at least result in some sales but I'm getting clicks on my ads, clicks through to cj/ebay but no sales.

The sad part is that I'm hearing now that ebay is having problems so I'm not even sure if some of them were sales or not!

Maybe I'll pause the ad's until ebay has their stuff together to be sure.

The other thing I was thinking about is when people do online shopping? I do mine at night so if "i" am normal, should I only run the ads through the afternoon/evening instead of all day.

It really sucks not knowing if I'm loosing the ebay stuff though - hard to test anything.

Lisa

Kaediem, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  10. Quicksilver

Quicksilver Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey kaediem, I would suggest getting rid of your adsense ads on the top of your site. Its considered a leak and may be leading some of your potential traffic off of your site. If your focusing more on getting sales from your affiliate offers this is what I would do. Hope this helps.

Quicksilver, Apr 17, 2007 IP
    Kaediem likes this.
  11. Kaediem

Best Answers:
    Thanks quicksilver - you're right, I'm going to get rid of them but it's one of the methods I use to help get a site indexed more quickly. I can definitely make them less obvious.

I've had 2 clicks on my adsense.

Lisa

Kaediem, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  12. gringo

gringo Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice, looks very profitable.

How are you promoting it?

gringo, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  13. Kaediem

Best Answers:
    Who are you asking?

Lisa

Kaediem, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  14. nevocsolutions

nevocsolutions Guest

Best Answers:
    nevocsolutions, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  15. mactep

mactep Active Member

Best Answers:
    mactep, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  16. stuph

stuph Peon

Best Answers:
    Webfu, I really like the look of your store. I live on the beach and the colors are really appealing, instead of the common pink coral and misty blue colors you typically see.
    Makes me rethink my new data feed site, (in my signature A-Z software) building unique content with the type of feed I have is impossible, or it feels that way, unless I put it at the bottom of the listings?
    I bookmarked your page by the way, can always use new Sandals!

stuph, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  17. primeryder

primeryder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mine is http://herbsr4u.com and it focuses on health and nutritional type products such as Goji Juice, etc

primeryder, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  18. stuph

stuph Peon

Best Answers:
    W should exchange links!

Everyone got me going today...so here is my Second attempt Using a script I found with some manipulation of course. http://stuphuwant.com/wellness/

What should I do with the front page though? Just a few pics and some content I guess?

TIA

stuph, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  19. kemkeris

kemkeris Peon

Best Answers:
    kemkeris, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  20. Serg

Serg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This was the first store I built using BANS:

www.toybrickstore.com

I am awaiting the next release of BANS before I build any others.

Serg, Apr 23, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.