1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why be afraid of google???

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by superrichguy, Apr 17, 2007.

I think we shouldnt have to be so scared of google....yes they may be taking over the world but maybe we can put them in their place. I think if all of the websites running adsense switches over to another ppc company google will feel the hurt and maybe wise up that we are the ones making them the money!! Without us what would they do?
    Maybe everyone should organize a date, a 3 day strike or something to show them we are in control and not them!

BTW: If you notice I dont use adsense I was banned for being "related" to a site that was banned. ( i bought a website off someone, only thing i can think of)

Jason

superrichguy, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  2. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe that someone had the same IP or address as you ?

login, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  3. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    :D

ThisBuzz, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  4. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if this is the case they wont tell me...its a secret they say

5. 0lgi

0lgi Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They have more than 5 million publishers , do you think its possible to organize such a big event :) ?

0lgi, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  6. superrichguy

Best Answers:
    I think it could be possible....I mean they have the million man march.....I think it could be done...its just 4 million more people to go. I know not everyone will do this but if enough people do it, im sure they would feel it.
    I have friends with Fox News that could maybe get it started....

7. ottodo

ottodo Guest

Best Answers:
    really :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    this is first time I heard about this number

ottodo, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  8. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Adpubster, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  9. superrichguy

Best Answers:
    Thanks I missed that one....I read some comments, and it seems that people are still too afraid to do this.....One comment was something like "biting the hand that feeds you" well if that hand doesnt feed you the right amount daily then yes you will get bit....

10. lokotex

lokotex Peon

Best Answers:
    :) very funny ,

lokotex, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  11. kamchatka

kamchatka Guest

Best Answers:
    Biting the hands that feed you ???? ,

Google and all our websites have what they call a symbiotic relationship. Do you think google will exist without indexing and storing our web pages, that is their mainstay, our webpages in their databases.

No not even Adwords can save them if they lose all the pages in the index, so for an instant lets say, everybody stops or denies google bot from indexing their pages, within months the behemoth will crumble.

So we let google create a giant searc endex from third party content and they in turn sends us the visitors to monetize our websites.

So, google is not feeding us and we are not feeding them. We are grazing together :D

kamchatka, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  12. superrichguy

Best Answers:
    But google isnt the only search engine...there are tons of them...small and big. I get traffic from all of them...When I do searches on google now adays I get "a b o u t m e.com" pages.....I dont like going to that site....I get better results with yahoo search...

13. kamchatka

kamchatka Guest

Best Answers:
    I know google is not the only search engine, I too get a substantial portion of my traffic from yahoo and msn, but more and more people are using google to search.

Another disturbing trend that I have noticed is adsense doesnt pay much if the visitors are coming from yahoo and msn. May be I am reading too much into my stats, i dunno, do you notice that too ?

kamchatka, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  14. danbradster

danbradster Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't imagine you could organize more than 0.1% of publishers to strike....

You say you have a contact at fox but why would they do a story that only 0.1% of the population can relate to? Nobody else would be interested in watching.

(and yes, the two 0.1%'s were unrelated)

danbradster, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  15. shutzu

shutzu Active Member

Best Answers:
    probably when people will be able to get cured of AIDS (or any other incurable disease) they'll also be able to get rid of Google, Windows and Internet Explorer

EDIT: and Yahoo Messenger

shutzu, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  16. superrichguy

Best Answers:
    They have done worse storys...haha...They would do a story on paint drying if they thought 10 people would watch....

17. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would take more then 10, but 10 people could certainly get this thing going...assuming at least one of those 10 had enough smarts to properly write up a proposal ;) The other 9 would just need to tag it into every social bookmarking site out there...it would certainly gain momentum, and if that momentum knocked on the correct doors, it certainly could get a story on Fox News.

People WILL watch anything by the way, and I mean anything...I used to work at a plant that had a TV in the breakroom that would play mindwashing commercials about the company. The employees ate it up while eating their lunch. Now and again the channel would be down and it would have those strange colored bars up...they would intently watch that as well. So I know they'd watch a segment by Katie Couric on how Google is 'teh eval'.

Qryztufre, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  18. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If your entire income depends on Google, I would say you have good reason to be scared of them. I would also say that you have very good reason to begin diversifying your online income.

checksum, Apr 17, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.