1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not banned, but had money deducted

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by renteror, Apr 16, 2007.

1. renteror

renteror Peon

Best Answers:
    :eek: Excuse me??!!

I have not defrauded Google in any way shape or form. I have always conducted my business properly. There have been bot attacks on my site. So to use your example, it's like somebody else stealing.

I have not breached their TOS, so I SHOULD NOT be satisfied.

This money was earned in the normal way an adsense publisher earns, and I find it offensive that you accuse me of fraud.

renteror, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  2. renteror

renteror Peon

Best Answers:
    It took about 2 days for them to respond.

3. 0lgi

0lgi Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello weeman !

What happened to you its not fair , but they are the boss so we cant fight against them , they are powerful , they have the cash , they own the internet so what i suggest you is try to shut their mouths with good work , become a great webmaster and try to earn 10k $ per month , maybe even more !

I think you have a good reason why you should fight against them and this reason i hope it will give you power to become a great webmaster and great earner !

Thanks

Olgi

0lgi, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  4. paulocon

paulocon Peon

Best Answers:
    weeman,

best of luck with that by the way and let us know how you got on...

as for the poster who said what happened was right because you are guilty of fraud, what an utterly ridiculous statement to make..

The problem is that you can conduct you business perfectly but something outside your control can cause fraud on your account. The onus HAS to be on Google to prove fraud - god knows, hey have the tools and power to do so..

People saying you are lucky need to have a good hard think - where else in life would this behaviour be acceptable. To me, it's the actions of a monopoly and it'll be interesting to see what happens when more players come to the table..

paulocon, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  5. renteror

renteror Peon

Best Answers:
    I am glad you agree. Google is abusing their monopoly position and hopefully the new competitors will change that. But really, should we have to wait till Google's profitability is under threat to see a change to the quality of our service?

I fulfilled my end of the bargain with Google. I provide visitors to the advertisers sites, then Google's pays me for that. In this instance Google has decided I don't deserve my money. It's like going into a restaurant paying from your meal, then the chef deciding he will take it back and asking you to move along quietly.

I have just replied to Google, expressing my feelings.

6. Timby

Timby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow mate that is devistating. I really hope you can get your money back somehow!

Timby, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  7. Caveman

Caveman Peon

Best Answers:
    What we are talking about are non-human (bot) clicks. This is not what you are being paid to provide to google's advertisers.

I don't believe you do deserve the money for non-human clicks. The point is the advertisers that paid for these clicks didn't get what they paid for. Your analagy of the restraurant fits this pretty well. Are you saying the advertisers should just bite the bullet, pay up and move along quietly?

Caveman, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  8. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think everyone should ban google themselves...everyone do a walk off use adbrite for a few days until google apologizes...we should be the ones in control not them...we are making them money not them!!!
    But then again, i was banned from them for being "related" to and account that was banned.....what that means I have no clue, i bought a website off someone that said he was banned for invalid clicks but I didnt think it would carry to me....

superrichguy, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  9. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Look at it this way:
    You got paid for invalid clicks that you should not have been credited for in the first place. The money was never yours in the first place. So you have actually not lost anything.

login, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  10. sukantab

sukantab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right. It doesn't matter who did the invalid clicks. It seems you didn't or else google would have banned your account.
    So there were some invalid clicks by some people - most probably intentionally.
    Your account was credited from advertisers money and due to invalid clicks they were refunded the money paid due to invalid clicks.
    Again, You are very lucky that they didn't ban you. It happened to a lot of people....

sukantab, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  11. paulocon

paulocon Peon

Best Answers:
    surely the point is that ALL his money was retained by Google - i.e. he had 100% invalid clicks for the month of March.

Now, it's clear that the clicks came from a third party.

SURELY the onus is on Google to prove invalid clicks - fair enough, they should then credit the amount spent on invalid clicks back to the advertiser BUT to take ALL the money is incredible.

Like I said, once their are people here saying 'Be glad you are not banned', this will continue. WHY should someone be banned for activity that is not related to them? It just doesn't make sense. It's like banned from driving because someone stole your car and was caught drink-driving!!!

paulocon, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  12. Caveman

Caveman Peon

Best Answers:
    It all goes back to the TOS which every publisher agrees to when they sign up for adsense. You basically sign away any rights you may have with regards to google. They can pretty much do whatever they want after that. They can ban you for no reason, remove your earnings and credit them back to the advertisers etc. and you don't have any recourse because of the TOS you agreed to.

Also, if your account was flagged for these bot clicks and audited, I would imagine they could/would go back several months and review all your clicks and credit back to advertisers for previous months. This may explaine why some people lost a whole months worth of earnings. This is only speculation on my part as I don't work for google, but it would make the most sense with regards to the current situation.

Caveman, Apr 17, 2007 IP
    GTech likes this.
  13. danbradster

danbradster Peon

Best Answers:
    It's more like finding $1000 on the street then the police confiscating it and you're lucky you weren't arrested for not telling them about it.

Was this your first month with high earnings? If it only became high last month then it's obvious it's invalid clicks so why should you be payed for invalid clicks?

Imagine you are the advertiser - you paid $1000 to receive 10,000 interested visitors but actually you got the same person visit you 10,000 times. Would you want to cough up $1000 for that?

danbradster, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  14. renteror

renteror Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree I shouldn't be credited for invalid clicks, I never expected to be paid for it. I don't want click fraud money to be honest. In an effective system Google would delete that money as it went along. I have been an adwords advertiser, so don't think I have a one sided opinion.

And the finding the money on the street analogy is awful. I didn't just 'find' this money. I worked for the money, I built the sites, I maintained the sites, I advertised the sites, I worked to Google's TOS, I provided Google advertisers with humans that were interested in what they were advertising. I worked for that money, it wasn't just 'found'.

A few invalid clicks were credited to my account. I never encouraged it, i didn't want it. How am I suppose to control this? Google won't even give mne information that I can use to avoid this. If I had IPs I could block them, and I would.

The point is, Google took back invalid credit which I am fine about, BUT they also took my valid credit which I worked for. That is the bit that P's me off.

15. SteveAR

SteveAR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to avoid this wait until theres an update on the proxy.org issue.

SteveAR, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  16. renteror

renteror Peon

Best Answers:
  17. SteveAR

Best Answers:
    SteveAR, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  18. renteror

renteror Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops forgot to check the date :rolleyes:

This thread however isn't about the proxy issue, it's about the adsense issue, so I still think that thread is relevant.

19. SteveAR

Best Answers:
    but didnt the issue come from proxy sites? accounts are being banned cause of the bots atacking proxies. so its both if you ask me. the script that was made is meant to read the google code. the target was proxy.org . so isnt that proxy relevant?

cause sites not listed on proxy.org havent been affected. thats what ive read and researched myself.

SteveAR, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  20. stevenfullman

stevenfullman Banned

Best Answers:
    OK - Here's my un-asked for opinion.

Everyone, EVERYONE who says that weeman212 should be grateful he didn't get banned from adsense is nothing more than a *google sycophant* - this is a company that has just stolen an obviously honest guy's monthly income without any reasonable explanation.

If your boss didn't pay you for a month's work, I bet you'd scream, shout, and run to the nearest lawyer for advice.

Google don't pay you and...apparently you should be glad you still have a job?

Pah, what rot.

You're like the rats who keep pushing the lever as long as a food pellet keeps dropping out.

Get real, folks - weeman212 has been ripped off, by 'the biggest company in the world'

All you who bleat on about the TOS..I'm pretty sure weeman212 was quite happy to agree not to click his own ads. We all are. But to be punished for a clickbot out of his control? WRONG!

Google are a company in turmoil - they don't know who they should try to please more, their advertisers or their shareholders?...whoops, who's missing? The publishers...

...and without publishers, what is google's product? Naff all.

As for the person who said that google rule the internet...purrrlease! you've been sucked in, dude. Come back when google have more than 50% of the SE market (it was in the mid 30's last time I checked...just a tad more than Yahoo, but not much more)

Lest we forget, it was google who promised a living from adsense in the good old days (pre IPO). Now any niche that seems to deliver on that promise is getting punished wholesale...proxy profiteers are the latest in a long line of google slap victims.

Who's next? You? Well, I hope you feel grateful when your hard earned cash gets taken off you without a decent reason, or any form of proof.

Just my opinion.
    Steve

stevenfullman, Apr 18, 2007 IP
    Rub3X likes this.