1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shooting at Virginia Tech campus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by britishguy, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't possibly be that naive....

Carrying concealed weapons only means more such incidents. Everyone who snaps at each other will draw guns (i shouldnt have to say this, its pretty obvious)...

Next thing you gonna say let high school kids carry weapons to defend themselves...

Nima, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  2. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The fact that a student can get their hands on weapons and walk into a university and commit an offence like that is completely ...... well to be honest I can't think of the right word but all I can say is that I pray for the lost ones and their families. What these people are going through right now no one should ever have to experience, its horrible.

What really gets under my skin the most is the fact the gunman was such a coward he had to off himself to end it. What an easy way for him to go.

On another note I hope the Bush Administration sees this absolute waste of life as a wake up call to tighten the gun laws in the US. Although I am sure theres a few factors, not just the gun laws. I'm no expert on US politics so dont flame me if you dont agree! I am merely making an observation based on my life experience here in Australia.

ruby, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  3. chattous

chattous Peon

Best Answers:
    It was a terrible situation happnd in the campus and US government shld take care of all colleges and major steps also to be taken about all this

After listening this i called up to my friend who is studying in that university
    he told me overall incident wht had happnd it was a great tragedy and after that he was continuouly called me and informed me that we all are safe and he said some people are injured and some people died and i also inormed to their parents they all are safe

I was shocked with this

chattous, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  4. jessecooper

jessecooper Peon

Best Answers:
    i hope you aren't replying to me cock hole. instead of tracking you down i will just flame you here.

1.) Use proper grammer. It should be "Do you not think..." instead of "You dont think.." , that is just a command.

2.)Do not use double negatives. By your words you ARE saying everyone would pull a weapon if they had it.

3.) The rest of your words make no sense. If someone was beating the "shit" out of me, i would fight back. If my life was in ddanger, I would shoot them.

4.) I'll ask your mom to do the last thing you asked.

5.) No. Your are useless because you are banned.

jessecooper, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  5. Static

Static Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd like to ditto that. The gun rules are so lax in the US...

Static, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  6. Josh Inno

Josh Inno Guest

Best Answers:
    Yaknow, last night I sat down and wrote what I would consider to be a relatively lengthy paper with citations in which I anayize both sides in the gun control issue as it relates to this particular issue. It actually comes to about a 5 page paper, but if you feel like skimming it for the portions you're interested in, you can find it at Josh the Aspie's Blog.

I just didn't see much point in re-posting big sections here unless people requested that I did.

Josh Inno, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  7. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    Not happening! Bush administration will never tighten gun laws. He has good buddies working here

Bombaywala, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  8. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats the problem with the US, they seem more worried about money and power than actual common sense day to day happenings.

Look I am not a political person but it doesnt take much of a political person to see whats happening in the US.

Ill keep my thoughts to myself though... lol

ruby, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  9. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    amnezia, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  10. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see the problem with certain people being allowed to purchase guns

I do see a problem with anybody being allowed to purchase guns

amnezia, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  11. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    guns laws are not the problem. you think banning guns would make them disappear??? please.

why are people so quick to blame it on X...why not blame it on the music he was listening to, the movies he watched, the video games he played...

what about the moral fabric of the country...the disregard and lack of respect for human life - granted an isolated case with a very sick individual but nevertheless, people today have a lot less respect for authority, doing the right thing etc.

what we really should be asking is how he was allowed to stroll away from the first murders, and then 2 hours and 1/2 mile later be able to take down so many others...want to be mad? be mad @ that!

timsdd, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  12. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The man who committed the shooting obtained the guns illegally. It is illegal guns that are the problem - not legal law abiding owners.

Jackuul, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  13. soju

soju Peon

Best Answers:
    soju, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  14. tokyoice

tokyoice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    RIP :(

What's the world coming to!

tokyoice, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  15. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes: nice :mad:

same thing happened when Steve Irwin died, someone actually created a site...complete with adsense :(

timsdd, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  16. funlounge

funlounge Peon

Best Answers:
    funlounge, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  17. jessecooper

jessecooper Peon

Best Answers:
    so many people think the 2nd amendment GRANTS the right to own a gun.
    The 2nd Amend. says "the right shall not be infringed" meaning the right pre-existed the constitution, just like free speech. This isn't the guns fault, this is the kids fault.

GTech likes this.
  18. Josh Inno

Josh Inno Guest

Best Answers:
    The government could conceivably repeal every amendment in the bill of rights with another amendment, and we would still have those rights. In such a case that the government becomes detrimental to those rights, rather than protective of them, it is the responsibility of Americans to remove that government.

Josh Inno, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  19. jessecooper

jessecooper Peon

Best Answers:
    excellent indeed

20. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    When was the last time that happened? Oh I remember, poor JFK had to pay a heavy price - his life!

Bombaywala, Apr 17, 2007 IP