1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this a new record?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Jester, Aug 19, 2005.

Hello all,

I set up a simple site for my daughter within the last workweek, the site is no older than 5 days.

She has ALREADY had an organic visitor from Google. An actual surfer, looking for this type of thing. I have another site that's been up for 3 months or so and have NEVER had an organic visitor from Google. :confused:

In any case I noticed the G crawler on the 2nd day, this has got to be some sort of record. :D

J

Jester, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen visitors in less than 24 hours on some new sites. Granted, it's only 1 or 2 but it's a start:)

GuyFromChicago, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well there goes my theory about a "new site sandbox".

J

Jester, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    Typically with new sites I see decent traffic for 3 - 10 days then it drops off into nowhere for a period of time...otherwise known as the sandbox. That's how it seems to happen most of the time.

GuyFromChicago, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  5. revenow

revenow Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had steady, albeit low, traffic from Google since about 3 days after the site was completed.

revenow, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  6. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a high traffic site all you need is one link from it to the new site and voila.!

guru-seo, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    markkk likes this.
  7. programmer

programmer Guest

Best Answers:
    you are right to some extend. but there is no gurantee of google bot. when i created my first website it was visit by google bot in 2 days and i haven't any good traffic.

programmer, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  8. kandeman

kandeman Peon

Best Answers:
    where is the link to review the website ? (this is the website review forum, is it not? )

kandeman, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I posted this originally in "Google" forum, and it got moved here.... I have no need for a review, I purposely didn't post a link for that reason..... was just a question, and it got moved here. Sorry... :(

J

Jester, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    It got moved here because it's about a specific site.

GuyFromChicago, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  11. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to avoid what many call the sandbox, you need to make sure to add or change pages on a weekly basis. If google sees that it is fresh, it will keep things in the serps, if it becomes stale - say goodbye.

debunked, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While I would agree with you based on what I've read, that advice doesn't always come into play when you consider non content sites....IE service type sites. There are plenty of them high in the serps.

By what I've read, I came to accept that there might be a new site sandbox, with effectively keeps you out of results. Since the site I'm speaking of was very new and it got a visitor from Google results, I was shocked.

J

Jester, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  13. unTangled

unTangled Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it all depends on how competitive your search terms are. I add any site I design to a list of my sites on my "main" site, and they are indexed within 24 hours, appear in google and msn within 48 hours (if you search for the domain name that is). This is not a high traffic site (only gets about 50 uniques a month), but it's indexed every day for some reason - don't know why because I very rarely update it.

One site was on page 1 in google from the first day, but I think that's because there are no other websites dedicated to the subject, only sites that may have a page or two about it.

unTangled, Aug 21, 2005 IP