1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned from adsense? Owned a proxy site?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by crazyryan, Apr 14, 2007.

?

Has your adsense account been banned this month?

1. Yes and I own proxy sites that had google ads on.

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. Yes, but I DO NOT own any proxy sites.

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. shutzu

shutzu Active Member

Best Answers:
    please add a option to the poll: "I just want to see the results of the poll" (I know the link to the results but it's better to see them in the hear of the thread)

shutzu, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  2. Cool1g

Cool1g Peon

Best Answers:
    google has specifically stated many times when asked that proxies are fine as long as the ads are only on the main page. i've got something like 30 proxies running with adsense. one i bought on here from a scammer who i outed - he tried to get my account closed by clicking multiple times on my adsense ads. i discussed it with google, sent them my IP logs and they took care of it knowing full well what kind of site it was. remember - there may not be content on the pages but you are providing a free service.

Cool1g, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  3. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is it the WHOLE account being banned? Or just the SITE/DOMAIN?

Would be interesting to know :)

FanAddict, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  4. Jetfire

Jetfire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, you might be thinking why adsense bans proxies.
    It's either from fraud clicks, proxied pages, or a bot.
    A bot has been released that is clicking this stuff.
    JT says:
    A bot is clicking ads on proxies, on purpose. It qualifies as fraud clicks because it modifies the adsense code, which is not allowed.

A good idea is to require users to fill out a CAPTCHA form before the page loads.

Jetfire, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  5. moneyballs2

moneyballs2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^^ CAPTCHA will probably turn away most teenagers that just want to get onto myspace to check if they got a new comment.

I am a teenager, but don't use myspace, it's true not all teens use myspace :p

And i wouldn't try and guess a CAPTCHA unless it was really really simple to use, and even then i would probably groan about it

moneyballs2, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  6. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    Jetfire: Create a new channel in Adsense just for that landing page...then you can see if the clicks are coming from that page or not. It sounds like someone may have 'stolen' your Adsense code and it has placed it on another site.

tobycoke, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  7. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    people do you read whats written above you at all???

he clearly stated that when he replaced google ads with something else on the landing page, clicks disappeared. theres nothing to do with stolen code.
    someone clicked on the ads on the landing page on PURPOSE, and it was not a human because human would not tell the difference between real adsense ads and fake ones he set up for a test.

more than that, the guy figured out at least 15 proxy IPs used buy the clicking bot by studying through multiple clicks and referrers.

i am seeing almost identical situation on my proxies.

there is definately a BOT targeting proxy owners, wich operates/clicks through lists of anonymous proxy ips and apparently the bot takes the list of sites to target from proxy org.

proxy owners, beware.

i limited my clicks per user in adlogger to 2/day until it settles down.

seregap, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  8. Jetfire

Best Answers:
    All of you should remove your Google ads on your proxies,
    Google just announced the release of a report on ClickBot.A, a click fraud bot net. Apparently, the network was sophisticated and employed a network of 100k+ bots, each generating a very small number of bogus clicks, to collectively commit fraud against Google Adwords advertisers. This is a very interesting and thorough analysis of the anatomy of the ClickBot.A bot net.

Jetfire, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  9. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats outdated.
    ClickBot.A was detetected and stopped by Panda Labs back in May, 2006.
    all clicks were invalidated by Adsense and no publisher was hurt.

its some new botnet spreading around now, apparently. Clickbot.B? :)

seregap, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  10. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it does have adsense.

htmlindex, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  11. trafficfacts

trafficfacts Peon

Best Answers:
    JT that exactly what happened with me, while the fraudlent clicks were not as many as yours they were there... I was so sure that someone is targetting proxies that I removed all adsense codes.

Now, I had also recieved a mail from adsense reporting such activity(fortunately I was not banned). There is a bot which visits the websites at times clicks ads, and other times acts as if it was an autosurf, I dont know how, but it sure gives folks at google that impression.

Anyways adlogger has been inefficent to the hilt. Now I am trying to figure out which ads to publish instead.

Also I had come across a website that was referring some people and I came to know at dp that this website send out bots or something.

Anyways, I will tell you the name of the website when I remember it.

Cheer!!!

And yes....

I just remembered... The first thing i did was to disable hotlinkin for goodwaiter.. dunno why I thought it may be a problem.. anyways they hardly send any quality traffic. And i get enough traffic to comment... ;)

trafficfacts, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  12. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    just to let you know JT and Jetfire are two different persons :)

it may be that the client bot does not get the referrer path data from masterbot or masterbot denies clicks due to some time restrictions to stay "low noise".
    its was described in Adsense case study about the ClockBot.A.

seregap, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  13. proxywebmaster

proxywebmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the boot from google last week. They also took the $1000 they owed me for March. My sites had content on them as well as offering the proxy service.... thought I had them beat. Also... I noticed an advertising click spike about 12 hours before the ban. My morning adsense trippled ... someone set me up ..... if you notice anything like this, shut down your server or the googlebot will get you! It was a fun experience while it lasted.

proxywebmaster, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  14. butterfingers

butterfingers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $1k is a lot. You should talk to google whether you can get back your money.

butterfingers, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  15. mubin

mubin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt they give the money back. This is someone out to get proxy owners.

mubin, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  16. Jetfire

Best Answers:
    Google will rip you off, outsmart you making you get lower pays, and ban you after they made enough profit.

Jetfire, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  17. Timothy8

Timothy8 Peon

Best Answers:
    oh, I just run a proxy site. close?

Timothy8, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  18. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or you could say Google are just protecting advertisers from getting ripped off. I know they have happily paid me many thousands of dollars and have actually on a couple of occasions taken the time to personally email me ways to improve my earnings. They aren't out there to rip people off but at the same time they aren't going let bots earn proxy site owners thousands of dollars from unwitting advertisers.

Burta, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  19. trafficfacts

trafficfacts Peon

Best Answers:
    I completely agree, they aren't ripping anyone off. Their reputation is their biggest asset and I'm quite sure they would not mess around with it. I have proxies (a large number as a matter of fact). So what if I am not showing adsense ads anymore, it gives me two advantages in exchange:

1) I retain my adsense account and avoid getting banned.
    2) I test other programs, learn other ways to earn revenue off these sites and ultimately spread my eggs in various baskets and reduce risk.
    3) And hey, I know I said two points, but if I really learn something worth sharing I may just write an e-book ;)

Note To Proxy Owners: Whats happening had to happen sooner or later, get over it, get past it, use the opportunity to learn something more. Cause if you actually do, you will have made a better income stream than adsense (actually contributing to your knowledge.)

trafficfacts, Apr 15, 2007 IP
    Burta likes this.
  20. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is everyone saying its good and we'll just move to another advertising program besides adsense? Surely they have just as much chance of banning you for fraudulent clicks too...

hasen, Apr 15, 2007 IP