1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Underage Paypal Accounts

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by zac439, Apr 14, 2007.

My 18th birthday is in less than a month, and I have begun to consider how I am going to transfer most of the money out of my paypal. After reading many resources, I have come to a few conclusions that I would like confirmed.

First, I read that paypal can only freeze your account for 180 days if you are underage. True?

Second, I read that Paypal will give you your account back when you turn 18, if given them proper identification. True?

Third, I read that Paypal will not even check to see if you are a minor or not in many cases- through withdrawals and common tasks like that. True?

Lastly, does giving them a SSN give them access to one's age?

Any other information you have to better help me understand PP policy would be great :)

zac439, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  2. Confident

Confident Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I am 15 and I get PP to my bank regularly lol - yikes I'm scared now, lol I lost my bank card a while back and always went to the bank cause I forgot to get a new one and had to do "manual" withdrawals with a teller. So a new girl working there is like "and...uhh...where is this money supposed to be coming from?" i say paypal and she freezes for a second then is like "uhh ok" lol

Confident, Apr 14, 2007 IP
    zac439 likes this.
  3. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing that, green rep added. Very valuable to my research :D

zac439, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  4. Justin Nijs

Justin Nijs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm under aged too, and have no problems with paypal. But I hear a lot about they steal money by closing your account so for certainty I don't have more than 25$ sometimes 50$ on my pp.

Justin Nijs, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  5. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What features do you use on your account? Just withdrawing to a bank account? Anything else? Did you opt to get your withdrawal limit removed?

zac439, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  6. Confident

Confident Banned

Best Answers:
    I have transferred almost $2k in total in/out of my account...just fyi, works well for me i guess...just get a pp acc already mate ;)

7. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have one, but I want to get around the $500/month withdrawal limit. Did you give them your SSN?

zac439, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  8. Confident

Confident Banned

Best Answers:
    No, just my bank info, isnt it like $1, 800 or $2, 000 or something as limit?

9. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have a $500 withdrawal limit each month for the United States. What is your withdrawal limit?

zac439, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  10. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a VCC in my PayPal account and my withdrawal limit is $2000USD per month.

immortality, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  11. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm jealous :(. If anyone else has experiences or knowledge to share, please post them here.

I think I might write an article on it- there are a lot of underage PP users, and very little documentation...

zac439, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  12. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    Your limit is probably $500 because you have a personal account.

ReadyToGo, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  13. AvarianParakeet

AvarianParakeet Peon

Best Answers:
    $500 is the limit for personal accounts. Get a business account if you want to lose the limit (2.9% fee applied though). I don't think you ever have to give them your social security for a personal account (unless you want that money market thing). They have bigger fish to fry anyway.

AvarianParakeet, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  14. longhornfreak

longhornfreak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    havent read existing posts, but here is how it goes.

If you are verfied, you can change (or set up) your electronic funds transfers to you new bank account.

if you are not verfied set up a bank account and verify you account with your bank account info

longhornfreak, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  15. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So, I can just get a business account and withdraw as much as I need? I upgraded to a premier account, and the limit is the same.

My next withdraw date is in 6 days, because it goes from the date you signed up. So that isn't too long of a wait :D

zac439, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  16. grusomhat

grusomhat Peon

Best Answers:
    You got me worried when in your first post. I am at ease now thanks to Confident

grusomhat, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  17. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:

Well for Canadian users.. they do not check it.. they don't require your SSN either.. if they do.. (not sure which country you're from) but then they'll know your age! I'm not sure about your country, but if you can open your own bank account (without being jointed to your parents) you are fine. Plus you're almost 18..

8everything, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  18. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True. I was just scared of them claiming I violated the TOS, and making my account inaccessible. Because, that account has a lot of money in it. And around $160 of it is going to paying a few people, so if it were to be shut down, I'd be really screwed.

zac439, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  19. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you work with good clients..and also if their account is verified.. beacuse if its unverified and they have fishy activity in there, you can be effected to. You're not going to do hundreds of transaction so the risk is much lower for you

8everything, Apr 15, 2007 IP