1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by save-a-family, Apr 13, 2007.

Hello everybody,

Hope you are all having a good day. I wanted recommendations on which web host to use. I need a dedicated server as I am launching a website soon that I expect to receive heavy traffic. Which company should I go for? Can you recommend any?

Thank you very much for your time.

(Edit: I posted this in Webhosting, and have no idea how it got here mods. Please help or feel free to remove if you would like.)

save-a-family, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  2. ThatForumPlace

ThatForumPlace Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never had any problems with GoDaddy - just as long as you're not running it as a gaming server. Prices are about as good as they get - but they truly excel at service when compared to similar companies that offer packages at similar prices (like 1and1.com where the service is absolutely horrific)

ThatForumPlace, Apr 13, 2007 IP
    save-a-family likes this.
  3. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As a general rule I don't promote other forums in any that I am a member.

I think you should visit and do some serious reading at webhostingtalk dot com. Members are not allowed to self promote in any threads except the offers section so most times you get decent if sometimes conflicting advice.

Are you sure you need a dedi to start? Quality costs $.

Maybe you could get by with a quality hosting or reseller account?

I use the same username there and sell no hosting.

Colbyt, Apr 13, 2007 IP
    save-a-family likes this.
  4. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for your recommendations, they're really appreciated.

Colbyt, thanks for reminding me of webhostingtalk. I almost forgot.

I am sure I need the dedicated server to start. I just want to play it safe. You're right, quality costs $, but it (at least most of the time) pays for itself.

Thanks again guys.

save-a-family, Apr 13, 2007 IP