1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Error 1064 {I need help, with v5 errors}

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by Dextrone, Mar 30, 2007.

Hello, I simply have a mysql problem, I'm trying to import a sql file, and I get this:

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INSERT INTO games (gId, gInCategory, gSwfFile, gName, gOrder, gVisible, gThumb, ' at line 2

Well, it figures, but I'm not used to mysql errors so....any help

Dextrone, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  2. Scolls

Scolls Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, I won't argue against 1064 being a syntax error, but you've only given us a portion of your SQL to see, so it's anybody's guess at this point.

Care to share the entire SQL?

Scolls, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  3. Dextrone

Dextrone Peon

Best Answers:
    E.X> OF ALL OF THE SQL
    INSERT INTO games (gId, gInCategory, gSwfFile, gName, gOrder, gVisible, gThumb, gWidth, gHeight, gDescription, gplays, description2, des2, filetype) VALUES (20014,106,'20014.swf','Ultimate Dodgeball',0,1,'20014.png',0,0,'This ultimate dodgeball game consiss of 2 levels. Hit the opponent with the ball as hard as you can.',0,'','',1);

Dextrone, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  4. Scolls

Scolls Guest

Best Answers:
    What version of MySQL are you running?

Maybe it's moaning about the lack of `'s as in `column_name` as opposed to just column_name. Try this out:

INSERT INTO `games` (`gId`, `gInCategory`, `gSwfFile`, `gName`, `gOrder`, `gVisible`, `gThumb`, `gWidth`, `gHeight`, `gDescription`, `gplays`, `description2`, `des2`, `filetype`) VALUES (20014,106,'20014.swf','Ultimate Dodgeball',0,1,'20014.png',0,0,'This ultimate dodgeball game consiss of 2 levels. Hit the opponent with the ball as hard as you can.',0,'','',1);

If you're still not coming right with it then try posting your table structure with:

show create table `games`;

so we can try to replicate the problem.

Scolls, Apr 13, 2007 IP
    Dextrone likes this.
  5. Dextrone

Dextrone Peon

Best Answers:
    well, got it fixed before this post{rep anyway}

Dextrone, Apr 13, 2007 IP