1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

help me set up wordpress blog

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by uttoransen, Apr 13, 2007.

help me set up a word press blog:
    i went to wordpress.org and downloaded the wordpress software.

then what, i have to configure the file, for that i need a database that i don't have. please help me get a data base and how to connect it with wordpress.

my webspace dose not has any database, so i will have to upload a database, where can i get it,
    thanks for your help!

uttoransen, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  2. Paz

Paz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well you have a few options. You can host the blog on wordpress.com, but the disadvantage of that is that you can't edit you templates unless you pay.

If you realy want to host the blog on myspace though, you can install a database on a site offering free MySQL hosting. I had a quick look in Google and found a few promising ones. The problem with hosting the DB on a free server is that it could be unreliable, or there could be circumstances whereby you lose ownership of the content.

Cheers,
    Paz.

Paz, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  3. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should get a host with cpanel, from there it can install automatically.

Arnie, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  4. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i do have one, my harmu.com is hosted in it. but then there is no database. i have to upload the database in the site.
    from where i can get the mysql database, and how much should it take space.
    i have about 10 mb space there. thanks.:)

5. Anita

Anita Peon

Best Answers:
    10MB should be fine for MySQL, but you'll quickly fill that up with your blog (text/pictures/etc).

If you already have cPanel, you probably are already running mySQL (it will give you MySQL options, probably on the right hand side of cPanel). If you follow the 5-minute install instructions that came with Wordpress, it will guide you the rest of the way (including creation of the database itself).

If your host hasn't provided you with MySQL access, you'll need to contact them to get it installed, you probably don't have access to do it yourself.

Anita, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  6. Zerosleep

Zerosleep Established User

Best Answers:
    You Check your CPanel ---> Fantastico ---> and then Install Wordpress in Root Directory thats it

Zerosleep, Apr 13, 2007 IP
    Anita likes this.
  7. Anita

Anita Peon

Best Answers:
    All this time and I didn't know a thing about fantastico ... little green for you ;)

Anita, Apr 13, 2007 IP
    Zerosleep likes this.
  8. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yes i know you know all that, you have setup a blog of yours! but then i still have not tried his cpannel! it is hosted on a friends server, i just asked him the ftp, anyways am asking him now,
    thanks zero, anita and the rest of you, i will update this thread when it is done! cheers:D