1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My first $10 Adsense day!

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Joe Blow, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is all about luck :D

Like Winstone Churchill told someone in the house of commons when he was told he was very lucky to be where he was. his reply " yes madam, and the harder I worked, the luckier I got" ;)

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  2. Willy

Willy Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a fantastic quote :D ...and it's true enough, if you work hard, then you can make your own choices; if you don't work hard, other people will make them for you.

Willy, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  3. tonyhill

tonyhill Peon

Best Answers:
    For me it was really hard going from $1 to $10 than it was going from $10 to $20... So hopefully your next step should be easier... Then again what really shot me up around $20 was optimization of the ads. After that, it's all about traffic, content, statistics, and minor tweaking. - Good luck!

tonyhill, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  4. kandeman

kandeman Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you meen by tweaking?

kandeman, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  5. gaits2heaven

gaits2heaven Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good feeling!

gaits2heaven, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  6. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense optimization is key. After I tweaked my ads I increased the CTR 400%. If you build it they will come.

guru-seo, Aug 18, 2005 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  7. ockert

ockert Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, congrats!

I have been using Adsense for one year and generally I am very happy with the program.

A little bit of advice: do not follow your earnings too closely - if you look at it dialy, then sometimes you get discouraged or too excited because of the results of a particular day which does not reflect the earnings you should expect over the period of a month for example.

Good luck!:)

ockert, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  8. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I actually have had my first $200+ day and its only 5 hours in

I think one of my sites was featured in a big email newsletter because I am getting 1000's with blank refferers (and its a sub page)

yfs1, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  9. ozgression

ozgression Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, thats cool. :)

ozgression, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  10. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    The only frustrating part is I have no way of knowing why suddenly there are 1000's of people more an hour (other then its via email)

yfs1, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  11. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It means making slight adjustments to get the best possible results.

MattL, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  12. kandeman

kandeman Peon

Best Answers:
    Like removing the borders on ads and putting images over ads?

kandeman, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  13. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Good advice, I had a $50+ day and the next day it was under $5!! Needless to say, that hit me hard! Got so discouraged, I didn't visit my sites or check my adsense earnings for a whole week. Not to mention lack of energy, sleep, motivation, etc. etc. :mad: :mad: :mad:

dzcap, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  14. yirmumah

yirmumah Peon

Best Answers:
    Two things that weren't working at all for me before when seperate, I took a chance and tried together--- The 468 adlinks bar over a search bar looks really nice and almost makes you want to search for stuff for some reason.

You can see an example of this under my strip in this blog entry- http://www.yirmumah.djcoffman.com/?p=143

I've tried it out for a few days, and it works better than the 468 banners I had in the blog posts...

One problem-- with the blog setup, I have to keep up on it a little and make sure I add the "more" tag so that more than two of those search bars don't show up when someone wants to view all posts in one category-- like if someone clicks on "webcomics" google doesnt seem to limit the searchbars automatically like they do the 468 banners... Hopefully they can fix that so us Blogfolk don't have to do as much maintaining, but i mean, it's not TOO Much work.

yirmumah, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  15. emz

emz Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations Joe, you are on your way !

emz, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  16. programmer

programmer Guest

Best Answers:
    congratulations dude - no enjoy a real party with your friends coz now you are earning

programmer, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  17. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:

Not to be a downer but you should just give up. Sorry but let's be real here. $10 a day while it's nice on a site....isn't really earning anything important. Also it took you 9 months to make this. How many HUNDREDS of hours have you spent on your site? I assume the time you spent on the site even at minimum wage would have earned you about 5-10k so far. I would think any site should be making $1 after 30 days...$3 after 60...$5 after 90 and $10 after 120. If you can't reach that your site is taking too long to grow. Basically a site would need to make at least $30-$50 a day for it to be considered a good second income over a part-time job. At the rate you are at it would be 3 years before that happens. I think you need to rethink your approach and consider new options.

This is just my opinion and hey...if you are happy with what you are doing then great. I am just not one to get all crazy over something you can earn in a day collecting cans. I think too many here want to pat others on the back instead of offering real opinions.

RectangleMan, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  18. neforum

neforum Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's great. It takes a little while. I've been seriously running adsense for about 3 months now and had my first $10 day toward the end of last month. I'd had a couple of $8+ days before that, but never broke into double figures. I've still only done it once. This is from a couple of sites. The average per day is just under $4 per day at the mo. I've seen a rise in all my months so far.

Keep plugging away.

neforum, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  19. kahsoon

kahsoon Peon

Best Answers:
    I know how u feel because i just reach that mark as well...lets dance around in underwear together! *woot*

kahsoon, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  20. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    That's an interesting point, but I have to differ. I think that many sites will struggle to hit that $10/day mark, but have the potential to grow well past that once a few hurdles are surpassed. It can take more than a year to make a real quality site - and even then you aren't guaranteed visitors until the word gets out.

It's certainly valid that a guy with a lot of experience can set those timelines for himself - but for those of us that are relatively fresh, you can end up spending weeks on trivial things as part of your learning process. With what I know and have learned from the digital point and general marketing/seo community, my timeline for creating a new site is ten times faster than it was 2 years ago - but I'm still learning and developing my processes and evaluating a lot of variables. If I were to try to kick out sites at a rapid speed at this point (which I've considered on a number of occasions), I could probably make some quick extra cash, but I'd be doing a disservice to the community.

Personally, I'd like this hobby of mine to work out long term, and that means that things are very slow and expensive right now - but I'm willing to spend the time and money as part of the educational experience. SEO and earning advertising revenue is a piece of the puzzle, but so are site design, programming, site administration, graphics design, community building and keeping up to date with standards and general web industry news. In my experience there are very few people who can put all of that together and hiring experts would take an influx of capital that is unlikely.

$10/day is a strong step in the right direction - at whatever time frame it takes, and getting that far means that there is potential for more. Once you know the keys then its easier to replicate them on the next project.

nevetS, Aug 19, 2005 IP