1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft should go Open Source

Discussion in 'Bing' started by rmartish, Apr 9, 2007.

1. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the foundation is so horrible, why did a nationally reputable magazine, TIME, give the gates' the person of the year award for 2005?

So, with your thinking, is TIME corrupt too?

zac439, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  2. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ha ha ha ha guys I still say its a publicity stunt.

Yfcadmin, Apr 12, 2007 IP
    zac439 and samantha pia like this.
  3. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And what is your reasoning? You have to have some kind of reasoning, you can't just laugh at the matter...

zac439, Apr 12, 2007 IP
    m0rtal likes this.
  4. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Without making any decent counter arguments against what has been said or providing some evidence you show a lack of intelligence. ha ha ha guys doesn't really prove anything, sorry.

m0rtal, Apr 12, 2007 IP
    zac439 likes this.
  5. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ok I repeat my old post:

Also talking about Bill Gates doing charity .... that's all for publicity .... If he's so generous to world ... then why dont microsoft sends Free Service Pack cds to its registered users... Simple coz they are Fu*king rude. Charity is for publicity. Even Linux people send free install Cds to common users. Linux project people are not as rich as Microsoft still they send free cds to everyone. I have over 35 Cds of Ubuntu.

And Bill gates cant send service pack upgrade Cds to its registered user who have paid for the windows. ;)

They provide nothing for free. Even they make a single penny pay for its effort. whereas linux does its job. They provide free download to everyone. The best part they provide send free installation discs to everyone. And on the other Microsoft is stingy in even sending Service Pack discs ( which dont contain any windows) to its registered your who paid $150 to $250 for it. Its really make the sense of crap.

You say they helping the poor and what about customer satisfaction. ?? :) I'd still say charity is publicity stunt and Bill is trying to have a peace in Heaven :D

Also read my old post that will enlighten your dull Brain:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=2793430&postcount=14

Yfcadmin, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  6. feroz97

feroz97 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft will never ever go open source. It it does that would mean the end of Microsoft.

feroz97, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  7. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yfcadmin- You base your entire reasoning on ONE business practice. Why send out service pack CD's when you can have your users automatically install it? That would make no sense at all, to be honest. Think about it, seriously.

Your old post said nothing, it was a bunch of arguement over the name Microsoft used to codename Vista...it has no relativity whatsoever to charity at all.

Your way of thinking is flawed.

zac439, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  8. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    If Microsoft goes Open Source it does not mean the end of Microsoft. If it does not go with the market it will mean the end of Microsoft. Look at what happened in the search industry Google is king. Microsoft is third. Look at the Server Industry Microsoft is 2 or 3. Microsoft is still playing catch up with the Playstation. As for the Zoom well we all know Apple is king with IPOD. Microsoft is always adapting to market just like we should. Open Source does not mean people are not making money I don't know who spread that rumor but it's not true. Go to netcraft and see how many successful companies are running open source.

rmartish, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  9. pangea

pangea Guest

Best Answers:
    im glad microsoft isnt open source: imo, it makes it harder for people to know how it REALLY works and nasty people to find flaws and ways into your computer.

pangea, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  10. Curt7

Curt7 Guest

Best Answers:
    There is a saying that "nothing succeeds like success." Microsoft is probably the ultimate example of that. Why should they change anything? You and I wouldn't if we were in their shoes.

Curt7, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  11. ilxeon

ilxeon Peon

Best Answers:
    wait for some more months then people will have no option but to install vista
    Why? coz apps and games would be exclusively start coming for vista
    This has been a strategy of MS you can run but you cant hide ;)

ilxeon, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  12. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you guys know operating systems were developed with a view to support every machine. That was the biggest reason of linux being a big hit.

But Windows Vista is designed like a 3D game. You need atleast 512 Mb Ram and bigger processor. What is it all about.

(well Yea I have 1 GB Ram installed with P4 3.0 Ghz ... I am talking in general... I am still on Windows Xp and Kubuntu )
    Its one reason for lesser sale. Most of the users need to upgrade their hardware. And most of them still stick to Windows Xp.

@ zac439: Then why dont you think Microsoft should release an open source version of Windows to users how cannot buy windows. If they are that good in charity then why dont they provide an opensource version of Windows with lesser features to poor users as a charity. lol ... Its just a popularity stunt. :)

If anyone of remember Microsoft filed a case on Lindows for its name. and finally got it changed it into linspire. That shows the perfect business mindedness of Microsoft. There are tons of similar cases. ;)

also dude talking about not sending Cds... even Linux can be downloaded easily still they send installation Discs. Also what about the users who dont have internet access or cant get a high speed net connection to download complete service pack. Its simply lame my friend. Its like you are fighting a lost battle. :D

Yfcadmin, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  13. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft virus free, really? You need to come back to earth. Microsoft and virus go hand and hand. You don't need to know the source just the language it was written in. Here is a clue all operating systems where made with the program c.

rmartish, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  14. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah ... Microsoft is build for viruses. But the main reason is Microsoft Windows is installed on most of the Pcs. Some people have a go on it. The coding structure is simply and easy to exploit than Linux and other OSes.

15. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have no idea what you are talking about do you? Microsoft ranked as #1 for a recent OS security research project. The funny part is, XP outranked everyone else, and the company doing the research actually hated microsoft.

Just because microsoft's software is more popular and more plentiful, it gets more attention when viruses are released- both by media and OS users.

And as for your comment on me wanting open source Windows, you obviously didn't read anything I wrote. I never once stated I wanted Windows to be open source. Please read a little better, to avoid future confusions.

zac439, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  16. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What about the other questions about service pack discs. .... man why do you eat up my question and provide semi answer .. :D

17. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I already explained to you the service pack discs problem. If you would please, read what I have written, and all of it, you will see you have barely read anything all along.

I'm not arguing anymore- you just don't know when you're beat.

zac439, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  18. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol .... :D ... Yeah simply gr8 ... and you dont even read my arugments properly.

19. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What have I not read? You give horrible excuses as to why MS is just an evil corporation, and I have told you to explain yourself.

You say that giving out service pack discs proves they run their own charity for publicity. This makes no sense at all. SP2 is automatically installed on existing computers, and computers that are being made. There is no sensible argument here- it makes no sense.

You say a business should give out free CD's for a charity. When you become head of a business, you can decide this for yourself. But where will the poor plug their laptop in at? The electricity outlet they don't have?

In short, I am dissing all of your remarks on the sole basis that you are dissing MS just because they do not meet your expectations as a company. You, sadly, are entitled to your opinion.

And, before you post that Linux is more secure than Microsoft, research it first. Symantec hates microsoft, yet they have proven it is more secure. Read it for yourself.

zac439, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  20. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I never said Linux is completely secured. They have a little lesser bugs. and dude I never said MS is an Evil Corporation, they are just ignorant of user's demands.

These words sound like a 10 year old kid. Man look around there are more people than you think. Now that doesnt makes any sense to me. I am talking about every users. Users with Windows Xp ( no service Pack ) and users will windows Xp SP1. There is no real deal in your discussion. Simply jumping on a conculsion is no good.