1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

???Red Reps???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MaryMary, Mar 30, 2007.

1. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    the more green you have the more red rep you give the other person, and it still only costs you 1 red. so you can give 10 red for the cost of one red, if you have 10 green blobs

samantha pia, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  2. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    once again, something that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!!!

:D

timsdd, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  3. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Here's something else I just learned, you can't give a red rep to the same person twice without spreading it around first.

Just thought I'd share;)

Why do people not read all of the posts before posting? Do they just not care? Are they wanting to raise their post count with any post they can. I don't get it.

This is the first time I have ever wanted to give 2 in a row. I now feel like I have to give one to everyone who does what the first user did to deserve one. This person just happened to do it to me on 2 different threads.

Who wants some:D ? lololol

MaryMary, Apr 1, 2007 IP
  4. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    that goes for any rep. you have to dish it out to 20 others I believe before you can hit the same person.

People don't read the entire thread for any number of reasons:

A) Lazy
    B) PPC
    C) not the sharpest nail in the box
    D) Time
    E) All of the above

bring it :p

timsdd, Apr 1, 2007 IP
  5. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    Last time I checked you can be disallowed from having live links etc. for having to low a rep. This is why this issue is important.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=2595482#post2595482

Someone left "opps" as the reason for giving me a red rep for the above post. There are people here who like to carry on like that, and it ruins a discussion form if they are allowed to essentially bully people.

Briant, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  6. Kaediem

Kaediem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to be really ticked off to give red rep, I've only done it a few times and don't mind the cost but I think there should be some way to prevent "rep back" coz if you sign it, which is the honest thing to do, that person will just come back and rep you back regardless of how valid your complaint.

Or maybe you should have to detail your complaint - at least privately to the admin so you have to answer to your actions.

Kaediem, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  7. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    That's why they never leave their name when they give red. I think it's silly you don't see the mod that gives you warnings/infractions too :eek:

I love when somebody gives you red and it's all potty mouth or for such a stupid and petty reason. You can almost determine their age from the response they give you :rolleyes:

I once had a funny red...YOU ARE THE GAY...ok then :rolleyes:

timsdd, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  8. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    I definitely agree about admin oversight. It would be different if there were no consequences to negative reps, but as it stands, some anonymous person (maybe your competition) could damage your business here for no legitimate reason. It hurts the site in the same manner spammers do, by contributing nothing, but irritating the other users.

Briant, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  9. chiz

chiz Peon

Best Answers:
    My take on red reps... I feel the -1 cost to someone giving red reps is a good control measure. Giving red reps could easily be abused by everyone. And the -1 cost will at least make the person think twice.

I know this not something to brag about but I noticed I could now alter reps. Just today. :) I already gave green reps to some of the nicest people around here. I should have done it earlier but I'm not allowed. And you know what? It felt good really. Giving green reps.

As for giving red reps, I think I won't really do it -- unless it's really necessary so that a nasty member would get banned. I feel that a soft warning issued to a member via a post or PM is enough to let the member know he/she has done something wrong. Giving a red rep, for me, is the last resort.

chiz, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  10. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i have only give one red rep once, and i think he deserved that! he was posting that stupid picture through out the forum, you all remember that i guess!!

other than that i have not given red reps! but then i give a lot of green!:D :D

uttoransen, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  11. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got a red rep once for accidentally posting a message in the wrong forum. It was an easy mistake to make and it was when I started posting on Digital Point, so I was in information overload. At the time I was worried about it but now I look upon it as a learning experience. If you can use the red rep to your advantage then it's not really a loss.

chant, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  12. Anita

Anita Peon

Best Answers:
    What's the going rate? I have a few cases in my pantry, and dollars are cheap these days, thank goodness they don't want euros ;)

Anita, Apr 12, 2007 IP
    Mia likes this.
  13. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    You want green rep from me?? I have max rep power...It will cost you a carton of boutique beer or a good bottle of red (cab sauv). Rep will only be given after delivery and beer is fully consumed or bottle is empty. :D

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Apr 12, 2007 IP
    Mia likes this.
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Well, I hear if you tell Crazy Rob that the Bears Suck, he will green rep the shit out of you!:rolleyes:

Mia, Apr 12, 2007 IP
    Cheap SEO Services likes this.
  15. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    i very rarely get reciprocal reds. usually i try to tell the person in a nice way why i'm giving a red. sometimes i get an appreciative green (for leaving my name), sometimes i get a PM explaining why he feels my red is unfair.

the only time i got a reciprocal 'grey' was by a 15 year old who was banned within 30 minutes.

the -1 was in place because the rep system was abused prior to that. :)

devin, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  16. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So far the red reps I have gotten have been nonsense. First one was blank, and was on a topic where I was asking for SQL help - which I got and it worked excellently - and the second one told me to 'shut up'. Neither were signed, which is funny to me. I got one before that for my first post - my introduction post I think, but the display vanished so I do not recall it very well. I still have a suitable amount of green for now, and because I provide help to people via PM and such I usually get enough green to stay even at around 10. Of course I haven't been here very long - but this is the trend thus far.

Jackuul, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  17. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    In this case, is "green rep" code for "sends a guy over to your house" and...then :p

timsdd, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I always pictured Rob as being 4'2 and driving a mini... Who's he gonna send over? Ditka!

Ah, da Bears!!!

Mia, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  19. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    a mini in a mini :confused: :D

timsdd, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Man Ditka rules!

Who wins Ditka vs. the Current Bears?