1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bid for position directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by EGS, Apr 12, 2007.

I think bid for position directories are a total waste of time and money. When submitting a site to a directory, really one only is buying the actual link and weight of the link in terms of SE's.

Directories don't even give off traffic; even the higher PR ones send minimal traffic per day.

EGS, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  2. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I get hits from some of the better directories.

Might not get loads of traffic but the PR that is passed will encourage others to link to you, which will get you more traffic in the long run.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  3. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Except dollarlinking --I don't yet know any high PR (PR5+) bid directories. Bigweblinks is going to be really high PR --but where are others???

jhnrang, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  4. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are very wrong, they may be a waste of time for you, for reasons like you don't have money to submit to the, but waste of time no. It is a permanent link listing. Most bid directory owners I know, will use the money they get to promote the directory even further like www.bigweblinks.com and www.webdirectorybid.com two that I trust and know will be on top, well actually are on top right now.

SasaVtec, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  5. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    these sites will be great for backlinks

i have so far spent $500 on buying links for mine www.biduplinks.com

choice, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  6. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hmm allowing adult related content websites, not cool

SasaVtec, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  7. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It’s not really about having the money to submit to them. If you take dollarlinking as an example I would need to pay at least $660+ to be on the first page, I don’t want to knock anyone that might want to spend that much for a link.
    I would prefer to spend that on directory listings.

Just my take on it.

Thanks Brian

8. thudufushi

thudufushi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    EGS, but thats what they are for, the PR hit you can buy from them? Which means yes, they are only useful if they have strong real time PR.

thudufushi, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  9. thudufushi

Best Answers:
    The only high PR bid directory is www.relerank.net , as far as I am aware.

:)

10. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    this goiing to be removed and refunded i`ve just not had the time last couple of days

choice, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Same here, depends on domains they are on. If you add one to a site with preexisting traffic, it will benefit everyone on it. Especially when the traffic is related to links and directories, like this one. :)

Blogmaster, Apr 12, 2007 IP
    Brian1970 likes this.
  12. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Could not agree more.

Rep Given!

Blogmaster likes this.
  13. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That directory yours? Or is it a Joke?

Apparently I only value those directories that have inner-page PR. The URL you posted has no inner-page PR --whereas http://www.dollarlinking.com has all its inner-pages PR5.

My tool also suggest it does not have the required backlinks for a PR5 domain.
    domain popularity http://www.relerank.net PR 5 ( [Google PageRankâ„¢ 5] )
    Backlinks: 5438 (18 Domains » 10 different IPs)
    PageRanks: 10xPR0 1xPR2 1xPR3 4xPR4 2xPR5
    LinkStrength: 1.51 [A score calculated based on all PageRanks that link to http://www.relerank.net.]

jhnrang, Apr 12, 2007 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  14. thudufushi

Best Answers:
    Yes its mine. There is internal PR , you just cant see it in your out of date toolbar yet :). This site was converted from a traditional directory a matter of days ago. But the PR will be there now, Im sure you understand that.

Your tool may say anything, fact is its PR5. However, I agree, I dont believe its a strong one! I actually think www.seodollar.com is or will be stronger given the backlinks i have put to it, including PR7 from a quality site.

Steve

15. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OK-well -
    As a matter of fact -I have nothing personal. But my toolbar is the latest--version available for Firefox --so don't blame my toolbar.
    What you don't understand is --once you change even a single letter/no on the previous URL --G will threat it as separate. So you have all new URLs for the New Bid directory. So none of your internal pages will have PR till the update.
    But you will get internal PR after the update -no worries. What is worrying me is some people buying expired domain and trying to make a quick bucks.
    But your directory has over 5 K backlinks --so its not you. though I see no high PR links than PR5 ( Yes the tool I use or for that matter any online too is not 100% correct) .

Anyway --best of luck --wish you success.:D

jhnrang, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  16. thudufushi

Best Answers:
    Hi, a few things youve said there are not quite right. The point I was trying to make is the PR you see in your toolbar is not real time, pr is updated dynamically, the toolbar is just a display that gets updated every few months from a snapshot a month before the export.

17. thudufushi

Best Answers:
    btw, what tool do you use for the backlink pr check?

18. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Bidding directories are great as they allow a permanent listing for as low as $1...

@thudufushi - Just submitted my site in your directories :)

MeetHere, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  19. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I still don't find any value in investing into buying a link in a bid for position directory. Why? You may buy a listing on a high PR worthwhile page, but there's always going to be someone who will outbid you and take your spot.

If you have the money to continously be on the top, then go for it, but I would never suggest doing it even if you did have the funding. I'd buy some nice listings in some premium web directories with that kind of budget.

You can probably get better results with less buck at Text-Link-Ads, IMHO.

EGS, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  20. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Mate --everybody knows that --isn't? G --does not show the real updates to toolbars:(

But --when you buy links in 15 days tine and your one month old site shows PR6 after the update --what do you say? If you don't know such sites --just ask me- I'll give you the URL of a directory that is just 4 months old and having PR6.

That theory is real crap --to create some confusion among web-masters --a ploy by those self-proclaimed, frustrated SEO experts --who wants webmasters to hire them. They write all those crappy SEO things that has no practical value --just to make fools of webmasters.

I have 3 directory --and I bought links during last 6/7 weeks or so. I am eagerly waiting for the update to get a leapfrog of my PR.

So when do you think Google really assigned me PR--then kep it HIDDEN as you say--and if I see good PR for my directories --where does your theory go?

jhnrang, Apr 12, 2007 IP