1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO People with msn

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by raven2424, Aug 13, 2005.

hello

this might me a long shot but if you are a seo person and have msn could you plz add just to ask you guys a few questions and to confirm things i may not be 100% sure on thanks!

raven2424, Aug 13, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Why would someone contact you via MSN? I'll do it for $50 an hour if you want...

If not, you might as well just post your questions here

fryman, Aug 13, 2005 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    this is what the forums are about sharing information

dcristo, Aug 13, 2005 IP
  4. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    You can PM me on this forums if you like. Im glad to help.

Dirkjan, Aug 13, 2005 IP
  5. City2

City2 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL HUSTLER!

City2, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  6. Dirkjan

Best Answers:
    Please PM me :) I am dying to help you. Somehow City2 thought it was worth a negative reply (he didnt mention his name but was the only one reading the topic at that time). I really get freaked out by those negative reply thingies. It bothers me that my last 5 were all red :p for actually nothing wrong.

Dirkjan, Aug 14, 2005 IP
    Design Agent likes this.
  7. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The whole point of a forum is to share the information. I get emails all the time asking me to help one way or another. My reply is always, ask int he forum where I will be happy to help, or pay me (more polite than that of course). You will amazed at how many people then become aggressive with me saying I am trying to rip them off as there is no difference between telling them and posting it in the forum. They just don't get it do they!

I have actually had people on numerous occasions tell me that "they don't want the info posted on the forum as they do NOT want others to have the information" but they STILL do not see why they should pay me for something I do for nothing!

Go Figure. Personally I would never dream of contacting someone on here who has say a vacation villa, and asking them if I could have it for a week for nothing ;) Or maybe a motor dealer to see if I can borrow a car for a few days, I mean they shouldn't charge me, should they? :)

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Tell the selfish pricks to F*K off! :D I dont see a need to be rational with these irational ppl.

dcristo, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  9. Dirkjan

Best Answers:
    I never said you should.

I just say that I dont mind to help people out. I do it all the time by e-mail, chat a lot through MSN, help people often by PM... and yeah I reply to topics as well. Who cares, and why would that be bad? Its not like the forums decrease in size if people also use other ways to communicate? Perhaps he has a question about a client who is also using the forums, or perhaps something else he cannot do publicly. If you bother, dont reply and just reply to other topics. :) He never asked YOU to answer our questions. He just asked if anybody here could answer questions by MSN. Relax a little.

Dirkjan, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  10. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that there may be times for offline posts. If not PM probably wouldn't exist.

Although, it is very true what OWG speaks of regarding people wanting free advice outside of the normal info trading on the forum. It is frustrating when people "want their cake and eat it too" by not wanting to post on the forum what the real question is and want direct one-on-one hand holding while not willing to pay for it. As I recall, that doesn't seem to work in a capitalist sort of way. lol

I've make a few post on the forum and continue to do so. Hopefully, some of it is useful to others. I do appreciate the time and effort so many others on DP have given that has been quite helpful to me. The way that works is posting real questions and reading answers to them. IMHO. This makes both question and answer available not only to the posters but, to so many others as well. That brings value to all concerned. That seems to be what DP is all about.

If not, I would love to hear Shawn's opinion on the difference.

North Carolina SEO, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  11. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:

Nor did I suggest in any way shape or form that he/she had done this. I was posting in general terms. :)

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 14, 2005 IP
    Dirkjan likes this.
  12. End

End Peon

Best Answers:
    you can Pm if you wanna know abt msn.
    I know a little./

End, Aug 15, 2005 IP
  13. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have helped him and answered his questions.

Jim_Westergren, Aug 16, 2005 IP
    Dirkjan likes this.
  14. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had bad experiences with letting people know my MSN signin...
    I've had to change my main account once already because I (Stupidly) made my msn login public.

When you are concentrating at work, MSN is a pain is the arse - I agree with OWG. If they want help, ask on the forums.

If they want private tuition, then pay up (Unless I know them well then I'll do it for free). :)

SEbasic, Aug 16, 2005 IP
  15. Jim_Westergren

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I need to watch for that.
    Yes, now in afterhand I can say it would have been better. The guy was not willing to give something back and I convinced him at least to give me a +rep, he did but it didn't give any value as he is new in the forum.
    Also his site was an AS KW site.
    Good idea.

16. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    I should add that I have given, and received stuff in private with people who I know from the forums. I am not that good at php scripting, but I am very good at a lot of other stuff. It would be naive of anyone to think that we do not help each other in private, but by and large they are on a different level, and if they apply in general, then we will often make a post along the lines of ' just the other day while working ona site with someone we noticed that....' A lot of the time we are covered by NDA'a anyhow so posting it openly is simply not an option.

I don't want anyone who is a reg here to think that they can not approach me for help though, as that simply isn't the case ;) Although I can't guarantee that I WILL be of any help lol.

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 16, 2005 IP
  17. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    A lot of people have the same questions, but some are uncomfortable asking them. I always encourage in my forums to ask in public and those questions often lead to follow-up questions from those that are in a similar situation.

Blogmaster, Aug 16, 2005 IP
  18. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. Often I get pms, and suggest that they word the question like such and such, then ask it in the forum. I will sometimes mail them back the answer right away, but insist they ask the question in the forum so I can post the reply I made to them openly. (without any personal stuff of course). That way they get the repy right off and the community get the case on record. I wouldn't do this for a first time poster though, as many tend to be hit n run types.

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 16, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  19. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Some newcomers are definitely clueless and need a helping hand :) Totally agree!

Blogmaster, Aug 16, 2005 IP
  20. Jim_Westergren

Best Answers:
    In this particular case the site had fallen off the MSN rankings and while reviewing it I found an error in the code. He had PHP include but didn't notice that the whole <HEAD> section with title, meta tags etc and even the body tag was twice in the source code. I made him correct that and figured that it could have been that which brought a penalty.
    It seemed to me that the guy was somewhat new and so this could be the reason why he didn't want it open.

But fine, I agree with you. From now on, let's do it on the forums.

A bit OT, but did you guys see my report and conclusions on the SEO test? (I don't want to bump the thread myself but would like some feedback.