1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Posting Service Website - Please Review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Tinkleheimer, Apr 10, 2007.

http://forumstartup.com/

I got found the theme while looking for wordpress themes (just anything in particular, not message board/forum themes) so I feel I got lucky on it. I think it makes my site look like an actual forum which is good and clever, but I want to know what others think. Any recommendations would greatly be accepted :).

I will give rep for every review :).

Tinkleheimer, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  2. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could use a better eye catching banner. I love the wordpress theme it shows what your services are all about. Make your service more eye catching, make it bold and add color.

MikeLugar, Apr 10, 2007 IP
    Tinkleheimer and Artisan like this.
  3. Tinkleheimer

Tinkleheimer Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree on the banner. At first it was a frog that came with the original theme, but then I changed it. I might hire someone or see if someone can make a banner for me. I think I will look into having someone make the banner colorful, but still blending with the rest. Thanks a lot for the tips :).

4. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    The font in the forums should be darker so its easier to view. I think the gradients could be lighter because the look is kind of outdated.

8everything, Apr 10, 2007 IP
    Tinkleheimer likes this.
  5. Tinkleheimer

Tinkleheimer Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright, I think I understand what your saying. I will looking into making the text darker (I haven't really been on the forums much). Thanks for the input :).

6. sebastya

sebastya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    too grey, need more professional graphics and show your prices on the first page like forumshock.com does

sebastya, Apr 10, 2007 IP
    Tinkleheimer likes this.
  7. Tinkleheimer

Tinkleheimer Peon

Best Answers:
    I see what you mean about showing prices. I will try and figure out a way to change it. Are there members that could keep the same layout, but change the colors for me? How much do you think it would cost?

8. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It may be a good idea to enlarge the fonts because the people who might be interested in your services most often have no much time to read thus it would be a good idea to make the reading as easy as possible for them.

Artisan, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  9. Brennan

Brennan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. You need a professional banner.
    2. The Grey color doesn't do you any favors.
    3. Those ads needed to blended or gotten rid off your running a business here not an informational website that adsense is it's only revenue stream.
    4. Yahoo email addresses are not professional

Sorry if that's to harsh it's just your site doesn't look professional. Try http://www.oswd.org/ you'll find some way better templates.
    Hope it helps :)

Brennan, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  10. M@ko

M@ko Banned

Best Answers:
    Very nice clean design, simple and basic navigation. I like it, one of the best Forum Service Designs I have seen for some time, the other designs are to crowdy and wierd, I like this one!

M@ko, Apr 13, 2007 IP