1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft should go Open Source

Discussion in 'Bing' started by rmartish, Apr 9, 2007.

Microsoft should go Open Source. They would save a lot of money. They could do the same thing Apple did.

rmartish, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  2. uranus

uranus Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do bill need to save money, apple is a loser. Bill have a load of cash that he does know what to do with

uranus, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  3. IpodNano

IpodNano Peon

Best Answers:
    lolx, soft will never go open source.. they are $ driven people

IpodNano, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  4. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Put yourself in his shoes for a moment, take a deep breath and pretend someone just asked you to go open source.

m0rtal, Apr 10, 2007 IP
    Bender likes this.
  5. amanz

amanz Guest

Best Answers:
    if they go open source, than bill will lost his asset :( its okey to be commercial :)

amanz, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  6. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear what your saying but look at Windows Vista Sales. It's really not selling. It has been a disappointment. As for Apple when they went Open Source they made a lot of money.

rmartish, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  7. technolarity

technolarity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I won't prefer Open Source .

It's a bit easy to say but it would increase unemployment .

technolarity, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  8. Le GoogelGuRu

Le GoogelGuRu Guest

Best Answers:
    Windows Vista is new. People are waiting for the bugs (which there aren't much of, I'm using it) to get cleaned out before they purchase it. I know lots of people around various forums waiting for SP1 before they buy.

I highly doubt Microsoft will ever go open source.

Le GoogelGuRu, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  9. TorchedSEO

TorchedSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right now, the richest man in the world is laughing at you.

TorchedSEO, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  10. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check out http://www.openoffice.org/ if you want to do open source stuff...I have never used this program, but I understand it to be fully compatible with MS office.

d16man, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  11. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually Microsoft use Open Source a lot. There servers run on Linux. Check netcraft it will tell you what they are running and Microsoft actually has hired a lot of Open Source programmers. They even have an open source development team. Ballmer has even stated that service is the new business and that Microsoft would be in the business of providing services.

rmartish, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  12. butterfingers

butterfingers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Errr... is Apple open source?

butterfingers, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  13. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, they use Mach BSD kernel. They say that Open Source is hard to use tell that to the Mac people.

14. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well guys you know Microsoft renamed the Longhorn to Vista...... They were planning something like Linux before.... but when they saw that people are responding to the project Codename Longhorn ....

They got afraid.. Coz they thought if people from outside got involved in Microsoft Longhorn then they might have to provide transparency in Microsoft i.e. codes will be published and available to everyone.... In short there will be a powerful opensource version of Windows under the name of Longhorn.... So powerful that even Microsoft wont be able to control it. ..... code.. graphics .. internal coding ... everything will be known to people.... New coders will take part in removal of flaws .....

A creed of coders will develop who will ultimately write down better codes... In the future Longhorn would have captured the complete market of Windows users ... coz it would have been Opensource... Microsoft wouldnt make a cent from the paid versions..... So, Bill gates dropped the idea of opensource and got back to his old style...

He's so crap that he takes money for sending the Service pack Cds to even the registered users .... and have a look on ubuntu (linux) they send 10 to 30 cds for free...

So its simple: No openSource = Big profits to Bill Gates :D

Yfcadmin, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  15. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Apple may be open source, but I think they have the poorer business practice. They still support closed architecture, I believe, that makes working on Macs near impossible...

I would rather pay for non-open source items, than have to send in my computer to techs who may keep it for weeks at a time.

zac439, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  16. sebastianrs

sebastianrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    For all those people who are against commerce and prolly capitalism: Why do you actually care what for-profit companies do then? If you had the knowledge to strategically manage such a company and earn a big share from its success, would you kindly reject the temptation and become *rich*?

The open source community is great but it is not a replacement for all commerce. This would not work - just like the communism.

sebastianrs, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  17. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Communism? Where all here to talk about how to make money from open source. Just like IBM, Google, Yahoo, Red Hat, SUN, Amazon, etc. By the way NASA, National Security Agency, ( which by the way gave us Security-Enhanced Linux ), White House web site runs on Linux. I guess the USA Goverment is a bunch of communist.

18. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i don't think that would be nice, with money comes responcibility. atleast microsoft are responcible people!!:)

uttoransen, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  19. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft responsible lol ... do you know after months of release of vista they didnt provided patch for it. Its well known falw for some .abn or something like that file types. Many hackers are using it for browser exploits to hack in for info stealers and key logging. When asked Microsoft said that they knew it long time back about it. Do you call it Responsibillty. :rolleyes:

:D

Yfcadmin, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  20. chuckd1356

chuckd1356 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft wouldn't be Microsoft if they went open source.

That would be like them using UNIX as their platform instead of DOS or NT.
    :p

chuckd1356, Apr 12, 2007 IP