1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Taxes 2006 - No 1099

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by neha_patelx9x, Apr 7, 2007.

Dear DP members,

Its that time of the year :( i need to get my taxes done and i didnt recieve Form 1099 from Google this year. i understand i didnt earn much and was only issued payment twice in 2006. there might be some that was carried over from 2005 but that income would have been reported in Form1099 that i did receive at the end of 2005 n filed with IRS, right?

if i go to my payments history and search the records for all time ... and take the amount from all months like
    Earnings (Jan 1 - Jan 31) to DEC for 2006 and add it up i make around 184.13 .. (some of u might make that in one day :D ) but i aint into website for money :) anyways ... do i need to report it on my tax return. I would really appreciate if u can help me with it.

Thanks ,
    Neha

neha_patelx9x, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  2. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't there a place where you can search for "prior payments"?

The date of the clicks and the date of the check may be very much different. The checks that were cut during 2006 is your 2006 earnings.

Yes, I would report even $50. This is really important if you have ever reported it before.

Colbyt, Apr 8, 2007 IP
  3. neha_patelx9x

neha_patelx9x Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for taking time , but i dont think u need to report certain income if its too less , as in if it needed to be reported , google would send me a form , ryte ? in their help pages it says -

Will you send me a Form 1099 or 1042?

Publishers are responsible for paying their own taxes resulting from participation in Google AdSense. In order to facilitate this, we send IRS forms 1099 and 1042-S to qualifying publishers as required by US tax law. Forms will be sent before the end of January 2007.

We will send a Form 1099 to you and the IRS if:

* You submitted a Form W-9, are not a corporation, and were paid at least US $600 in 2006 OR
    * You indicated that you are subject to backup withholding and had taxes withheld

We will send a Form 1042-S to you and the IRS if:

* You submitted one of the Form W-8s OR Form 8233

We will not send you any forms or report your earnings to the IRS if:

* You have signed the declaration of No US Activities OR
    * You have NO earnings from the AdSense program OR
    * You have submitted a Form W-9 as a corporation and did not have any taxes withheld OR
    * You have submitted a Form W-9, made less than $600 and did not have any taxes withheld

For those publishers whose earnings are reported, please note that payments dated in 2006 will be reported in 2006. This means that unpaid earnings from 2007 that are rolled over to 2007 will not be included. For example, December earnings which are paid in January will not be included as earnings for 2006.

What if i didnt make 600 ?? Can someone help me interpret the above help text and tell me if i need to or need not report my income ..

Thanks again ..

neha_patelx9x, Apr 8, 2007 IP
  4. RSLegit

RSLegit Active Member

Best Answers:
    do you mean to say you didn't make 600 from income this year or you didn't get 600 from adsense this year. if the former was the case you won't have to pay taxes ;] hope that helps.

RSLegit, Apr 8, 2007 IP
  5. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need to read what the IRS writes, not what Google writes. The $600 window is to not over-burden businesses by making them mail out a from for every check they cut.

I refer you to http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p17.pdf

Chapter 12 , page 82 col 1. "You must include on your return ALL income that you receive................."

I don't make this stuff up!

Colbyt, Apr 8, 2007 IP
  6. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You dont have to report it unless its $600 or over

maybe you have to but theres basically no paper trail?

ninjashoes, Apr 8, 2007 IP
  7. vrsane

vrsane Active Member

Best Answers:
    just to be safe in case of audit, I would just add it as Misc income

vrsane, Apr 9, 2007 IP