1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The concept of PR. Get to know PR formula.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by arcguy, Apr 7, 2007.

PR Stands for "page Rank" and its the google way of calculating power and authority of websites, to list them in SEPR and help user to reach there ultimate required websites.

Who is the Creator..

Two phd student of stanford university named larry page and surgy Brin are the creatoor of Google page rank formula.

How it calculated.the Formula
    Although its exact formula is secret just like the formula of "making atomic bomb"but mostly webmaster use this formula to calculate Pr of these websites.

.15 + (0.85 * (pr of that page link to your web / number of link on that page) = your PR

Trick, that I thought after reading this formula.

if you have one website with PR1 and one with PR0 you can make it also PR1, I dont know if it is possible but my idea is if we have only one link on your pr1 linking to pr0 site, your pr should became pr1: .15+ (0.85* 1/1) = 1
    its my concept and i never applied it or heard of it if it really works or not.

why PR
    Google search result are listed accourding to keyword and then PR of the website. if a site have same title and almost same contents, then the only differesce will be PR of sites. Pr is also depend on Number of link you have to other sites. linking to a website that is not linked to you can decrease your PR and reanking.

If you think this article is informative, I love Green Rep+

arcguy, Apr 7, 2007 IP
    lpstong likes this.
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or you could just not worry about it. Build links that actually generate traffic and not for SEO purposes.

PR chasing is a waste of time.

internetmarketingiq, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  3. sparckyz

sparckyz Peon

Best Answers:
    Whenever i goto check out the "New Posts" theres threads about PR everywhere always, so it cant be a total waste of time otherewise no-one would want to post about it.

sparckyz, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  4. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep assuming that :rolleyes: PR does nothing nowadays then letting you sell your link for more money to morons who are worrying about PR.

Honestly, Im glad so many people get distracted by this magical number known as PR, makes my job easier .

WunschShrek, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  5. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    if we use this formula, 11 PR 1 links, only with your link on it, you should have PR 10. Let's assume on these PR 1 links are 9 other links ( 10 links/page ), you need 110 links like this with PR 1 to achieve PR 10.

Have you seen any PR 10 page with something like this ? A PR 10 page have millions of links,

thedark, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  6. asgsoft

asgsoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    could you gives us a real life example?

http://www.domain-pop.com/ is a good tool that might help you analyse the PR of backlinks for the site you choose to demonstrate

asgsoft, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  7. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:

.15 + (0.85 * (pr of that page link to your web / number of link on that page) = your PR

Trick, that I thought after reading this formula.

if you have one website with PR1 and one with PR0 you can make it also PR1, I dont know if it is possible but my idea is if we have only one link on your pr1 linking to pr0 site, your pr should became pr1: .15+ (0.85* 1/1) = 1
    its my concept and i never applied it or heard of it if it really works or not.

The basic formula is correct, but google rounds toolbar PR down. A PR1 x 85% = .85 PR, which google rounds down to show in the toolbar as 0. If your link is from the same class "c" IP, google will assume they share common ownership and likely ignore the link. You also never know the exact PR of a page because of the rounding. A PR1 link could be a PR1.01 or PR1.99.

Each increase in PR requires approximately 6X the PR i.e. a PR2 requires 6x the PR than a PR1.

In theory, assuming there is only one link on a page, you could get a PR7 from a single PR8 site. 8.5 x 85% = PR7.2. Of course you aren't likely to find a page with only 1 outgoing link. If the same page had 10 outgoing links, you would need 10 identical links to get the same PR7.2

mjewel, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  8. arcguy

arcguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But condition is that what PR1 have only one link in it. if they have have more then link then you cant get PR1! cause formula stated :
    .15+.85(PR1/One link)=PR1 youe site

if that page that is linked to your site have 20 outbound link then

.15+.85(.20)=.20 PR which will be consider to be 0 :p
    I just read it and i though its True!

arcguy, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  9. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    85% of PR is available to pass. PR1.0 x 85% = .85 PR. Toolbar PR rounds down. It will show as PR0 on the toolbar, even though it is close to being a PR1.

mjewel, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  10. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's the point of this post exactly? You asking for rep? You've only explained the obvious...

Lpspider, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  11. arcguy

arcguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am sharing the very useful information and 90% webmaster dont know about this Pr and all other stuff.

arcguy, Apr 7, 2007 IP