1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Verisign: Domain names only costs $0.14? Really?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by butterfingers, Apr 7, 2007.

butterfingers, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  2. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately it'll take the law to find out whether VeriSign was "lying" or not.

Dave Zan, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  3. AhmedF

AhmedF Peon

Best Answers:
    I wrote that post. There are many other companies that were willing to do the .COM registry for a lot less (eg $1 or $2 per domain). ICANN didn't even allow any competitive bidding - the damn organization meant to 'protect' our internet is nothing more than a spineless organization that falls the moment anybody resists (ie VeriSign suing ICANN).

AhmedF, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  4. guy123

guy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    i would be on verisign's side if they had competition. any business that has competition should be allowed to raise their prices. but 1) they have no competition and 2) the cost of domains isn't rising at all.

I agree that it's kind of a bunch of bull, but I don't see it changing since most of the public doesnt care, let alone know what ICANN is.

guy123, Apr 7, 2007 IP