1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense on MySpace?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by creepysleepy, Nov 27, 2005.

Hey all -

I was poking around the Interweb and stumbled upon this fantastic forum. I'm an AdSense newbie, but an quite taken by the concept. I've been doing this for about 6 weeks now and my earnings have been quite respectable. I run adsense on blogger, but will be launching my own site in a month or two.

I have a few questions about MySpace. I did a search on this and came up with little. Is it legal to put adsense in myspace? I've read the TOS and they don't seem to cover this. If I missed it, please let me know.

Also, as a side question, does anyone know if earnings are typically less on adsense for blogger? I've read in a few places that they are, but haven't read anything definitive.

Thanks! I look forward to future posts.

- creepy sleepy

creepysleepy, Nov 27, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Doesn't matter because you can't ad JavaScript to your MySpace profile.

digitalpoint, Nov 27, 2005 IP
  3. creepysleepy

creepysleepy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sh. Thanks. As I said, I'm a newbie. LoL.

creepysleepy, Nov 27, 2005 IP
  4. goalkick

goalkick Peon

Best Answers:
    what if we couuld ad javascript to myspace? would that be legal?

and i'd like to know this answer too, because i use blogger

goalkick, Nov 28, 2005 IP
  5. younghistorians

younghistorians Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Smart pricing might lower the earnings on a blog by blog basis, but it's not lower as a whole.

younghistorians, Nov 28, 2005 IP
  6. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless the owner of MySpace puts his own AdSense account. Why not? There are like thousands of visitors daily!

But for now I saw the owner puts more of affiliate ads like beauty cosmetic stuff.

my44, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  7. isuccess

isuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Non Commercial Use by Members. The Website is for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of MySpace.com. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website will be investigated. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from member profiles without notice and may result in termination of membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken by MySpace.com for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Even if you point people to adsense sites, the click rate is very poor. That's why you don't see a lot of people interested in myspace as a marketing medium. It's really a social network of non-adsense clickers.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But to answer your question you cannot put any commercial links/aff/adsense/chitika or whatever on your myspace page. Some people are trying but they will just get their accounts deleted. No java allowed. It's filtered out.:)
    [/FONT]

isuccess, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  8. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use blogger for several sites - its all down to your content and how well your able to persuade google that the ads should be about your content matter, and not about just blogs. Blog ads stink what ever blogging platform they're on. you can use section targetting and strong SEO to make sure you get decent ads. I wrote this here to help and there's stuff in the comments as well.

Dio, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  9. telecomm

telecomm Peon

Best Answers:
    May be u need to try Blogger.

telecomm, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  10. inflatedmonkey

inflatedmonkey Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi I've been using myspace for a while and recently researched Adsense too..

Even though you can't post adsense on myspace or use java, it could be a great way to get more readers/viewers for your other site or blog..you could have a Myspace page that has a link to a pop up window from your site, etc..So there's other ways to use the site to help with Adsense..

MC

inflatedmonkey, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  11. S.Phoenix

S.Phoenix Peon

Best Answers:
    This is , indeed, a very very good tip about using MySpace.

S.Phoenix, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  12. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody follows those "rules" anyway. I'd say at least 50% if not more of myspace profiles is advertising something

htmlindex, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  13. EmmSee

EmmSee Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, no JavaScript = no G ads.

The amount of profiles that get deleted daily from MySpace for having affiliate links has to be off-the-charts. They would be deleted just as fast if they ever allowed JS and people started putting G ads up.

BUT! MySpace is a brilliant tool to promote any of your sites running AdSense. Use your imagination to use all social networking sites to your advantage. Despite their policies, MySpace doesn't care about people promoting their websites through a profile, as long as they're not msg/comment spamming.

EmmSee, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  14. stax

stax Peon

Best Answers:
    I have come across a site that is like MySpace that allows Adsense. It's called dollarspace.net, you're allowed to place ads (Adsense or YPN) on your profile (top and bottom)

One of my co-workers referred me to this site, amazingly enough, I've been making a few dollars a day already.

stax, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  15. Stickboy

Stickboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Forgive me if this is totally incorrect .. but ...

What if you made a Flash Object and that Flash object contained your Google Adsense code and displayed your ads? Flash Objects should be able to run Javascript and display the HTML that is generated, right?

MySpace allows Flash Objects to be embedded on your profile.

You would have to compile the SWF file every time you had new code, but it seems like this would work.

What do you think?

Thanks,
    Stickboy

PS - I am new here. :)

Stickboy, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  16. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well you do think outside the box so that is good.

No you cannot post Adsense Ads on your myspace profile. You would then be competing with Google.

I tried that years ago with craigslist.com and wrote Google about it but they told me I was not allowed. :(

Genius gone eh?

Nice thoughts!!!

Sem-Advance, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  17. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    adsense is more costly thats for sure

Aaron111, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  18. Star5

Star5 Guest

Best Answers:
    I doubt if that's allowed.

Star5, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  19. onyxgod777

onyxgod777 Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be nice if myspace would allow us to add Google Adsense's ads. I'm pretty sure that there are targeted consumer for any type of products on this website only.

Imagine the same on facebook. It's growing so fast that the clicks there would generate a lot of revenue very easily.

onyxgod777, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  20. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree above it seems as though Myspace is REALLY more of a social thing then anything else reason being thats the lime light" better go with Technorati and DIGG

Aaron111, Oct 3, 2007 IP