1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google visits but never Index!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Rik, Aug 12, 2005.

Hi guys,

Here is a website of my friend. He uses the Google sitemap feature.
    and Google does download the sitemap file atleast once a day.

And from the weblog, I can see google visits thousands of pages of The website. but Google not indexing any page of the website.
    The last time Google indexed any page of the website back in february.

I'm just wondering whats wrong with this? !!

He also doesnt use Adsense.

So, why its happening that Google visits the site but doesn't index at all?

Hope to get some help on this from you people.

Thanks
    Rik

Rik, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  2. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I check my logs, I see two types of googlebots:
    Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http ://www[dot]google[dot]com/bot.html)
    and
    Googlebot/2.1 (+http ://www[dot]google[dot]com/bot.html)

there is probably a thread about this somewhere, but I see pages visited by the second googlebot to end up in the index within a few days, and pages spidered by the first googlebot not. If you are ony seeing the first one, that could explain.

and please post the url so we can check for backlinks and PR and stuff like that -- maybe the site is banned for some reason?

frankm, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  3. Rik

Rik Peon

Best Answers:
    Robot Google Bot (http://www.google.com/)
    User-Agent [View Log] Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www[dot]google[dot]com/bot.html)
    Quantity 11059
    last visit 12.08.2005 10:22:37
    first visit 10.08.2005 00:00:39

It seems thats the case here.

But why Google bot visiting that way?

the site haz ZERO Page rank somehow, even though its online for last 2 and half years. Though as far I can remember it had 4 in page rank last year.

For some reasons, it can be banned? !!

Rik, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  4. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Would google still visit and crawl if the site had been blacklisted? (just a thought that it might be). Was the domain new when your friend got it?

Liminal, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  5. Rik

Rik Peon

Best Answers:

He registered it himself. So I guess it was surely FRESH!

Rik, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  6. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Is the content on the site original? Dunno what else to think of. Sucks to be your friend in this case

Liminal, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  7. Willy

Willy Peon

Best Answers:
    Have had a similar problem on two sites so far. Especially one of them staggered the mind: site online for over a year, SEO-friendly URLs, hundreds of (real, as in not influenced by me) inbound links from quality sites, AdSense on the site earning a decent amount of revenue each month, but the site just refuses to show up in Google in any way. Logs show the Googlebot visiting regurarly, but that's all.

So I know the feeling; the only recourse I can suggest is to e-mail Google and just ask what's up.

For myself, as the site I mentioned was for a highly specialized subject, still got lots of daily traffic from inbound links and other major search engines (where it ranks high), and AdSense was bringing in a modest amount, I didn't really need for it to be found by Google; so haven't bothered to do anything about it, but still I am scratching my head once in a while... :confused:

Willy, Aug 13, 2005 IP
  8. Philarmon

Philarmon Peon

Best Answers:
    A Google sitemap alone is not enough. It's all about a lot of QUALITY incoming links. If you have links pointing to carious pages of your website (including subpages, you won't need any sitemaps at all

Philarmon, Aug 13, 2005 IP