1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple clicks

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by super_kid, Aug 5, 2005.

1. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    Why are you so obsessed with the idea of click fraud?

I already told you, I never asked any of my readers to click on my banners.

You can't even prove your allegations against me. Why do you continue?

Grow up. ;)

super_kid, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe maybe not. You have to determine what they consider fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud. If someone you don't know and never knew and never will know did it, well your liability is a lot less. If it is a friend or associate and this knowledge becomes known, it would have to heavily influence any kind of determination.

You can believe that since someone you know is clicking on your ads all the time it means you are safer, I think a lot of people would disagree with you. I imagine an inordinate number of people who have been banned from adsense for illegal clicks were done so because a friend was helping them out.

aeiouy, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  3. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right.

I think I'll just ban him from the website altogether. I rather not tell people that multi-clicking leads to banning; if the word gets out...

4. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's the thing, tho.

To google, what difference does it make if the guy's my friend or not...? I don't believe they're investigating my life.

5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    If he knows you and is banned he is going to inform you he is having a problem with your site. If you tick him off what's to keep him from logging on from library, school, or friends house?

Shannon

Smyrl, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  6. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    After all, contextual advertising, which is what Google is selling with AdSense, means that there should be several related ads on any page, therefore a visitor is very likely to be interested in more than one of them.

egdcltd, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  7. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    Try telling that to Crazy Bob, according to him it's "IMPOSSIBLE".

8. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say it's highly likely.

eg, on the main games page of my site, which has free online games, the Google ads were, when I viewed it, for Play Download Games, Play Games Online, Free Online RPG and BiosFear - The Action MMD. Now, if you were interested in computer games (and if not, why are you viewing a games page?), isn't it likely that all of those links are of some interest to you?

egdcltd, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  9. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    because Google is so obsessed with click fraud.

Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice appears under your feet...

Google does not tolerate "well technically....", they are borderline unfair, and if you notice suspicious activity, such as your frequenters clicking away, you should report it to G and tell them to stop, and if they are your enemies or just morons who don't understand the concept of where this money comes from, block their IP block.

Well, technically, you didn't do anything wrong. But these days letting your friends and family know you are a webmaster is bad enough. It has gotten a handful of us in trouble before.

Crazy Rob is just trying to help you save your account and advertisers (like himself) from being ripped off.

'Click buddy' doesn't neccessarily entail someone whom you asked to click on your ads, it can be as simple as someone who freqents your site which whom you've discussed your adsense account. It's technically not against the TOS, but it causes problems.

I've always taken a very dismissive air about these things, for my own sake.

david_sakh, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  10. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand.

I just don't like being accused like this.

11. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    Click fraud is a real problem - for publishers as well as advertisers. After all, if the advertisers don't get a good return on their money, they don't advertise, therefore publishers earnings go down, as there is less competition for keywords.

egdcltd, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  12. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    well one reason why I never told my relatives and friends about my sites and even use an alias in all my site is: I wanted to avoid their clicks on my ads for they will only bring me into the hell of banning.

kawebspy, Aug 12, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.