1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why do people pay for forum posters

Discussion in 'General Business' started by adrian88, Apr 5, 2007.

why do people pay for forum posters

do they actually make the money back thru ad revenues?

adrian88, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  2. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No new members will come if the forum is empty with no information..
    So hire forum posters to make it look active..
    Yes you can get your money back from ads.

MeetHere, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  3. Louis11

Louis11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    When was the last time you posted a question in an empty forum? Paid posters help populate the forum, and mimick an "active forum" thereby convincing users to post, and helping your forum grow.

Louis11, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  4. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    actually i think that's not a really ideal strategy. it's much better to gain some decent traffic first, have a base of subscribers, then start a forum and let the existing traffic populate a forum by itself.

devin, Apr 5, 2007 IP
    Notting likes this.
  5. Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, i would personaly never buy posting. I would just make lots of posts on multiple accounts.

Although i can see why people do it if they are busy.

Agent_Smith, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  6. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its also for reasons other than being busy....imagine trying to start a forum that you want to be as big as DP...how many accounts would you create and post with? Would you really enjoy talking to only yourself? Thats where forum posters come in...they don't know each other and can keep the conversation going. depends on how much $$ you have though.

d16man, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  7. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    New forum startups have always been difficult especially if you are trying to build a solid image around it from the very beginning. Hiring posters is a wise investment in my opinion, and I'd go for it, too.

You need to encourage people to post when there isn't much to read on the forum. Once it takes off, you'll feell like paying your first posters was a good thing to do.

Clive, Apr 5, 2007 IP
    Notting likes this.
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    At the begining forum is emty

It's need some content .....

w3bmaster, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  9. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All forums start off empty but 95% of them do not hire posters.

ninjashoes, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  10. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Mostly because not all forum owners are prepared for financial investments when starting their projects off. There is an alternative to that. Keeping the forum offline and playing the Q & A game on the boards yourself till you gather some content before publishing the forum can also work, I'd still prefer paying someone to show interest towards posting on my website until I get real audience.

Clive, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  11. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All you do is visit another board and ask a few people you know to come help you get your forum started. Bribe them with mod status and then ask them to ask posters they know.

You shouldnt need any finacial investment besides buying your forum software, hosting and backlinks gradually IF you are smart about it.

ninjashoes, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  12. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Nice words, ninjashoes, hope you're right cause I am planning on starting a forum soon, too.
    And getting some help wouldn't hurt, I just have the feeling that live isn't always pink :)

Clive, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  13. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I would believe the strength of a forum is its viral effect. Yes, as much as it is true that an empty forum if left alone would most likely remain empty and a 'crowded' one would look more enticing to stay but I've seen some paid posters forums and it does not impress me.

The trouble with paid posters is that they are there to do a job like maybe post 2000 posts in 30 days and once they did that, their job is over and they move on. There is nothing to say that the poster would come back willing to stay.

I am not opposed to the idea of providing some incentive for people to post or to sign up in your forum but it can be done in a way of a contest, either by offering some prize for people who can bring in the most friends to someone who can post the most informative posts or something. You need to be able to draw people to want to stay.

I believe that start a forum is easy, just buy a forum script, a domain name and slap it on a web hosting account and it is done. That is the easy part. I believe you really need to have a good pool of friends who shares the same interests. It could be something branching out of a special interest group or something. That way, starting a forum amongst friends then slowly drawing the interests of others. This way, you pretty much get a forum with long and loyal members.

eddy2099, Apr 5, 2007 IP
    Notting likes this.
  14. sandrodz

sandrodz Peon

Best Answers:
    yes its hard to start a forum and get it going...

sandrodz, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  15. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    I feel like I should say "thanks" for your post here,
    I'll make sure to drop you a note on the day I'll be launching my forum, I'm pretty sure it's withing the range of your interests :)

Clive, Apr 5, 2007 IP