1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Opportunity for PR10 text-link

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by ajandersen, Apr 2, 2007.

1. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i believe it's very cheap . i think you must check outgoing link number . if there are too many outgoing link , it's not worth

trichnosis, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  2. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    Also considering the pageviews, it should bring you a big amount of traffic, btw, how many obl's does the page have?

bacanze, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  3. veridicus

veridicus Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with those who say to consider the traffic first. How related is the site to yours? How much traffic can you expect from it? And how much revenue will that traffic generate?

You may not see the PR benefits for months. But the traffic benefits can be immediate.

veridicus, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  4. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought the only PR10's were like Adobe and Yahoo or something.

ninjashoes, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  5. autorave

autorave Peon

Best Answers:
    autorave, Apr 4, 2007 IP
    rentdn likes this.
  6. exponent

exponent Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep telling yourself that. PR and backlinks using anchor text are everything. You might be able to rank well if you had a particular domain.. such as .. windows.com for "windows" searches.. but MyNewWindows.com isnt going to rank well without some help.

exponent, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  7. druidelder

druidelder Peon

Best Answers:

There are a couple things wrong with your math here. First, he said the site has 1 million pageloads a day, not 1 million visitors. If the average visitor views 10 pages (and that number could easily be twice that) then you're looking at 100,000 visitors a day. The second part is the conversion rate. On a site with that much traffic, a 1-2% CTR on links is doable but not usually on a single link. My guess would be that there would be at least a few other links as well. So, lets assume five links with a total CTR of 2% (that is generous for most heavy traffic sites) and that all links get the same amount of traffic. Then you're looking at .4% of 100,000 which is 400 per day or 12,000 per month.

Of course that assumes that the links are site-wide. If the link is only on a few pages, then the number could drop to be much smaller. Unless you have a high return product or are planning on using this to boost rank to sell other links, I don't see making the money back based on the statistics given.

druidelder, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  8. loannet

loannet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I would rather have contextually relevant sites than simply a site with high pr. I have a site pr 2 that ranks 1st page on google for extremely competitive keywords, not specific to the domain. I dont claim to be an expert, but basing things solely on pr is shortsighted, imo. You should focus on sites w/similar content that have strong back links. If you can get a pr 7 or 8 site that is more relevant, this probably would weigh greater in boosting your sites rankings, which I would assume would be the goal. If you are simply trying to raise your pr for reselling links then this would involve a seperate strategy

loannet, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  9. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with u, But I still think that is a Good deal

Red_Virus, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  10. druidelder

druidelder Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is a good deal too, but without a plan to convert it it becomes a bad deal. For example, I come across a sweet deal for an all original 1967 Pontiac GTO in excellent shape for $12,000. That is a great deal, but (for the purpose of this example) I live in Alaska, so far north that there are no roads. I can't drive it, and I never intend to move. If I buy it, I am throwing away the money, unless I have other plans. In this example, I can at least sell the car, but you lease a link, you don't own it. If there is no strategy to benefit having this link, then it is a very expensive ego booster.

druidelder, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  11. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it comes down to you or someone else whos equally relevent then its gonna come down to who has the more backlinks power, so yes PR does matter, the novice just makes more mistakes as far as relevency goes.

You are right about domain names being super important though.

ninjashoes, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  12. monsterclips

monsterclips Banned

Best Answers:
  13. awesty

awesty Active Member

Best Answers:
    you could think of it like this:
    if you make a far bit more than you are paying, it is worth it ;)

awesty, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  14. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot would depend on your site.
    what is your current conversion rate.
    How much traffic would it take from that site each month at your current conversion rate to pay for the link.
    Will the trafic you get convert at the same rate, unrelated traffic will not convert.
    Will your servers handle the extra traffic, if you do get a lot of traffic and it does not convert you may have more expence just keeping your servers up.

I don't think I would do it for PR alone unless I am somehow selling links, of which the price of the links is directly related to the PR of your site.

adacprogramming, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  15. rentdn

rentdn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do not lose your chance just GRAB IT 3000$ is really cheap

rentdn, Apr 6, 2007 IP