The max safe CTR ever !

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Scriptona, Apr 2, 2007.

I e-mailed Google about the max safe CTR one can reach and they said such data can't be announced and that they are carefully monitoring all the accounts through manual and automated systems to ensure every increase in the CTR is legit

Does this mean i can get up to 50% CTR (if i can :D ) and be in keep beeing in the warm area as well ? :confused:

Scriptona, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  2. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    if the clicks are valid then even a CTR of 400% is legitimate. If there are invalid clicks no matter how low is your CTR they will be able to catch you. I guess now you know exactly how to avoid the warm area.

enQuira, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  3. dannet

dannet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can have problems with a 50% CTR, its too high and its probable that google consider that your website is maked to earn money with adsense and suspend your account, I think that 25% can be good without warn google, but there are not a 'oficial' term about it (from google).

Good luck

dannet, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  4. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that no one really knows what is the exact definition of invalid clicks or what is invalid and what is not (please don't link me to Google adsense knowledge base because i've read this 100 times) but you won't ever know the measures

i think high CTR with high traffic is safe but high CTR with low traffic then you are probably cheating by inviting friends to click

5. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a high CTR then you are making them money. They won't penalize you for that. Unless you are cheating. They won't ban an account for high CTR, the latter will trigger an investigation but if you are not cheating then they will love you and send you even better ads! as simple as that.

enQuira, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  6. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I hope this is how they think "mhamdi" :D

7. mihaidamianov

mihaidamianov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Man I'd love to see a website with a legitimate CTR that is over 10-15%.. Unless people come to that website in order to search for advertisements that match their needs (who'd do that ?) I can't imagine how could they click in such high rates as 25%, 50% or more.. Or maybe they can't read...

Mihai

PS Even 10%-15% is quite high, you'd have to have only adsense links on your pages for such rates. My avg is about 2.5%.

PS2 IMO.

mihaidamianov, Apr 2, 2007 IP
    Notting likes this.
  8. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure about that logic; statistically, it is more probable that you are going to have a higher CTR if your traffic is low.

ReadyToGo, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  9. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience, you have your greatest variations in CTR when your numbers are low so high CTRs are more likely with lower numbers of pageviews.

Plotting CTR vs Impressions is more apt to give you a wedge-shaped scatter graph.

Adpubster, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  10. pud

pud Peon

Best Answers:
    How can there be a safe CTR? Nobody can anyone predict what their visitors will do, neither can google. If its legitimate traffic, google doesn't care what your ctr is.

pud, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  11. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    That's why there are no magic numbers and why Google won't give a definitive answer on it...because it can't.

1. Low impressions and low CTR...no cousins.
    2. Low impressions and high CTR...one really dedicated cousin.
    3. High impressions and high CTR...lotsa cousins and they all got onboard with the scam.
    4. High impressions and low CTR...lotsa cousins viewing but most are ethical.

And I can come up with as many ridiculous situations for legitimate values, too.

12. pete38

pete38 Peon

Best Answers:
    http://5-top-sites.com/1/Diet/
    They should have at least a CTR of 40%

pete38, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  13. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    If it were worded:

Man I'd love to see a legitimate website with a CTR that is over 10-15%..

then that one doesn't really qualify! Very MFAish

14. druidelder

druidelder Peon

Best Answers:
    I work on a fairly high traffic site (just under 350K pageviews/day). I'm happy when our CTR is above 1%. High traffic sites are less likely to have high CTR. Here are the reasons that I have come up with:

1) People come to the site to view the content of that site. They will drill down several pages before leaving (ad, closing browser, etc...).

2) High traffic sites tend to have fairly large amounts of content over a broad range of topics (even if the topics are all related).

3) Ads are not targeted to the audience well in this situation. They are targeted to the page just fine, but most users come in through the front door. The ads they see on most pages don't interest them that much.

4) High traffic site users hate ads. They see your site and think with this many people using it they must be successful. They don't stop to think that when you offer a free service, you have to get money somewhere.

druidelder, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  15. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    You know not of what you speak my friend. CTR's of over 20% and 30% are very common -- if not for an entire site, at least for pages within the site. I'm basing by answer on my own experience -- you're obviously basing yours on your experience. Our experiences are very different. Cheers.

stackman, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  16. mihaidamianov

mihaidamianov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, for webpages that have a picture and adsense ads maybe. I was talking about 'real' websites.

It's not that hard to trick people into clicking on ads, especially when you limit the amount of other links on that webpage. <- based on my experience. But for a real site with useful content and somewhat user-friendly interface it is damn difficult to raise that CTR value over 10%.

mihaidamianov, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  17. adiace

adiace Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep 30% is very common, two of my sites yesterday had CTRs around 60% and 45% (averages around 50% daily) and they both had impressions in the high xxx range. Google said the sites are TOS compliant, so.... :D

adiace, Apr 2, 2007 IP
    GTech likes this.
  18. adcents

adcents Peon

Best Answers:
    Your question sounds like you are trying to commit fraud. Why would you need to know the "max safe CTR"? Safe?!?. If you are following the terms then any reasonable CTR is safe. The only control of your CTR is your ad placement and site design.

BTW, they monitor more than just the CTR. Instead of working your tail off to steal from the system... work your tail off to do it legit... in the long run you will make much more $.

adcents, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  19. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    my average for all my sites is around 3-5% for a months average..my highest ctr on a site is around 7%

templates, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  20. Neptune

Neptune Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All this talk about high ctr when I cannot get mine higher then .10 ahahahaha

Neptune, Apr 2, 2007 IP