1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Account Disabled Today

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by jjo, Aug 8, 2005.

1. jjo

jjo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, this morning my site(s) aren't showing ads. I guess I'm done.

It's no big deal, I guess. I was only averaging $3/day. In retrospect, I was spending WAY too much time on my site(s) to get to that $3. It was becoming an addiction. This freed me up for other things (like Yahoo?).

My site(s) will continue; I just need to find some filler to take up the empty spaces left by Google.

For the rest of you, be aware that Google will possibly someday do the same to any one of you.

[​IMG]

jjo, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  2. mrs.pinksox

mrs.pinksox Peon

Best Answers:
    that sucks! I went on to see if hopefully you had been reinstated and saw no ads beneath your pictures. you should join some affiliate merchants and fill the spaces with their ads (although i dont know how much money you can make with that because thats what ive been doing and for all the tons of clicks they get, still no sales reported) but yup, google is a rat! It bugs me because after surfing around looking at other adsense sites i see alot of them in violation of tos and google still keeps them on (but they are big ones). heck, google could give a flying rats butt about us, the money we were making them was just a drop in the bucket. so what do they care. BUt dare they tempt us, tease us, pay us then dump us? NOT FAIR! I hope they go DOWN! good to see yahoo in first place.

oh also...i think it was your picture placement that got you banned...not invalid clicks. i had the same thing on mine and now after reading all these boards am seeing that is a major no no... and now am sure thats why they banned me also.

mrs.pinksox, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  3. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats sad happened to you. Getting banned from google is really making publishers' nights sleepless. I dont see the google ads on your site now. I think, someone might have clicked more than 4-5 times on ur ads some day. and poor you got punished!! This is really not good. But you have much more opportunities in the online advertising world. Go to cj.com, clicksor.com... now Yahoo is also ready for you... cheers bro!!

maverick, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  4. kniveswood

kniveswood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But wasnt there cases where the webmasters reported and instead of getting any help they got banned?

kniveswood, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  5. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I did have a bit of sympathy for you... at one point.. Think it is probably gone now.

aeiouy, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  6. jjo

jjo Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a blessing in disguise; I think now I'll get to enjoy the summer weather instead of obsessing on my $3/day.

I'll see you on Yahoo.

jjo, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  7. iMacFlats

iMacFlats Active Member

Best Answers:
    Time to clean house folks...

I have one primary site which is doing fantastic. A real site with a real purpose. No built for adsense. Based upon all the information I found on this site and other sites, I explored making sites for adsense only purposes. These sites pailed in comparison to my primary site, but none-the-less, generate revenue and seemed to catch Google (the search engine) favor with lots of page impressions and click throughs.

A few weeks ago... those sites turned to mush. Although still indexed by Google, they are basically history. Almost no clicks, no impressions... no adsense revenue. After some further research I have found that even my non-unqiue articles on my primary site (which this is not primary content) is dropping daily like dead flies. However, my unique content is still holding strong.

I think Google has found the a way to clean up the "Adsense Spam" sites. I also think they are cleaning up the "waste". Before they have time too, I already have and I am putting 100% of my effort in my site that I had long before Adsense came into my life.

I love Adsense. I want them to love me.

iMacFlats, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  8. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google is hitting hard the ODP junk sites and the article copying sites as well.

lorien1973, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  9. seobits

seobits Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheer Up, You are not alone. I was banned for reason out of my control. You could view the thread here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=23870

So a piece of advice for other publishers. Wait for your turn as you don't know when will G axe fall on you without a mistake.

seobits, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  10. syedwasi87

syedwasi87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah its true anyone can be kicked out! who knows whether its ure rival clicking or something

syedwasi87, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  11. Jiraiya

Jiraiya Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't be surprised if in the next few years Google goes evil on us.

Jiraiya, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  12. fine

fine Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO, adsense disabled so many publishers and won't let them come back. They just trained good publishers for Yahoo! since I think they will cherish the chance Yahoo provides.
    =====================
    JAVA, jAVAscript
    shout out here

fine, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  13. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say the downward decline in G was its IPO. They had to protect shareholders and launched trademark infringement lawsuits, etc.

With a little ad competition from Y it might be a little faster, so I agree.

tom

TommyD, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  14. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Well if these "trained publishers" pull the same tricks at yahoo; for the advertisers' sake, I hope yahoo is just as strict.

lorien1973, Aug 10, 2005 IP
    TommyD likes this.
  15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yup, seems that Yahoo will just start getting all these rats that are getting kicked out of Adsense for "no reason"

fryman, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  16. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah not sure I would want to be one of the first advertisers on Yahoo's ship unless you were getting a heck of a deal. Every scammer and scrammer around is going to be standing in line for a chance to display yahoo ads.

aeiouy, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  17. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't know that Fryman. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. Sure some that cry wolf are cheaters but some are, I am sure, sincere. I find this rash of people being kicked out a bit disturbing. Particularly as it seems you are not allowed any discussion afterwards to figure out what you have done wrong. Does the guy who started this thread seem like a rat to you? He doesn't to me.

e10, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  18. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    He violated TOS. Put images right above the ads. And later compares google to nazis? Come on now.

lorien1973, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  19. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Anyone who gets banned by Google seems like a rat to me, e10. I am surprised by your post, I'd expect that kind of comment from someone with 5 posts, not from an experienced member... I mean, we are talking about Google here!

It is very easy to just come here crying saying you got banned from Adsese for no reason at all and saying that you are pure good and help the old ladies cross the street... but do you really believe that with the huge technology Google has they would be doing these banns by mistake? And I know that Google doesn't give specific details, but I would love to hear their version of the story... I am just sure they would prove each case.
    However, I have seen this happen over and over at other forums, specially WMW, where they just love to uncover the crooks. "innocent" webmasters end up crawling they way out once other members prove they are crooks.

fryman, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  20. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I always remind myself that when Google bans someone from Adsense they are cutting into their own profitability - I don't think they hand out bans as easily as a lot of people would lead you to believe.

GuyFromChicago, Aug 10, 2005 IP