1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google "Add URL" graphic confirmation

Discussion in 'Google' started by dpak, Aug 9, 2005.

I just wanted to get some other people's opinion on this one. On the google "add url" page, there is a graphic used to determine if you are really a person submitting the site, or if you are an auto submit robot.

The field is optional and says:
    I don't think google gives out a ranking hit for using that form (as was already discussed in the other thread), but if they weren't going to give a penalty to human submission or auto submission, why would they have the graphic to tell them who/what submitted?

Is it your placement in the spider queue that gets changed? Is it your ranking that gets changed?

Thoughts?

dpak, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    huh? :confused:

Crazy_Rob, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  3. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    I also not exactly sure what you want to know.. But as far as I see it.. It's just the security picture when you submit a website to google's index. And it has nothing todo with ranking or penalties.

As show in the attachment there's a code that you have to type in when processing the form. Which in this case is 'forsne' now a robot can read this text that I just typed but the robot cannot see text in the picture. Google has taken this security matter so spammers cannot auto submit many sites to the google index.

I don't really see the point of submitting the site to google via this form, just set up links to your site and the spiders will follow. Maby submit the sitemap to google, but that's an whole different ballgame. https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/login Take a look at the sitemaps, it's an helping hand to get a full index in google.

Attached Files:

WhatiFind, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  4. dpak

dpak Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, so do you think if you don't fill in that text Google will ignore the submission? In which case any auto submit program to google will never work?

I just find it strange that it says "optional". If they don't allow automatic submission, then why wouldn't they just make that field required?

dpak, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  5. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    Hmm I just checked it, it's indeed strange that you can submit the form without typing the text. But hey! don't submit to the search engines, just use inbound links it get your site into google!

WhatiFind, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  6. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a thought, but could that be to get around disabled-access legal problems? If they required the captcha text, they would have to have another way for blind (or otherwise disabled persons) to submit sites.

Since it's considered 'optional' they don't have to worry about any of that.

crew, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  7. dpak

dpak Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good point crew... that could be it. In which case they would still be treating them unfairly by dropping those submissions, but I guess they would have covered off any legal problems.

dpak, Aug 10, 2005 IP