1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Account Disabled Today

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by jjo, Aug 8, 2005.

1. tflight

tflight Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I've always felt the way they described it was rather confusing. However I asked for clarification from them and they agreed with my understanding. With that said I've never used it since it seems to be too many ads on most any page.

tflight, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  2. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it's true that the fourth will no longer be displayed. But I don't know if it will be a problem if we inserted more then 3 codes of ad units.

kawebspy, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  3. mrs.pinksox

mrs.pinksox Peon

Best Answers:
    jjo, i also received that dreaded email late last week and have been busy filling my "adsense" websites with affiliate ads. They emailed me the day after the close of an $1100 mo. so I wont be seeing any of that money!! I am pissed to say the least and especially since i have in the past week sent them numerous emails for any facts they have of click fraud and they totally ignore every one of them...absolutely NO communication from them at all! So they'll take that $1100 and payback the advertiser that was overclicked and pocket the rest. And for all my hard work??? Yup Im ticked!And NO, I did not click on my ads or have others do so, infact I instructed people who knew i made money with adsense NOT TO CLICK! SO what kind of protection is there for us publishers from the random clicker that may overclick on our sites? NONE!! Lesson learned...don't get TOO comfortable with your adsense revenue, people, because any minute, any hour, any day that money carpet may be pulled out from under you....except of course for the large publishers who get mega hits a day. Yeah, google loves them...

mrs.pinksox, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've gone over each of your sites and I'm at a loss as to why they would terminate you. Everything I see other than than one thing I thought might have been an issue (which it seems wasn't) looks like it complies. Needless to say wait until you hear back from them and hopefully you'll get them to reconsider. I've read of others who have gotten back in after "calmly" (a real key there) trying to plead their case. So good luck.

Ian

Ian, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  5. jjo

jjo Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps Google isn't the wonderful, fantastic company I thought it was.

If I hear nothing back, and am not reinstated, I will totally STOP using any Google product.

That'll barely scratch the surface, but I'd feel better.

Maybe Google is getting too high on themselves.

(I'm glad I have a Yahoo email and not a GMail...)

jjo, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  6. jjo

jjo Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's the email I sent them: I think it's very calm, collective, and polite. If Google doesn't give me an answer, then screw them. ;)

--

I am quite puzzled as to why my account was
    disabled today.

In your email, you note that there were "invalid clicks" generated on
    my site. I can assure you that I do NOT participate in any fraudulent
    activity to increase my clicks, nor do I purposely click on my own ads.

If there were invalid clicks, could someone ELSE be clicking on my ads
    to purposely get me banned? If so, aren't there fail-safes in place on
    your end to prevent this?

If it is a design issue, please tell me where I am in violation, so I
    can remedy the situation and be reinstated.

I like to think of myself as someone who plays by the rules. I would
    like to continue to participate in your program, but I need to know how
    I can be permitted to continue.

Thank you.

jjo, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  7. mrs.pinksox

mrs.pinksox Peon

Best Answers:
    My thoughts exactly, JJo! I did send them some "very nice" tactful and friendly emails, only asking that they check my stats again, that perhaps they made an error and that I in NO WAY was aware of any fraudulent clicks. But by my third email I was getting less tactlful and just asked politely that it would be nice if they would atleast email me back (what most decent professional companies would do!) but i think you are right..they are getting too high on themselves.
    yesterday I switched my default search engine back to yahoo. I seriously doubt they will be emailing me back if i havent heard from them by now.

GO YAHOO!!!

8. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

I agree with this. They are way too vague on this and just issue a generic click fraud message for pretty much anything. I think they need to do a MUCH better job of properly informing people of what they are accused of doing, when they are banning them.

Imagine being arrested by the police and then being told it was for doing something wrong.

Fact is on very rare ocassions innocent people will get caught in the process. It is reasonable people know why they were suspended in order to provide proper rebuttal if they feel they were unjustly removed.

aeiouy, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  9. jjo

jjo Peon

Best Answers:
    mrs.pinksox,

Did your ads continue to properly display even after you got the "banned" email?

Mine are, and according to my account, I'm still getting credited for clicks.

jjo, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  10. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

After seeing many of these issues, and usually being suspect of people whom have these issues, I have to say you are one of the few I think is probably actually legitimate. I would preach patience to you. I sent google an e-mail early this weekend requesting a clarification on something. I got a response back late this morning. Then I sent a follow-up to request some further information and I have not yet heard back from them.

Persistance and patience are going to be important if you want to work things out. Provide all the relevant information you spelled out here. Your daily averages, how they have not changed, or when they did change why they did change. Then you will have to wait. If you don't get a response file a follow up in a few days. And then wait.. And do it again.

Good luck

aeiouy, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  11. mrs.pinksox

mrs.pinksox Peon

Best Answers:
    i received the email around 5 PM and my ads displayed til the next morning ...then they appeared as white blocks. ( Sheesh it sounds like we are diagnosing some disease here!)
    BUT, I could not log into adsense at all from the time I received the email. This is what showed up when I tried to log in. Atleast you received "payment on hold" message....maybe there is still hope for you!

Account Not Active
    An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as it is associated with an unapproved application. For more information about your application, please review the message we sent to the email address you provided with your application.

What kills me is there was NO WARNING, no proof given of click fraud or anything!! Just kicked me off...BAMMMM...like that!! I do blogs to promote my websites and am thinking some kids were playing and clicking for fun, as I read about that on another forum. Still, it is TOTALLY unfair that they do not provide any facts or information with their decision and just kick you off!

12. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    BS...

First of all, Google has enough power to be able to figure out if someone else was trying to hurt you with false clicks.

Then, in case you got a sudden boost of false clicks, if you were a responsible webmaster you would of noticed it straight away and notified Google for any strange activity.

You just got a bann out of nowhere? Give me a break... Google is waaaay more intelligent than you think...

fryman, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  13. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Its business as usual for Google. They dont care about what happens to the small publishers. I guess the small publishers are just a way for them to meet their quarterly earnings forecasts. Everyone should be prepared to recieve those dreaded mails in their inboxes. If you are lucky you wont get them. If you aint...try something else. Maybe the entry on Yahoo and MSN into this segment will make Google more careful.

sachin410, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  14. jjo

jjo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it came out of nowhere. I check my stats daily, it's almost an addiction. I posted my forst 8 days of August in the first post of this thread. I have never seen a dramatic increase in clicks.

Although I don't have to prove anything to you, Fryman, I will post all of July if you'd like. It's very similar to the way August was headed (I averaged 24 clicks per day in July).

jjo, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  15. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    JJO one thing you are focusing on way to much is the reason they provided you, 'invalid clicks' could mean anything from someone was actually clicking on your ads over and over, to you werent making enough money to be deemed worthwhile to keep in the program, and thus your clicks are all 'invalid'.

invalid clicks is why they tell everyone they are banned, I dont think anyone has even been banned and given another reason besides 'Invalid Clicks' for the banning. The justification behind that is whatever you did to break the rules, made your clicks invalid, and thus you were kicked for invalid clicks.

Worldwid, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  16. freshprince

freshprince Peon

Best Answers:
    man that sucks
    hope that you get it back

freshprince, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  17. bluelarva

bluelarva Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm.. I wonder if Google will be little more careful about banning users when Yahoo's competing publishing network comes online. I do hope there will be a healthy competition and viable alternative in the targeted advertisement market soon. I was hoping Google get into micropayment business to compete against paypal but it doesn't look that that's happening.

bluelarva, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  18. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Fryman, I wonder sometimes if you bother to read a thread.
    There clearly wasn't any great jump in impressions or clicks so wtf was he supposed to report.
    I'm convinced that G send out the 'invalid click' email whenever banning anyone - reason: if you're breaching any point of the TOS then the clicks are invalid.
    The fact that he can still log into their adsense account and their site is still showing ads is a bit unusual, it says to me the G are looking into something - if it were fraudulent clicks then they can't log in iirc and ads aren't displayed.

jlawrence, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  19. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is such nonsense, I pray every day that the yahoo program starts full swing and they accept me. I for one am jumping ship and leaving here as soon as it happens.

It's nonsense to be banned so easily for the same robotic email reasons.

If this keeps up adsense won't have anyone left to ban once yahoo does launch officialy.

I am so sorry to see anyone get banned. But I have no doubts that a lot of folks get banned becuase they click their own ads a lot or violate some obscure part of the TOS. But I also see that it looks to be very robotic, and google has the whole thing automated so if they get one complaint against your site, boom your gone. If someone sits and clicks on your ads, boom your gone........

Why would any of us stay in such a program ? I will not stay, even if I was making $100 a day, the threat of being under a gun constantly is not worth the money or effort anymore.

bluegill_catcher, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  20. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the case in point shows that it's not just a case of 'boom you're gone'.
    As I've said in a previous thread, there is a world of difference between having your account 'BANNED' and having it 'SUSSPENDED'. I know someone who after investigation got their suspended account fully reinstated.
    If you're banned, then your site will no longer display ads, if you're susspended then the site will continue to display ads until the outcome of whatever investigation G are doing.
    It'll be interesting to hear what G come back with - if anything.

jlawrence, Aug 9, 2005 IP