1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Syndication is content duplicacy or not??

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by delhi.seo, Mar 27, 2007.

Hi Guys,

i am planing to add one SEO news section to syndicate SEO related news and articles from many resources.I wanted to know, is it right to syndicate article content Or it will create some content duplicacy problem for me?

Thanks

delhi.seo, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  2. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are worried about suffering from a content duplication penalty, you could slightly rewrite the material to be syndicated so that it is somewhat different from the versions on your site. They could be shorter, with your site having the best version. Similarly, one article might become three syndicated articles.

You also need to balance this worry against the benefit of having back links in your syndicated pieces from highly relevent sites -- and the chance those links will also result in more highly motivated visitors.

But, why am I telling an SEO guy this kind of stuff? You should be telling me what are the implications of syndicating my content on my site's search engine ranking.

clancey, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  3. jiosis

jiosis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess he means that, He wants to use other website's rss feeds on his site.

jiosis, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  4. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    When evaluating a website's traffic it is easy to see that syndicated content can increase a website's value.

Sites that contain multiple pages related to a specific topic increase the likelihood of being 'found' when a variety of search phrases are used for that topic.

That is probably the answer to the question.

shuttle, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  5. ShiftChip

ShiftChip Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could always make the category the syndicated posts are going to not crawlable.

ShiftChip, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  6. jgjg

jgjg Peon

Best Answers:
    I think as long as the articles are really good and from a bunch of different resources, it might not have too much of a bad effect and could increase traffic. However if you pull all your articles from one articles site, it might lower your rank.

----------------------------------------------
    Sensational, Profit Pulling Sales Copy
    For Your Website & Email Promotions
    http://www.SalesLetterKit.com

jgjg, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  7. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    To avoid duplicate content penalties, make sure you check for plagiarism using Article Checker

webmasterlabor.com, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  8. delhi.seo

delhi.seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys Thanks a lot for your reply(s).

delhi.seo, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  9. ecart

ecart Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Post it on your site first and make sure it's indexed. Then it will be considered the root source. The other pages will get tagged a dup cont.

2. Add additional content (at least 150 words) to the first and last paragraph of the article on your site.

ecart, Mar 31, 2007 IP