1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Misspellings and typos

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by flip, Mar 20, 2007.

Holy cow, this is a basic question, don't shoot me. :)
    How do you capitalize on (no pun intended) typos and misspellings? With broad or phrase or exact matching? I've never done this before...

flip, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  2. Adwords2004

Adwords2004 Banned

Best Answers:
  3. Loud Mouth Soup

Loud Mouth Soup Peon

Best Answers:

Depends, just as with any word or phrase.

I have misspellings for single words, which are more common than multiple words in the campaigns I run. So I keep these broad.

I only go in to phrase or exact if it's a common phrase or commonly used in that order. And, of course, the misspelling is common. I've cut many other misspellings out because they weren't doing anything, while others drive a nice bit of traffic.

Loud Mouth Soup, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  4. www.infoebookstore.co.uk

www.infoebookstore.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Think about how people say (pronounce) things and that may give you some ideas for mispellings. I will give you an example.

The town I live in is called Altrincham. It is pronounced Altringham.

I did a trial on Adwords and approximately 10% of the impressions were for the misspelling of the name. The benefit was that the CPC was much lower for the misspelling and the average position was much much higher.

The problem I have found is that if you search for Altringham, Google will prompt you and say "did you mean Altrincham" and I suspect many will notice their error and navigate away from that page.

5. Spider Ninja

Spider Ninja Peon

Best Answers:
    here's a good place to generate typos

(a bit of self promo ;-)

Spider Ninja, Mar 30, 2007 IP