1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned for reasons out of my control

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by seobits, Aug 7, 2005.

1. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Aw, come on, man, you really just chasing your own tail. If you are expecting to get an answer here, you won't, you will just get all kind of wild guesses, if you are really innocent (although I must confess that among hundreds of cases I have only seen one or 2 with innocent webmasters getting kicked out of Adsense), then you need to deal with Google

fryman, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  2. seobits

seobits Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I am not sure of my innocence. I might have done something wrong which I wanted to know. It has been 5 days and no response from G. That is why I am trying to find possible reasons and overall it might help people at this forum who are using Adsense of the possible precautions they might take other then clicking ads themselves.

The possible reasons for no response from G could be that I am a defaulter or they are for which they don’t want to admit. You could see with there conflicting response:

Reasons given: Mail no 1
    It has come to our attention that invalid clicks have been generated on
    the ads on your web pages.

Clarification seeked: Mail no. 2

Your AdSense account was found to be related to an account previously
    disabled for invalid click activity and we have therefore disabled your
    account.

Could this be the reason that my site might be linking to a site which is banned from adsense.

seobits, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, I link to hundreds of sites, how could I know if one of them just got banned by adsense?

What that emails is saying is that you wre previously banned and then signed up for another account.

fryman, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  4. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    The email never says that.

super_kid, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Do you know how to read?

fryman, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  6. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I do. I ask myself that question about you, tho. :)

The email says his account is related to one that was previously banned. That's open to intepretation, and doesn't necesseraly mean the banned account was his. ;)

7. seobits

seobits Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am sure that is what G is saying in that mail. If that is what they mean then their system is faulty. I have only signed for adsense once and I owning that account since last one year.

I think tomorrow if I get a mail that I do not exist: I will not be surprised:rolleyes:

seobits, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  8. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    Besides, he's right. Both reasons given from Google seem to contradict themselves, first they say he's farming clicks, and then that he's related to someone who did that...?

9. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way, a question: How come Google bans people, and even allows them to re-register?

10. seobits

seobits Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way, will my 4 figure earnings for 2 months would really go to advertisers as stated in mail.

seobits, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  11. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, some adwords users say that they sometimes get refunds which we assume must be from fraudulent clicks. It would be wrong for google to lie about somthing like that, they won't keep the money, if they think it was fraud they will have to return it.

SHT, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  12. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a shame you also got banned, I hate for it to happen to anyone.
    I wonder how many of us regulars will still be here in say 6 months from now even, seems were dropping like flies. It's like google rolls the dice and someone elses number comes up.........

I for one am waiting for yahoo's official launch. It doesn't appear google cares really, or is worried at all about dropping people, or implementing changes without polling members etc. It's all up to them and nobody else.
    Maybe that is the way a big business has to function to survive, but it sure sucks in the public relations or as far as us little employees go.........

I guess I would suck as a business owner, because I just couldnt drop or treat someone like that, if you were banned, I would make darn sure you really deserved it, and after a warning about what it is that you are doing wrong, not just sending someone a termination letter, saying sorry, you made a mistake, bye..... don't come back.

bluegill_catcher, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  13. wlh

wlh Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe it had something to do with the domain name? Maybe the previous owner was once banned... since they recently became a registered domain registrar they can now have a whole lot more data to compare and sort through...

wlh, Aug 7, 2005 IP
    e10 likes this.
  14. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I would highly doubt any of those would be reasons.

Do you have any idea whom this connection might be with? After thinking about it... did something click in the back of your mind saying that might be it?

If you are truely without any guilt, then I suggest you be very polite and very persistant with Google. I would only advise this though if your house is totally in order, which means you have not been clicking on your own ads, you have no knowledge of anyone else doing such a thing on your behalf, even without your direct knowledge, that you don't violate any of the site violations as far as drawing attention to your ads, hidden text etc etc. If you are and have been totally compliant, then I would suggest you pursue them to resolve this issue favorably.

If you have been in violation of the TOS in any major way, then they might just ignore you.

aeiouy, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  15. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is an interesting (and scary) thought, though surely you can´t be held responsible for the shennanigans of a site's previous owner. How long have you had the domain, SEObits?

e10, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  16. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How did you ask for reply? Did you send them mail as if you still have an account?

That for me refers to your just disabled account.

Arnie, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  17. seobits

seobits Peon

Best Answers:
    My website is 2 years old and I don't think there is any problem with website name or its previous owner. I am successfully running adsense since last 1.5 years. After all the discussions here and going through the views of others, still I am not sure for the possible reasons.

By going through the mails I am sure that there is no fraudulent activity on my side but my account got banned due to fraudulent activity of someone else who is related to me or my websites. How he is related could not be answered by a robot so I have got no response from the G. Might be they are short of customer service executives.

seobits, Aug 10, 2005 IP