1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$5000 mark

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by bsdfan, Aug 7, 2005.

I saw several threads mentioning the $5k mark which is safer for the membership, is that backed by some proof or just a random guess? Thanks!

bsdfan, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  2. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    First, huh?

Second, per month, per day, or in my case per life-time?

tom

TommyD, Aug 7, 2005 IP
    bsdfan likes this.
  3. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about, membership, proof, er what :confused:

dct, Aug 7, 2005 IP
    bsdfan likes this.
  4. gcarlson

gcarlson Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he's asking: If you make more than $5,000 per month on adsense, does that make you less likely to get banned by Google. Perhaps because they see you as contributing more to their bottom line.

I would think that the more you make, the more likely Google is to work with you to correct any TOS situations. (Unless you blatantly disregard the TOS). I'd figure if you're making $5,000/month, you're safely in the top 20 percentile of earners which means that as a group, you bring in 80% of Google's revenue for Adsense. It makes sense for them to devote more time to these publishers.

gcarlson, Aug 7, 2005 IP
    bsdfan likes this.
  5. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I get EFTs well over $5k each month from google. They haven't devoted any time to me :p.

Whether you are "safe" or not, of course, depends on how the money is generated. If you are doing it correctly, you are always "safe" if you are not, then you are not.

lorien1973, Aug 7, 2005 IP
    dct likes this.
  6. bsdfan

bsdfan Guest

Best Answers:
    http://www.m-w.com/

bsdfan, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  7. bsdfan

bsdfan Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think all webmasters banned from AdSense did something wrong, someone can ruin your account.

bsdfan, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  8. bsdfan

bsdfan Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the clarification, that's exactly my point. I don't need their support, but in case someone tries to trash my account, I hope Google can investigate the case instead of a standard email.

bsdfan, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  9. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I reckon you could have worded your question a bit better so idiots like me knew what you were asking, I'm with several members above me on this, it's not how much you earn but what you do that would lead to a ban. If you follow the terms don't worry about it just get on with building your sites.

dct, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  10. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I really hate the adsense paranoia on these forums. It was dying down a bit now it is raising back up again. We see a miniscule fraction of adsense publishers get banned, who most seem to have legitimate reasons for having been banned and everyone worries about getting banned.

I wonder if Google likes or dislikes this level of paranoia.

aeiouy, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  11. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    fear is not very often a bad thing.

lorien1973, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  12. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. I've seen a lot of paranoia about Adsense, and most of the people asking questions about being banned knows they are purposely violating the TOS to make a quick buck, and are trying to "feel out" if they'll get caught. Of course there are people banned for no reason, but I'm willing to bet those are a small minority. At least, I'm going by the number of "made-for-Adsense" sites I see here on a regular basis. I mean, damn, just look at some of those "blogs" people have linked to their names, especially by those guys who can't even spell or say the word Mesothelioma, much less "write" a blog about it.

toocoolforschool, Aug 8, 2005 IP
    bsdfan likes this.
  13. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    We have accounts (all different companies) in the 5-10k/month range and have had no issues. I admit it's nothing more than paranoia/superstition, but we try to keep accounts under 10k/month because at some level you have to be asking for a manual review. We don't do anything terribly naughty, but we definitely flirt with the line on a few of of the TOS items and so we'd prefer to not have a detailed review of our sites ;)

Nitin M, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  14. bsdfan

bsdfan Guest

Best Answers:
    How do you define "made-for-Adsense"? I don't think there are any rules to judge it. If there is no adsense program at all, how many people here will say they still created all their sites regardless?

Please don't create excuse for Google to ban the poor webmasters, I'm sure they are smarter than you and most of us. They know what they are doing.

bsdfan, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  15. bsdfan

bsdfan Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input. I almost sent out my personal optimization request, but realized that it might be not a good idea to have a manual review. :D

bsdfan, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  16. Kasparoff

Kasparoff Peon

Best Answers:
    If all your huge traffic come from legitimate sources, you shouldn't be worried that your account would be suspended. If you are a contributing user, you can earn a lot of money, even $5,000.

Kasparoff, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  17. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it takes a rocket scientist nor a google engineer to determine if a site is designed for actual users to benefit from, or if it is simply designed to attract traffic for specific topics and try and funnel them out.

Do people with content-rich and end-user focus sites maximize their ability to make money with adsense and other advertising? Sure, they do. But if you block the ads off a site and then look at it and say what is the point of this site, I think you know. Some are just incredibly blatant.

aeiouy, Aug 9, 2005 IP