1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you need PR to rank?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by chris20492002, Mar 28, 2007.

Just curious if you need PR to gain position 1 in a google search?

also whats the quickest way to gain PR the next update?

chris20492002, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  2. SEOBoy

SEOBoy Banned

Best Answers:
    It doesnt plays important roll in determining, whether you can rank or not.

SEOBoy, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  3. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    No you do not need pr and i have seen sites with no backlinks rank high.

It all depends on search terms. I see sites with no meta tags or keywords do well. If your terms have little competition you do not need a good pr or alot of links.

If your after search terms that have alot of copetition you will need alot of pr and links.

rcj662, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  4. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you need some pr to rank for some terms. Now to the two guys above me who said you don't need pr to rank, which one of you think you can rank for the keyword "travel" without pr? :rolleyes:

Now just because you need pr to help rank your sites, pr is not the "say all end all", because pr is not the only factor used to help rank your website. There are other things such as links and seo.

windtalker, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  5. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:

I never believe in this conventional SEO theory that PR is not required for high SERPs. PR is absolutely vital for competitive search terms.

Just type a competitive search term on Google and check PR of first 100 sites --you will hardly get 10 sites less than PR4. Most of the sites are PR5+.

While Google does not determine SERPs on the basis of PR--(the main criteria being Relevancy of contents to the search term or phrase) -- when bots can not find enough good relevant site --they bring on high PR sites randomly on top positions.

So --my SLOGAN for SERPs --

Content is the King --PR is the queen --links are prince:D

jhnrang, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  6. edhan

edhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR does not really boost up search engines result. I believe that with quality content and relevant sites linking will help in terms of search engines result.

Regards
    Edward Han

edhan, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  7. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please read my Slogan -- I said that only ! The formost thing to rank on SEs is content --rich and unique content at that. Then comes PR. Please do a search with some competitive search phrase ---and see which sites come inside top 100. Please let me know how many sites inside top 100 are below PR4.

While PR is not the most important thing --it does help a lot --quite a lot for SERPs.

jhnrang, Mar 28, 2007 IP
    MeetHere likes this.
  8. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you need backlinks and site optimization for the serp to get good ranking and the pr is a number which is calculated with formula . pr is calculated for only fun

trichnosis, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  9. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aslong as you follow the rules your site will rank high with or without pagerank, if its w3c standard and has a nice ammount of relevant links it could come higher than sites with pagerank

Jasonb, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  10. boyponga

boyponga Banned

Best Answers:
    No, PR is not important in terms of ranking in SERPs

Backlinks for SERP? Well I see sites ranked high in Google and yet, their Google backlinks is 0 having 8,000,000+ competitors

boyponga, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  11. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Links is the key
    The queqest + to get ranks you need Links olso to get PR you need links but PR is not so important

w3bmaster, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  12. chrisbroad

chrisbroad Peon

Best Answers:
    If your keyword has more competition then PR and back links helps site to get in SERP.but if keyword has less competition then there is noo need to do a lot of work to optimize ur site.

chrisbroad, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  13. Janna122003

Janna122003 Banned

Best Answers:
    You don't need to gain PR to get on top of SERP. You just need to get more quality backlinks and text content on your site to gain PR.

Janna122003, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  14. mabel01

mabel01 Banned

Best Answers:
    you don't need a PR to be in a position 1 of google search. All you need is to get your site be well optimized and do link building! :)

mabel01, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  15. veridicus

veridicus Peon

Best Answers:
    PR importance is not a yes/no question. It's simply one of over 100 factors in determining where you are in SERPs. Therefore it has more importance for competitive search terms. It's as simple as that.

But the point of PR is to show high in SERPs so you get more traffic. But if you simply focus on getting good traffic than PR will be less relevant to you.

veridicus, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  16. kirby009

kirby009 Peon

Best Answers:
    it's all a guessing game . Whatever you think you'll get traffic with. is the best way.

kirby009, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  17. boyponga

boyponga Banned

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, link building is just to improve your link popularity, on-page optimization is the best method to increase SERP ranking. Some sites have no Google backlinks but still, they go to the top position.

boyponga, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  18. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    High SERP comes after good links and PR comes after good links too, so there is a correlation

grg, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  19. boyponga

boyponga Banned

Best Answers:
    SERP depends on the keywords found in the site and the age of the site. I saw a website that contains 0 Google backlinks but it is placed in number 4 in SERP using the keyword "The wonder years DVD", the site is www[dot]thewonderyearsdvd[dot]com. The site has a PR of 1.

boyponga, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  20. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    True, but not quite. There are better (stronger) links and weaker. Do you think which has more power to push your position up , PR0 or PR9? And if you have links from PR9, then your site get higher PR too. And that's it.

grg, Mar 30, 2007 IP