1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I went to making $400/month in six months!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by MilesB, Mar 28, 2007.

Hi I'm Miles. I've been with Adsense for some years. I was with them before but I got banned. A few years later I got my account reinstated and this time I promised myself to abide by Adsense rules.

So a fresh new start eh?
    Well it was very tough when I rejoined Adsense in the month of August 2006. As soon as I got accepted again I put adsense straight onto my site. NO optimisation at all on my side and with the 500 uniques I was getting a day I turned in a measely $19 for that month :(

New month dawning
    In Setember or so, I started becoming more active on webmaster forums, DigitalPoint in particular. I then found a fantastic trick that was great at the time. Images next to ads. This trick helped me greatly and I was amused at how my luck was changing. I thought to myself. 'Dam I am really going to make money out of this damned thing'. October ended, and combined with last months earnings I had $121. I was very pleased with myself.

October was a dismal month for me because my damned host went on holiday and neglected many of my emails saying my site was down. For almost the whole of October my site was down but someone I managed to make the payout, JUST, with $100 and a few cents.

In November a member of this forum, Wissam, introduced me to Swicki. At first I was very confused as to how it could benefit me and my site but then I started to realised. Swicki is your own personal search engine which you can have a cloud and portal display search results relating to your site. I put the search on my site and the Swicki became more popular with 500 searches a day, the Swicki script estimated my Swicki was worth $200. In that month I made a fantastic $170

In December I optimised my site's ass off. I made a VERY appealing image (hehe I really got it of Wissam's site) related to my sites niche and stuck it by the ads. (Speaking of ads, I recommend using 250x300 because it is a very nice shape and many people click it as it can be easilyt made to look like content. I really detest 468x60 web banner ads, people are ad blind to them.) Anyway I made quite alot of money with my site combined with my swicki. My Swicki was getting 4000 searches a day and was worth $100k, surprisingly it earned me more money that my site. But in a way it balances its self out because my Swicki is available on my site. At the end of the month I was looking for to the cheque for $300 that would be sent out/

In January Adsense made a very controversial change to the system. They stopped permitting publishers from display images next to the ads. They said it unnecessarily brought attention to the ad. I thought that this was the end of my adsense career because a majority of my clicks relied of drawing users attention. I began to stress myself thinking of ways to generate more traffic therefore getting more clicks. SEO, the answer to my dreams. I started optimizing my site heavily for Search Engines. I got a tool called IBP 8(Google it, bloody awesome). It generated me fantastic keywords relating to my site and in a way I learnt off the program. It also helped me submit my site to many directories. I thought the month would end on a high but halfway through my host had errors with my site and my site went down. I just made the adsense payout with $100 and a few cents.

February started to look up for me. With all my Ad optimization, SEO and traffic I was easily on $10 day. Nothing dramatic happened in this month but I kept on promoting my site in whatever ways I could. I end this month with a new adsense record of $396.

So far this month has outplayed my predictions and has already got me past the $450 mark. I hope to get $480+ by the end of this month. Right now my Swicki is worth $500k o-o and my site gets 3k uniques daily.

I know I am not a big player in the Adsense world nor did I come here to brag my story but I thought it would help some new and old comers to Adsense and give them an idea of which directions to take.I am a UK Publisher btw. Feedback is appreciated and I will try to respond to all questions or queries in this topic, apart from url asking ones XD.

Cheers, Miles

MilesB, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  2. digital1

digital1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well done! Great work, MilesB. :)

digital1, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  3. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice little story! Why don't you share your site url? :)

Cypherus, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  4. MilesB

MilesB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For all those a little skeptical I will add an Adsense screehshot soon. Hahah Cypherus ;)

MilesB, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  5. greatlogix

greatlogix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great Job. Can we see swicki demo on your site

greatlogix, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  6. hmpargi

hmpargi Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice goodgoign dude :)

hmpargi, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  7. massiva

massiva Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like this personal storries. They are so better than stupid adsense books for MFA sites.

Good job man,,

I learn so much from DP, from 0 - 9$ a day from 8-Fev. until today

massiva, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  8. MilesB

MilesB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Heh, I put this story for inspiration. If you need any help can always contact me on messenger :D

MilesB, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  9. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think theres any need for the screenshot . Good Luck buddy . Keep working and keep earning !!

mixke, Mar 28, 2007 IP
    SEOBoy likes this.
  10. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations MilesB.

Would you mind telling the PR of your site and the total number of articles you have?

I hope you reach the $1000/month milestone next month :)

fluid, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  11. jambo182

jambo182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great stuff buddy. Your hard work has earned it.

jambo182, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  12. MilesB

MilesB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR 4, about 30 review articles and other content.

MilesB, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  13. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    So the lesson of the day, kids, is TRAFFIC = MORE MONEY. Got that? Now go and do your SEO instead of spending every hour checking your stats and wondering how if you've been click bombed, why you didn't get paid for those last 5 clicks, why your clicks are only worth .01 cent, or some other inane, pointless Adsense-theme paranoia.

TRAFFIC = MORE MONEY

jackburton2006, Mar 28, 2007 IP
    Burta likes this.
  14. gooner4ever

gooner4ever Peon

Best Answers:
    Any other experiences with IBP 9?

gooner4ever, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  15. sadcox

sadcox Peon

Best Answers:
    Great inspiring story MilesB! Thanks for sharing and for the info about Swicki. I plan on checking it out.

sadcox, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  16. MilesB

MilesB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes everyone should check out Swicki. gooner4ever, haven't used IPB 9 but I suspect it should be even better than 8

MilesB, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  17. butterfingers

butterfingers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Truly inspiring story! Keep up the good work.
    Now you can start aiming to shoot $1000 per month.

: )

butterfingers, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  18. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should think about changing your host , if it causes trouble with low traffic it will cause more problems in the future.

zangief, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  19. RaZoRLeGaCy

RaZoRLeGaCy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have inspired me to pick up the battle and SEO my first site. HellHorror.com

RaZoRLeGaCy, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  20. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think its always a fgood idea to have good host with an excellent support. Extremley cheap hosts are not cheap for a reason. They can let you down in a big way as soon as there is a problem.

qwestcommunications, Mar 28, 2007 IP