1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ExactSeek

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Cyclops, Jun 28, 2005.

Not Adwords but I thought it is worth a mention.
    I just signed up at ExactSeek for 12 ads to be run, cost $126.
    For this those 12 ads, each with their own keywords run for three months on approx 35 of the smaller search engines.

What I especially like about it is that their is no bidding for keywords and no charges for clicks or impressions. No worries about click fraud and all the other problems associated with adwords. plus, you retain your keyword term selection indefinitely. The number of listings per keyword or keyword phrase is limited to 30 and they are displayed equally on a rolling basis.
    If you have a term that has only been sold ten or less times, it will always be seen in the results every time the term is searched for.

And yes I do realise the traffic won't be that hot as not many people use these search engines but at $12 a term for three months for my best performing adwords terms it's worth a shot.

I will keep updating how it performs.

Cyclops, Jun 28, 2005 IP
  2. MarketingPro

MarketingPro Peon

Best Answers:
    I use the ExactSeek "featured ad" service you mention. On the good side, for an investment of only $4 a month per keyword per ad, you can afford to experiment around with your ad campaigns. (you can change the title and description in your ad unlimited times at no extra cost) On the down side, of the 35+ search engines they promote you on, a good number of them are down or not functioning properly a good deal of the time. All of my keywords are in the top 10, meaning I show up everytime my keyword is searched, and still receive very little traffic daily as a result. Obviously, if the ExactSeek network was up in the ranks of the major search engines, you would pay accordingly - so you are getting what you pay for.

Ron.

MarketingPro, Jul 3, 2005 IP
  3. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    So far It's working out okay for the amount it costs, I'm averaging 5 clicks per day for each ad I have running which if it keeps up works out at 455 clicks for $12.00.
    On Adwords that same traffic for the same keywords would cost me around $300.00, probably more.

I like being able to change keywords when ever I like, experimentation is the key.
    Also the ability to target the keywords that cost a fortune on Adwords means you only need to use the highest searched keywords for each category.
    Sure the traffic isn't huge but for the price I think it's real value........so far.

Cyclops, Jul 3, 2005 IP
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What it the ROI? Or are you getting conversions into sales?

debunked, Jul 3, 2005 IP
  5. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Too early to say yet, I have only been in it for less than a week.
    So far one sale though which has paid for three keywords for the three months. Four more conversions will more than pay for the whole campaign so it is looking good......not going to get rich from it but every little bit adds up :)

Cyclops, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  6. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Well it's been 5 weeks now. It started off great and made a sale in the first few days...the only one :( after two weeks the impressions and clicks dropped away and now the click through rate is almost zero.
    It's like they show the ad for the first week or so then it gets placed in the background.

I wouldn't pay to run it again :mad: .

Cyclops, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  7. MarketingPro

MarketingPro Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you do a search using the keywords you bought, to see if you're still showing up as a featured ad on the right hand side of the page?

MarketingPro, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  8. ozgression

ozgression Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Man, that is tough. Time to move on and try some others.

ozgression, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  9. amedno1

amedno1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Phew nearly fell victim for this

amedno1, Jul 14, 2006 IP