1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want a Grunt

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by e10, Mar 21, 2007.

At least in my mind that's what I call it because it organises the grunt work.

You know when you have different sites on different topics and you are looking at ideas for all of them. You make a recipricol link deal but don't have time to stop and do it right there so could click on the target url and send it to your categorised grunt, into a folder for that site, with anchor text and description.

Then you find a great article and you think that would work well, so you click it the url to the content section of your grunt in the folder for the site.

You could have urls, content, contacts, accounts, affiliate records and all sorts stored in your Grunt per site. When you have that site open you fly through the Grunt folders for that site ...

Or I guess I could just get better organised. :rolleyes:

e10, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  2. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    What I good idea! That's exactly what I need too, my links are so disorganized, I sometimes forget to place them in the right category so they're.. all in one huge folder lol. I would pay $$ for such a tool!

8everything, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  3. Coolalex

Coolalex Banned

Best Answers:
    Definately would help alot!

You should make one or hire someone to make one!

Coolalex, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  4. plumsauce

plumsauce Peon

Best Answers:
    um, how about this:

in, IE :)

file/send/link by email

set the subject to: "-yoursite - reason for email"

mail it to yourself,

when you have "yoursite" open for maintenance,

go into your email client, sort by title(this is why the subject always starts with "-yoursite")

alternatively, you could set up a filter rule where the conditions are:
    if subject starts with "-yoursite" move to folder "yoursite todo", one for each site. don't add the condition if sender==self because you may be doing this from a friend's machine etc.

that's your to do list,

when it's done, move the whole yoursite pile to the "yoursite" folder in your email client.

so, you already own the tool.
    that'll be $50.00 each please :)
    or one rep point :)

if you want to take it further, write a javascript bookmarklet that prompts for the subject line, queries the document.location, etc and have it fire up using a mailto url.

plumsauce, Mar 28, 2007 IP
    e10 and d16man like this.
  5. spirou

spirou Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm not sure i understood things correctly, but sounds like you could use Google Notebook or Diigo for stuff like that... I do..

spirou, Apr 18, 2007 IP
    e10 likes this.
  6. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Spirou,

Thanks for both of these. Now I have one less excuse for being disorganised.

e10, Apr 18, 2007 IP