1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me brainstorm business/website ideas!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ephemeral, Mar 28, 2007.

I'm interested in creating a website, with a good clean layout that features unique articles gently sprinkled with adsense.

I am a fairly competent writer, and so I plan on researching and authoring my own articles.

Heres what I'm wondering: what type of information is lacking from the web? About what subject should I write? Further, what keywords/subjects have a small amount of results on SERPs, but have a high search amount per month?

Essentially, here are my questions: 1) If I was to make a website featuring unique articles, what is the best subject matter to choose at this time?

2) is it conceivable to create a good information website that brings in $10 per day?

Thanks, and if you have any other business ideas that are unrelated, please mention them.

Ephemeral, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  2. eddiemoses81

eddiemoses81 Banned

Best Answers:
    1) Try to buy aged domain, to avoid google sandbox which may last up to 9 months.

2) Try to target low traffic keywords as your posts titles.

3) Yes, I am comfortable that you will make about 10$ a day out of that. However, you should write about something that people look for.

FYI, one of my sites has rank in google of 4 for 2 keywords that brings to me 350 visitors a day, I make 3-3.5 dollar from those visitors.

I wish that helpe

eddiemoses81, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  3. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips, but how do I go about finding a topic that gets a high amount of searches with low competition?

Ephemeral, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  4. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are niches and people don't reveal them when they find one ;) What you need to do is look up any keyword and see how many times its searched in a month, and then the # of competition. You can use such looks like: inventory.overture.com

For competition: if you google up the word, you can see on the left how many results there are..

It is very tedious...

8everything, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  5. vtgorilla

vtgorilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Just realize that most of the sites are only barely relevant or not SEO so they can be easily passed with good content and some SEO techniques. Getting on the front page is another story.

vtgorilla, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  6. jgjg

jgjg Peon

Best Answers:
    not sure I agree about an aged domain only because I've had new ones recently listed very fast.

Anyways one of the keys is to find a niche that pays well for Adsense. Not the easiest task since the data isn't really available.

You might want to research which niches pay well for Adsense.

$10/day is not so hard if you have 10 to 20 original articles on decent keywords and do some SEO promotion.

If we knew your hobbies we might be able to give you better advice.

jgjg, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  7. alex66

alex66 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say get an aged domain name. As I started out with a new one and was listed with google within two weeks, but now in the sand box. If this is any help to you

Byrl

alex66, Mar 29, 2007 IP