1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've been click bombed. Help

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by soju, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    In a few minutes is certainly excessive. Are you sure it was all from the same visitor?

I've had that many before, actually just slightly more, from one visitor over the course of about 7 hours. When you look at how he got to the site, what pages he viewed (and how many) it was fairly reasonable to assume they were legit clicks. I documented it all just in case, but did not inform google, and no ill came of it.

Adpubster, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    So now Adsense paranoia has reduced "click bombing" to 23 clicks in the span of 1 day? Lordy lordy. No wonder the forum is filled with "I've been click bombed!" threads. You people need to stop spending every second checking your stats, because that's what is generating all this paranoia. If you spent more time concentrating on your sites, you wouldn't waste time noticing little spikes in clicks here and there.

No offense, but this is just ridiculous.

jackburton2006, Mar 27, 2007 IP
    browntwn and JoyGoRound like this.
  3. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OK, never had this happen, but am assuming this is what click bombed is? And what was the definitive answer to dealing with this?

scart3r, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  4. currenz

currenz Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Adlogger to track multiple clicks from single IP. I would deny the suspicious IP for a day or two and monitor the site closely. If click spike happens again (using another IP), I will alert AdSense team and I banned subsequent IPs that are causing trouble. I will remove the banned IPs after a few days.

currenz, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  5. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't installed adlogger yet - up until now I had never heard of it. So, next time this happens I am ready with the details, but now - I have no idea. What is the best course of action (besides installing - which is happening as we speak :))

OK - one other question. Do I need to install a database for each website that I have, or is one installation enough?

EDIT: OK - I answered it myself - should have read the email... lol. Am putting the code in the websites now :) Thanks heaps guys, this loks like a great tool. Hopefully my adsense account wont be banned - and I get to put it to use!

scart3r, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  6. opioq

opioq Banned

Best Answers:
    doesnt sound like a big deal to me, i havent seen the site but sometimes people only click ads thinking they are legitimate links and not ads, or perhaps he was truely interested. i wouldnt worry about it unless google contacts you first.

opioq, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  7. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    TOS doesn't allow you to post stats like you have. Might want to remove or blur the image.

Adpubster, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  8. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry - I didn't realise!

Can a mod please remove the photo for me? It is too late for me to edit it.

Please don't think bad of me - I didn't know

scart3r, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  10. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    scart3r, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  11. madmoney

madmoney Banned

Best Answers:
    once even i was click bomed on my website and ultimately google ban my site having adsense! as that i wasnt knowing anything about how to prevent and what to do when your sit is click bombed

madmoney, Mar 30, 2007 IP