1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

THE IGNORANCE & STUPIDITY of At(heist)s & Ag(nostic)s

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Nehemiah, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nehemiah, I think your posts would be better received if you followed the accepted rules of forum/blog posting. Specifically, plain type almost all of the time. Using lots of bold, colors, and CAPS imparts the impression that the poster is screaming at his audience.

Jim4767, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  2. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    Calling people ignorant and stupid right off the bat does not help much either.

akula, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why is it that every time I read a post that tries to prove that God exists, I believe less and less that he does?

lorien1973, Mar 27, 2007 IP
    mopacfan likes this.
  4. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Possibly because of the abrasive manner of some religious posters, sad to say. Unfortunately, a (mercifully) small number of my fellow Christians sometimes forget that Jesus said, "Anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell" (Matthew 5:22).

Jim4767, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  5. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    only a selected number of 144,000 have a heavenly destination to co-rule as kings and priests with Jesus as the King of God's Kingdom in heaven. (Rev 14:1)

If you believe in the Holy Book, and around 72 people have made it to heaven per year from year 0001 , After the year 2000, a "No Entry" notice would have been put at the gate of heaven.

So I guess it is better to stop preaching and start enjoying life and let others enjoy too.

it career, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  6. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    I sincerely hope that your "fellow Christians" aren't as 'out of context quoting', as you are!

You really should learn the difference between "FAMILY" and 'non-family'; And in its PROPER CONTEXT, here is what JESUS said, "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a [Legitimate] cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire (Matthew 5:22)."

Did you happen to notice the words "his brother" (its there twice!)? Do you not know that IF you are a Child of THE MOST HOLY HIGH GOD, an Atheist and/or an Agnostic is not your "brother"?

Did you also, not know, that THE WORD of GOD says of the Atheist (as well as the Agnostic), "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.'" Well since you didn't know that, you could not have known that this statement is so important to THE WORD of GOD, the HE had it written twice (Psalm 14:1 and 53:1).

See Jim, LIKE AN UN-"(mercifully)" LARGE "number of" YOUR "fellow Christians", you're so busy trying to be "a Christian", that you've completely neglected being 'A CHILD [in CHRIST]' of THE ALMIGHTY GOD!

Atheists and Agnostics attempt to make a mockery (in every conceivable way) out of your HEAVENLY FATHER and HIS WORD, which is tantamount to turning all that is of HIM, into "a den of thieves (Mt 21:13ff; Mk 11:17ff; Lk 19:46ff; Jhn 2:15ff)"; and the biggest issue on your plate is my "fonts", "colors", "sizes", etc:eek: .

It is Written: "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? (2 Cor 6:14ff)"!
    BTW, this passage is not just concerning "marriage", but other relationships as well.

Before you can do what "a Christian" is supposed to do, you must first BE a CHILD of THE MOST HIGH GOD ("Born Again").

Here's a little known tidbit of the utmost importance to all of us who are "the Children [IN CHRIST, via being "BORN AGAIN"] of THE MOST HIGH GOD. . .get ready now, this is dynamite:
    'What is supposed to attract unbelievers to JESUS CHRIST,
    is not primarily how nice and polite we are to them
    (Remember how they turned on JESUS?),
    but HOW LOVING and FAMILY ORIENTED,
    we are to Each Other
    (Those, only of THE HOUSEHOLD of GOD)!!!

JESUS CHRIST
    +nothing
    =EVERYTHING!

Nehemiah, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  7. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:

No, Nehemiah, I'm quite blessed with my relationship to God the Father through my Savior Jesus Christ, as are many others on this board.

I'll just go back to my original reply. Please treat the readers of this forum with some respect, rather than speaking to them with the journalistic equivalent of screaming at them via bold, capitalized, bright-colored text. The second-greatest commandment — to love our neighbor — is best fulfilled in an attitude of other-centeredness and respect.

Jim4767, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  8. imposter78

imposter78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you mean well, OP, but you betray a huge misunderstanding of atheism, agnosticism, and general logic.

Being an atheist does not necessarily mean you concur with the statement "THERE IS NO GOD". I am an atheist, but I do not hold that position. If you think there is a paradox there, then please educate yourself further on the people you are trying to bait.

Secondly, the onus is not on me, any other atheist or anyone, frankly, to "disprove" a statement. (Proof is for mathematics and alcohol, by the way). The onus is on you to provide convincing evidence for your statement.

As an analogy, imagine i I made the statement

"THERE IS AN INVISIBLE PINK DONKEY SHAGGING NEHEMIAH'S LEG"

All I as you is

.JUST TO “DISPROVE” THE POSITIVE STATEMENT ABOVE
    (Surely you should be able to Disprove a Positive, huh?)

It's a ludicrous position - if I made such a statement, I would be expected to provide evidence for its truth. The same applies to you and your G-d.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going. Proverbs 14:15

imposter78, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  9. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nehemiah, you may want to try and understand what Jim has said. This will be beneficial to you and everyone else.

debunked, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  10. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Now do you mean that you think we are to treat eveyone else poorly?

If so, you need to see how Jesus treated all those who where strangers to Him.

debunked, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  11. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Jesus is embarassed by this thread

browntwn, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  12. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Amen to that! My thoughts exactly.

Dubz, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  13. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice Scripture. . . check out this one by the human Author's Father: "The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork."

The Wisest totally human to ever live, and his Father ("a man after God's own Heart"), and even jackasses Recognize their CREATOR. . ., but not you , huh?

But, nonetheless, Remember this "mathematics":

JESUS CHRIST
    +nothing
    =EVERYTHING!

14. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    :cool: . . .and you know this how???:confused:

And don't forget:

:D JESUS CHRIST
    +nothing
    =EVERYTHING!:D

15. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    This thread makes baby jesus cry.

lorien1973, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  16. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you an "At" or an "Ag"? And what did "Jim" say that was "beneficial" to me and "everyone else", but NOT to YOU???

Here a little something that should be "beneficial" to you:

JESUS CHRIST
    +nothing
    =EVERYTHING!

17. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    Jesus Christ + Nothing = Christianity

Reality = Everything

ReadyToGo, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  18. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Kinda like "JESUS wept.", huh?

Are you an "At" or an "Ag"? And actually what makes JESUS weeps is "Unbelief".

But Remember:

JESUS CHRIST
    +nothing
    =EVERYTHING!

19. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I fixed that for you!

lorien1973, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  20. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a Nobel Prize winning equation right there.

ReadyToGo, Mar 28, 2007 IP